Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Cool Ranch OverPowered?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 24, 2010
Hello KI, first off love both your titles. Secondly, some feedback, you guys seriously need to look into the problems with the Cool Ranch world. They're quite a few. I find myself outmatched a lot against the monsters not because I am under leveled in fact I am level 18 which I assume is appropriate for that world. I actually don't have a single companion and they're leveled between 15-19 some are promoted too, that can deal with the mobs without sustaining heavy damage or death. I find it very inconvenient that the difficulty level from Valencia to Cool Ranch is such a hefty gap. Not to mention the collection drops are ridiculously low which honestly I find boring to spend countless hours fighting overpowered monsters to collect a certain amount.

To top it off one of your collection quests Its the one where you collect 8 Buffaloon hides is glitched. That being sometimes when you finish the battle no quest information is logged (You collected # of 8, Did not collect) so it acts as if it was a random non-quest encounter. These things combined make for a very unhappy player and I'm not the only one who feels this way. Please, fix this world as it stands now it could turn off a lot of players when they're struggling as much as some of us are.

Ensign
May 29, 2011
Its already turned me off. Its more frustrating than enjoyable, Thats a really bad thing for a game.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Level 18 is probably the lowest a Pirate should get to Cool Ranch and expect to survive. I arrived at level 19 Privateer and had a very hard time at first. What I did was do as many Quests that I could which did not involve any fighting except for maybe ship fighting. That allowed me to level up fast enough and get enough equipment to survive the fights. Cool Ranch is definitely 1 to 2 notches above the previous worlds. However, you get a lot of experience here very quickly. I am now level 26 and still having some problems. One thing I had to do at first was to heal myself after every fight.

Hope that helps. Good luck!

Ensign
Oct 09, 2011
Cool Ranch is difficult compared to the previous zones. Too difficult ? That is debatable but if it is causing enough pain for folks to want to stop then KI might want to take a look at these things etc...

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
Some quest areas are lower level and easier in Cool Ranch than others and you tend to have the higher level and the lower level quests unlocked and available at the same time. If you can't do an area, simply go to an easier one and come back to the harder ones when you are a bit higher level.