Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Companion Improvements (mainly Kraken Skulls ppl)

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
402
KI, I like what you're doing with those multiple-tier powers on Old Scratch and Emmett/Exeter. But now I want 3 tiers of things on all the other Kraken Skulls companions.

Sarah Steele/Lucy Sterling
Quick Blow
Ignores all defense, deals 100% W.P. (weapon power) and reduces outgoing heals by 25% for 10 rounds

Fierce Blow
Ignores all defense, deals 125% W.P. and reduces outgoing heals by 25% for 10 rounds

Heavy Blow
Ignores all defense, deals 150% W.P. and reduces outgoing heals by 50% for 5 rounds

comment - idk if she needs this, but hey maybe people will stop using fan flanders lol

Louis leBisque/Pepe deTorteau
Scouting
+1 attack range and +25% accuracy to any ally for 10 rounds

Seeking
+2 attack range and +25% accuracy to any ally for 10 rounds

Sniping
+3 attack range and +50% accuracy to any ally for 5 rounds

would be helpful... especially for witches though so pepe deserves it

Mormo/Uga Buga
Juju Charm
+50% Strength/Agility/Will to a single ally, infinite range and it lasts 10 rounds

Juju Idol
+75% Strength/Agility/Will to a single ally, infinite range and it lasts 5 rounds

Juju Talisman
+100% Strength/Agility/Will to a single ally, infinite range and it lasts 3 rounds

Barnabus/Gerard
Buccaneer's Barrier
25% reduced damage taken from melee attacks, on all adjacent allies, for 5 rounds

Buccaneer's Barricade
50% reduced damage taken from melee attacks, on all adjacent allies, for 3 rounds

Buccaneer's Bastion
50% reduced damage taken from all attack types except magic, on all adjacent allies, for 3 rounds



oh also



Carcarius Grimtooth
He needs like 6 range, Davy Jones' Reach and maybe Widow's Touch to match those other Pirate 3 companions (they all get the Pirate 3 talent after 2 promotions so that's how I'm categorizing them)

k, any changes? because i repeat from about a week (really month) ago that i have no experience with any class other than witch

oh and
made up quote of the day (or post because i dont post that frequently)
"captain, von captain! ze ship is sinking!"
-imaginary bat masterson

in memory of godzilla

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
119
AndrewDeathblade11... on Oct 22, 2015 wrote:
KI, I like what you're doing with those multiple-tier powers on Old Scratch and Emmett/Exeter. But now I want 3 tiers of things on all the other Kraken Skulls companions.

Sarah Steele/Lucy Sterling
Quick Blow
Ignores all defense, deals 100% W.P. (weapon power) and reduces outgoing heals by 25% for 10 rounds

Fierce Blow
Ignores all defense, deals 125% W.P. and reduces outgoing heals by 25% for 10 rounds

Heavy Blow
Ignores all defense, deals 150% W.P. and reduces outgoing heals by 50% for 5 rounds

comment - idk if she needs this, but hey maybe people will stop using fan flanders lol

Louis leBisque/Pepe deTorteau
Scouting
+1 attack range and +25% accuracy to any ally for 10 rounds

Seeking
+2 attack range and +25% accuracy to any ally for 10 rounds

Sniping
+3 attack range and +50% accuracy to any ally for 5 rounds

would be helpful... especially for witches though so pepe deserves it

Mormo/Uga Buga
Juju Charm
+50% Strength/Agility/Will to a single ally, infinite range and it lasts 10 rounds

Juju Idol
+75% Strength/Agility/Will to a single ally, infinite range and it lasts 5 rounds

Juju Talisman
+100% Strength/Agility/Will to a single ally, infinite range and it lasts 3 rounds

Barnabus/Gerard
Buccaneer's Barrier
25% reduced damage taken from melee attacks, on all adjacent allies, for 5 rounds

Buccaneer's Barricade
50% reduced damage taken from melee attacks, on all adjacent allies, for 3 rounds

Buccaneer's Bastion
50% reduced damage taken from all attack types except magic, on all adjacent allies, for 3 rounds



oh also



Carcarius Grimtooth
He needs like 6 range, Davy Jones' Reach and maybe Widow's Touch to match those other Pirate 3 companions (they all get the Pirate 3 talent after 2 promotions so that's how I'm categorizing them)

k, any changes? because i repeat from about a week (really month) ago that i have no experience with any class other than witch

oh and
made up quote of the day (or post because i dont post that frequently)
"captain, von captain! ze ship is sinking!"
-imaginary bat masterson

in memory of godzilla
Sarah/Lucy: A bit iffy on the passive(since Bucklers can prevent them anyway) but it is unique(besides it ignoring armor that is XD)

Louis/Pepe: That would be awesome! However, Tier 2 is a direct Buff to Tier 1, and Tier 3 is quite a buff for 5 turns that can be placed on anyone. Reduce Tier 3's duration to 3 turns, and make Tier 2 grant 35% and last for 5 turns(to balance it a bit)

Mormo/Uga: I'm not sure if this would be a good thing for him to have: In PvE, I suppose it can be okay, but in PvP why play that when you can do that to all adjacent allies(you would know since you are a WD). I think he needs something a bit more unique to him, rather than something that a player can do nearly better(besides the infinite range).

Barnabus/Gerard: My only problem is that he has the Call line already. Since he has two lines(charge and smash) already, perhaps a switch between the call line to this would be good? It would be much more useful for Buccaneers to have(even if the duration is low).

Carcarius: 4 range is sound(for WDs in general). No WD companion should ever have a range advantage over every musket companion in the game(range of 5 usually), however Davy's line is already being used by Mormo, so personally I would prefer a different line(Widow's/Ocuboros line might be a good touch).

Nice Ideas, just some balancing tweaks is needed in my opinion :)

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
382
AndrewDeathblade11... on Oct 22, 2015 wrote:
KI, I like what you're doing with those multiple-tier powers on Old Scratch and Emmett/Exeter. But now I want 3 tiers of things on all the other Kraken Skulls companions.

Sarah Steele/Lucy Sterling
Quick Blow
Ignores all defense, deals 100% W.P. (weapon power) and reduces outgoing heals by 25% for 10 rounds

Fierce Blow
Ignores all defense, deals 125% W.P. and reduces outgoing heals by 25% for 10 rounds

Heavy Blow
Ignores all defense, deals 150% W.P. and reduces outgoing heals by 50% for 5 rounds

comment - idk if she needs this, but hey maybe people will stop using fan flanders lol

Louis leBisque/Pepe deTorteau
Scouting
+1 attack range and +25% accuracy to any ally for 10 rounds

Seeking
+2 attack range and +25% accuracy to any ally for 10 rounds

Sniping
+3 attack range and +50% accuracy to any ally for 5 rounds

would be helpful... especially for witches though so pepe deserves it

Mormo/Uga Buga
Juju Charm
+50% Strength/Agility/Will to a single ally, infinite range and it lasts 10 rounds

Juju Idol
+75% Strength/Agility/Will to a single ally, infinite range and it lasts 5 rounds

Juju Talisman
+100% Strength/Agility/Will to a single ally, infinite range and it lasts 3 rounds

Barnabus/Gerard
Buccaneer's Barrier
25% reduced damage taken from melee attacks, on all adjacent allies, for 5 rounds

Buccaneer's Barricade
50% reduced damage taken from melee attacks, on all adjacent allies, for 3 rounds

Buccaneer's Bastion
50% reduced damage taken from all attack types except magic, on all adjacent allies, for 3 rounds



oh also



Carcarius Grimtooth
He needs like 6 range, Davy Jones' Reach and maybe Widow's Touch to match those other Pirate 3 companions (they all get the Pirate 3 talent after 2 promotions so that's how I'm categorizing them)

k, any changes? because i repeat from about a week (really month) ago that i have no experience with any class other than witch

oh and
made up quote of the day (or post because i dont post that frequently)
"captain, von captain! ze ship is sinking!"
-imaginary bat masterson

in memory of godzilla
I think that's a bit exagerated, they dont need those buffs.

Remember Emmett/Exeter and Scratch changes were made to balance pvp, your suggestions will throw everything into whack again.

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
402
Silver Angel on Oct 23, 2015 wrote:
I think that's a bit exagerated, they dont need those buffs.

Remember Emmett/Exeter and Scratch changes were made to balance pvp, your suggestions will throw everything into whack again.
These powers aren't crazy strong and game-changing, and you can just buy the crowns shop versions of the companions to get them yourself.

Also the only kraken skulls companions I see in Ranked PvP are Sarah Steele, Louis leBisque, and in one case Barnabus. The skull island gold-promoted companions (except carcarius) are on everyone's teams I think, and El Toro, Bonnie Anne, Ratbeard, Goronado, Nausica, or maybe Baar can fill up other spaces.

I've never seen the otters in Ranked PvP.

(also it's a double g in exaggerated)

First Mate
Sep 13, 2010
402
Stormy Sam Templet... on Oct 22, 2015 wrote:
Sarah/Lucy: A bit iffy on the passive(since Bucklers can prevent them anyway) but it is unique(besides it ignoring armor that is XD)

Louis/Pepe: That would be awesome! However, Tier 2 is a direct Buff to Tier 1, and Tier 3 is quite a buff for 5 turns that can be placed on anyone. Reduce Tier 3's duration to 3 turns, and make Tier 2 grant 35% and last for 5 turns(to balance it a bit)

Mormo/Uga: I'm not sure if this would be a good thing for him to have: In PvE, I suppose it can be okay, but in PvP why play that when you can do that to all adjacent allies(you would know since you are a WD). I think he needs something a bit more unique to him, rather than something that a player can do nearly better(besides the infinite range).

Barnabus/Gerard: My only problem is that he has the Call line already. Since he has two lines(charge and smash) already, perhaps a switch between the call line to this would be good? It would be much more useful for Buccaneers to have(even if the duration is low).

Carcarius: 4 range is sound(for WDs in general). No WD companion should ever have a range advantage over every musket companion in the game(range of 5 usually), however Davy's line is already being used by Mormo, so personally I would prefer a different line(Widow's/Ocuboros line might be a good touch).

Nice Ideas, just some balancing tweaks is needed in my opinion :)
Sarah/Lucy: I looked back and realized how op that would be. 1st tier: 400 damage, 2nd tier: 500 damage, 3rd tier: 600 damage. 1500 damage guaranteed in three rounds, not mentioning critical chance and chains. Maybe 50%, 75%, and 100% damage is better.

Louis/Pepe: Um, good ideas there... nothing left to say about his buffs.

Mormo/Uga: I'm positive no one used him in PvP in the first place, so this was for PvE. If I want to send Kan Po out into the battlefield, but my Juju never showed, and I don't want to waste gear slots on Sky Spirits, Mormo can do that for me, giving me another turn to use a Valor's Armor or Raven's Cry. Should it also give weapon power or something? Dodge? Armor?

Barnabus/Gerard: Call line? Leviathan's Call line? And what do you mean by switch, what would the powers be instead?

Carcarius: 4 range? Why can't he be good like Chantal? But OK, I get your point with the critical debuff line. Widow's Touch is awesome, I think it'd be enough.

Lieutenant
Feb 02, 2013
119
AndrewDeathblade11... on Oct 23, 2015 wrote:
Sarah/Lucy: I looked back and realized how op that would be. 1st tier: 400 damage, 2nd tier: 500 damage, 3rd tier: 600 damage. 1500 damage guaranteed in three rounds, not mentioning critical chance and chains. Maybe 50%, 75%, and 100% damage is better.

Louis/Pepe: Um, good ideas there... nothing left to say about his buffs.

Mormo/Uga: I'm positive no one used him in PvP in the first place, so this was for PvE. If I want to send Kan Po out into the battlefield, but my Juju never showed, and I don't want to waste gear slots on Sky Spirits, Mormo can do that for me, giving me another turn to use a Valor's Armor or Raven's Cry. Should it also give weapon power or something? Dodge? Armor?

Barnabus/Gerard: Call line? Leviathan's Call line? And what do you mean by switch, what would the powers be instead?

Carcarius: 4 range? Why can't he be good like Chantal? But OK, I get your point with the critical debuff line. Widow's Touch is awesome, I think it'd be enough.
For Barnabus, I mean to replace his Triton's song with your lineup (I just called it a Levy Call line to convenience myself). Also(for Balancing reasons) should this not affect anyone with a damage reduction buff up because I would not be sure how (the equivalent of)-75% melee/range reduction would be taken XD.

Mormo: Fair enough then, I see your point there(Resist might be fun to add now that I think of it).

Carcarius: The main reason is that muskets always have the advantage of range, and to make one exception to that rule would be rather weird. It's not just Carcarius, I think all WDs should have 4 range instead of 3(so musket companions only have a +1 range advantage, because guns have a higher range than spells so :P)

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
732
Personaly, I would like walk in shadow to be added for Lucy,to do more damage in her final tier. That would be a nice idea to use in pvp and in battle.

The Carb Hermit really need some improvement, like add some summon like summon humango crab, moonlight tide a massive healing power that heals self and allies over a period of time and neptune's song a tempest like spell that do a great damage. Since he is a witchdoctor high spooky and will is must, like will and rough for characters and strength and rough for characters.

Did I mention Nurse Quinn, this companion had enough of being called weak. To improve this companion, she should have more will and spooky talanet,since she is a witchdoctor.That was interesting, for a moment I thought she was a class. More healing powers as her epic, and maybe mojo blades also.

In my opinon Wing Chun, this monk has extremly low health and don't do as much damage as the four Moo Shu companions. More health and rough to start with for this companion.