Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companion Suggestions

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 26, 2010
Ok... I'm glad I finally got membership so I can post suggestions here because boy are they needed. I've been looking at some of these companions and, yeah, they need some work.

1) Starting Companions(from Mooshu): Uh yeah, what is this, let-bucklers-dominate-pvp-fest? No First Strike 3? First Strike 3 available at max promotions. Bucklers get hide in shadows and lose heals, Privy gets barrage at max and buccs get mighty or brutal charge(your pick idk).

2) Bonnie Anne: Most random companion ever. Musket/Shotgunner/Healer/Sniper. That's Bonnie Anne in a nutshell. First off, give her a sniper shot at every promotion(max of 3 at highlander). Stock Assault epic is gonzo. Stock Assault power does an additional epic stun(stuns enemy from triggering epics). And Second Wind 50% at highlander.

3) Old Scratch: I know he's overpowered already, but... Up his drain to Jobu's Embrace(at shaman) and let him get Mojo Rising, yeah that's better.

4) Ratbeard: 100 base armor at max and like +5 dodge. Boom. Actually worthy of being called a bucc now.

5) Gracie Conrad: Idk, maybe let her get repel 3 and htl 3, or first strike 3?

6) Baar: Vicious Charge and prob +10 will and +10 agility that way enemies don't crit on him too much

7) Scorpius: Lolz. Don't worry, I know it was a meme that this guy was super weak but it's his time to shine. Swashbuckler's Stab, Assasin's Gloom and +1 movement range. Oh and throw in First Strike 1 as a base talent. And maybe even Elusive 2(if your feeling generous)

8) Lastly... Hawkules! I remember I used to see pro's in the olden days using him as their first mate all the time. The joke was on me, as I realized how bad he was. Here's how you fix it: Crit buffed to Super, Vicious Charge and Whale's Might(oh boy, I'm just getting started). Tide 3(for obvious reasons), Base talents are Vengeance 2 and Hold 1(also let hold be available to get), plus Strong 1. Oh and just in case he does start to die, maybe a rally too. And if he needs some help, stygian chorus. And we definitely don't need him dying to magic, so +20 will and spellpower. And WOAH. Only 19 armor? Weaksauce, he needs at least 90 armor and 50 magic resist. And due to all these upgrades, I say rename him to legendary hero or demigod.

*Author's Note* This is a meme(LOL), so just wanted you to know, no I am not a really dumb player, I just wanted to have some fun. [To KI] I do not expect any of these changes to be added or considered and I will post a real, legitimate companion suggestions post(to make up for this one) soon

Administrator
Grumpy Blaze on Nov 7, 2020 wrote:
Ok... I'm glad I finally got membership so I can post suggestions here because boy are they needed. I've been looking at some of these companions and, yeah, they need some work.

1) Starting Companions(from Mooshu): Uh yeah, what is this, let-bucklers-dominate-pvp-fest? No First Strike 3? First Strike 3 available at max promotions. Bucklers get hide in shadows and lose heals, Privy gets barrage at max and buccs get mighty or brutal charge(your pick idk).

2) Bonnie Anne: Most random companion ever. Musket/Shotgunner/Healer/Sniper. That's Bonnie Anne in a nutshell. First off, give her a sniper shot at every promotion(max of 3 at highlander). Stock Assault epic is gonzo. Stock Assault power does an additional epic stun(stuns enemy from triggering epics). And Second Wind 50% at highlander.

3) Old Scratch: I know he's overpowered already, but... Up his drain to Jobu's Embrace(at shaman) and let him get Mojo Rising, yeah that's better.

4) Ratbeard: 100 base armor at max and like +5 dodge. Boom. Actually worthy of being called a bucc now.

5) Gracie Conrad: Idk, maybe let her get repel 3 and htl 3, or first strike 3?

6) Baar: Vicious Charge and prob +10 will and +10 agility that way enemies don't crit on him too much

7) Scorpius: Lolz. Don't worry, I know it was a meme that this guy was super weak but it's his time to shine. Swashbuckler's Stab, Assasin's Gloom and +1 movement range. Oh and throw in First Strike 1 as a base talent. And maybe even Elusive 2(if your feeling generous)

8) Lastly... Hawkules! I remember I used to see pro's in the olden days using him as their first mate all the time. The joke was on me, as I realized how bad he was. Here's how you fix it: Crit buffed to Super, Vicious Charge and Whale's Might(oh boy, I'm just getting started). Tide 3(for obvious reasons), Base talents are Vengeance 2 and Hold 1(also let hold be available to get), plus Strong 1. Oh and just in case he does start to die, maybe a rally too. And if he needs some help, stygian chorus. And we definitely don't need him dying to magic, so +20 will and spellpower. And WOAH. Only 19 armor? Weaksauce, he needs at least 90 armor and 50 magic resist. And due to all these upgrades, I say rename him to legendary hero or demigod.

*Author's Note* This is a meme(LOL), so just wanted you to know, no I am not a really dumb player, I just wanted to have some fun. [To KI] I do not expect any of these changes to be added or considered and I will post a real, legitimate companion suggestions post(to make up for this one) soon
Thanks koargraham, and welcome to the forums!

Lieutenant
Mar 28, 2009
Welcome to the boards, Grumpy Blaze! It's nice to see someone new. We definitely want to see updates to Companions, and you've highlighted several.

Smooth Sailin' to ye!