Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Connection Lost

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 10, 2011
For the past 2 nights I get lost connection over and over and over. It's making me crazy! It's not my internet, thats fine I checked it. I played wizard101 for 3 hours tonight not once did it occur. As soon as I get into Pirate101, I get lost connection. Is it the game? Is anyone else having these problems?

Administrator
You'll want to contact support@pirate101.com if this problem persists. When you contact them, please provide as much detail as possible:

1. Confirm username (which account are you playing)
2. What area were you trying to access when this happened?
3. What time (approximately) was it?
4. Please attach game logs for further review (see below for more instructions).
5. Are you still having this trouble? If not, what occurred?

Instructions for sending game logs:
Use your email service to add an attachment. Drill down to the Pirate101 Folder then to the Bin Folder and the Log Folder then select "Captain_XXX.Log" (the highest numbered one or the most recently dated). Then just hit send!

If this is too large for your email server to attach or send, then open the game folder, go to the the bin folder again and locate the Captain.log. Right click on the log file and select Save as Zip (or similar wording - will vary depending on your specific operating system). Then, go back to your email and attach the newly zipped Captain.log.zip file.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Dec 10, 2011
I have figured out what the problem is, but have no answer to fix it. When my son connects his Xbox Live directly to the internet box, and does not just use wifi, I lose my connection to this game. It is only in this game that it occurs. Do you have any suggestions in how to remedy this, without me throwing away his Xbox

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Slick Suri on Nov 17, 2012 wrote:
I have figured out what the problem is, but have no answer to fix it. When my son connects his Xbox Live directly to the internet box, and does not just use wifi, I lose my connection to this game. It is only in this game that it occurs. Do you have any suggestions in how to remedy this, without me throwing away his Xbox
Don't throw it away! It may be how old your computer operation system is. I don't know for sure but have a computer tech figure it out and see why it's happening. If isn't that resort to give a relative location where ya live. If KI can't fix this then ya have to get a new computer and there's a computer contest runned by KI right now. You could enter that.
Jacob Freeman lvl 17

Ensign
Dec 10, 2011
Ensign
Dec 10, 2011
i have tried everything i can think of and it still will not keep my connection. i checked the speed of my interent, i turned off my sons wifi. this is terrible. i am tired of wiz101 i want to play this one. Makes no sense. I have a level 50 pirate, but now it decides not to work??? :(

Ensign
Dec 10, 2011
Jack, i did not know where to find what you told me to send. so i sent a bug report, i found that. hope it was what you were talking about.

Administrator
Thanks for sending a bug report. Keep us informed on any fixes or work around suggestions that might come out of it.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
I have received these notices and been disconnected from the game on occasion.

Each time it has occurred I know for a fact its not my computer, or my internet connection (my friends talk on skype while we play, and it is never interrupted).

It could be some internet routing issues, but IMO some of the net code for pirates could still use some optimization.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Dec 10, 2011
Ensign
Dec 10, 2011
OFxSaint

I have received these notices and been disconnected from the game on occasion.

Each time it has occurred I know for a fact its not my computer, or my internet connection (my friends talk on skype while we play, and it is never interrupted).

It could be some internet routing issues, but IMO some of the net code for pirates could still use some optimization

I dont understand? Do i need to do something to fix it?

Ensign
Dec 10, 2011
Well, I dont know what you guys did on Tuesday night, but it fixed my problem. I played yesterday and this morning, and did not disconnect once! Thanks :)