Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

companion point cap warning

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 30, 2012
I think a warning should be added in game similar to the 2 warnings players receive when approaching and then hitting the gold cap. I’ve reached level 47 and spend the vast majority of the game thus far obsessively hoarding my companion points trying my best to make the most of those points since the higher you are in relation to your companion when you train them the more experience they get. Eventually I stumbled upon the companion point cap without realizing it and I actually wasted a few points before I realized I wasn't gaining anymore. I think a warning should be added so this doesn’t happen to anyone else.

Thank you for your time and all that you do.

Sincerly,
ninja

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
May I ask what number the cap is? Because if you check out http://pirate101.centralforums.com/forums/showthread.php?10386-Too-Many-Companion-Training-Points/page3&p=83873#post83873 (it is a post by Jason on the Pirate101central forums where he didn't spend a single companion training point until he got to level 50) the limit must be at least 200.

Ensign
Mar 30, 2012
KiwiChickenz on Dec 21, 2012 wrote:
May I ask what number the cap is? Because if you check out http://pirate101.centralforums.com/forums/showthread.php?10386-Too-Many-Companion-Training-Points/page3&p=83873#post83873 (it is a post by Jason on the Pirate101central forums where he didn't spend a single companion training point until he got to level 50) the limit must be at least 200.
PsychoChickenz thank for clearing this up for me. I was unaware of Jason’s project but I like the way the man thinks.

After reading phycho’s post and checking the link I went and handed in some side quests that I had been saving and confirmed that the cap is not what I thought it was.

Just to be very clear some time ago I was at 99 companion points and handed in a quest that should have bumped me to 100 but it did not seem to so I assumed that 99 was the cap.

Just now after handing in the fore mentioned side quests I am now at 100 companion points.

How I made this mistake is a mystery to me because my wife was watching that night and she saw the same thing I did.

Maybe the quest itself has a bug in it and did not grant a point as advertised creating the illusion that a point had been wasted. I don’t remember the name of the quest just that the guy was monquistan.

Maybe I just can’t count or we need new glasses or something I honestly don’t know but I can say that I have no idea what the cap is if it does in fact exist.

The point is that I made a mistake and am not to proud to admit it.
I was wrong! I was wrong! I was wrong!

I’d like to offer my most sincere apologies for any inconvenience and confusion especially to Jason if it seems I was trying to slight his epic accomplishment in any way it was not my intention.

If the devs see fit to lock or remove this topic that seems to be the logical course of action in fact I hope that they do just that.

Again I’m very sorry to everyone for the inconvenience and confusion.

Sincerely,
ninja

Administrator
If you can remember the name of the quest, please let us know!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
Is it possible that it said practice point and you misread it as training point?

Ensign
Mar 30, 2012
It was at Puerto Mico inside the Arroyo’s Accoutrements but I can’t remember which of the 3 guys it was or what the quest was named.

I also seem to recall that the quest was completed in Tierra Primata but you are then asked to return to Puerto Mico to hand it in for your reward.

I’m very sorry for the confusion I’ve caused and would like to apologize again.