Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companion Ideas - Any Ideas Are Welcome!

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
So what ideas would you like for Companions? Who do you see as your new sidekick next? Be creative as possible! Possibilities are endless.

I'd think it'd be cool to have a Chameleon Companion whose power is the Hidden talent. What about a boxing Kangaroo?!

What about you?

Need help with Ships, Companions, Pets, Gear? Pirate101 Skyways has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
Kelsey Fireheart on May 17, 2013 wrote:
So what ideas would you like for Companions? Who do you see as your new sidekick next? Be creative as possible! Possibilities are endless.

I'd think it'd be cool to have a Chameleon Companion whose power is the Hidden talent. What about a boxing Kangaroo?!

What about you?
I would love to see a robot companion, not the Armada but like those robots from Celestia in Wizard101. He would be a main character. Once upon a time when you were captured. Kane controlled a robot called XD001 your crew calls him X for short. So anyways when he controlled his robot he found out that his robot was secretly working with your first companion to set him free. Subodai, Kan Po, Wing, Kobe, or Egg Shen. Then Kane one day grabbed X when he was sleeping and cut the power cords. Then docked on well the next world I guess whatever it will be. Your character discovers him being sold, but he is actually going to be destroyed! So you end up saving him. Gracie helps you repair him but you'll need the right materials. Once you grab all the materials. He says '' I shall serve my loyalty to you master. '' His class will be Witchdoctor. He will look like a yellow robot with a deadly staff with a crystal placed on top of it glowing. His feet are wheels. Then he has a hat with a feather. His skills are Jobu's Breath and that Eye thing. Talents are, Mojo Echo, Crow's Sing, Cadaver's Chanty. If this is OP which it probably is sorry i'm new at this.

Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
Personally, I wouldn't have minded an actual Armada companion...I thought it would have been cool to have someone in Valencia 'reprogram' Bishop after we defeated him and then added him to our crew. He wouldn't know everything he knew before the reprogramming, but he might be able to guide us a bit as he remembers bits and pieces of his former plans...possibly even a dramatic moment when it looks like he may betray you, but actually he's just faking out his old Armada cronies.

I also liked those Cool Ranch banditoads...they even portray them in different gear, so you can kinda imagine how he might look as he gains promotions.

Also...a sky wasp! I mean, they gave us the option of sharks, skarakeets, fish and bloodbats...why not that wasp queen? I think her name was 'Vespa'?

I've seen it mentioned elsewhere, but a cow samurai from Mooshu...based on the character of 'Mulan'. True, Disney did a Mulan movie, but they didn't make up the character, she an historical/legendary character from actual Chinese history, so as long as KI doesn't make her too much like the movie version in appearance, that should be okay. Besides, her name is 'Mulan'! (Moolan!)...and KI loves it's puns and wordplay!

Ensign
Dec 01, 2012
There's a thread in the fan-site forum about "childhood companions", It's awesome! I don't want to copy and paste everything he/she did, so you could read in there, it's worth it ^-^!!

Ensign
Jul 06, 2012
I have ideas for new "Legendary Hit" for El Toro:

There are two ideas:

In the first, the critical begins with El Toro holding a rose with his left hand, very high, and there's the music. Than, it's like the epic hit: he jumps, drawing the fire T and shouting "El Toro!", but he doesn't hit the enemy when he lands. Then, he hits the enemy with the point of his sword (sorry my English isn't very good), and it takes the T with him. So the T becomes smaller and arrives on the chest of the enemy, and he takes damage.The critical ends like the beginning of the first, and then all disappears except for El Toro's sword, mask, horns and hat, so the sword forms a T with the mask, horns and hat. (I have images but I don't know if I'm allowed to post them).

The second idea is based on the main power of El Toro: mystery. First, we see him disappear behind his cape with some guitar music. Then, we see his shadow above the enemy, with the music. After this, we see him hitting the enemy from above, like he's flying, and then he disappears again behind his cape and reappears in front of the enemy, to hit him two times: with his whip and his sword.

Noble Nicholas Nichols

Ensign
May 13, 2013
a jellyfish companion would be cool.

it would be a swashbuckler and have 4 swords.

its background was its kind once ruled a land in the spiral but the armada destroyed it because they were a pirate colony.

it would be red with eyes that are poking out of its face.

it would be a boy.

it would be in skull islands skyway as a prisoner on a cutthroat ship.

to rescue him you need to take a side quest after defeating 199 cutthroats.

Ensign
Jan 19, 2013
I would like to have One-Eyed Jack as a companion. Maybe as a swashbuckler/musketeer using one of the shooty/stabby sets. How about a blue panther wielding nunchaku named "Panthero"?

Gunner's Mate
Apr 01, 2013
I know I requested this on a different thread, but I'd like a mander knight buccaneer named Reth Gif (You know where I got the name from) and a krok witchdoctor named Ngozi Karanahn (The beguiler from Wizzy)

Lieutenant
Apr 23, 2010
I would love to see the Privateer Dog Captain swashbucklers get have a "backup" power. Where it is like a Summon power but it summons three Redcoat Dogs, that are allies, under your control, but they always appear behind when called for. They also run onto the screen. That could be part of a promotion he gets that ups him to Dog Commander and makes him look cooler.

Bristly Kevin

Petty Officer
Dec 18, 2010
Off topic: Just saying, but does anyone notice that Grace Conrad is also on Wizard?

On topic: I would like a Penguin Admiral companion, IF we visit Polaris. He could be called Sir Longbeak, and is a Musketeer. He would have Double Tap as an auto Epic, and you can choose from: True Grit, Quick Draw, Return Fire, and Over-watch for the last two epics.

Now I describe criticals.

Super Hit: He takes a Pickled Herring and shoves it into his gun, then shoots it up into the air, and it lands on the enemy

Mega Hit: Looks to be setting up some sort of timer on the gun, throws it up into the air, and it fires 3 times by itself in midair

Epic Hit: Turns away from the enemy, shoots a lightning bolt, then it circles the world and comes back around and hits the enemy.

Victory: Spins pistol in his hand while eating a pickled herring.

What do you think?

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Noble Nicholas Nic... on May 19, 2013 wrote:

There are two ideas:

In the first, the critical begins with El Toro holding a rose with his left hand, very high, and there's the music. Than, it's like the epic hit: he jumps, drawing the fire T and shouting "El Toro!", but he doesn't hit the enemy when he lands. Then, he hits the enemy with the point of his sword (sorry my English isn't very good), and it takes the T with him. So the T becomes smaller and arrives on the chest of the enemy, and he takes damage.The critical ends like the beginning of the first, and then all disappears except for El Toro's sword, mask, horns and hat, so the sword forms a T with the mask, horns and hat. (I have images but I don't know if I'm allowed to post them).

The second idea is based on the main power of El Toro: mystery. First, we see him disappear behind his cape with some guitar music. Then, we see his shadow above the enemy, with the music. After this, we see him hitting the enemy from above, like he's flying, and then he disappears again behind his cape and reappears in front of the enemy, to hit him two times: with his whip and his sword.

Noble Nicholas Nichols
If you have images on what El Toro's new critical could look like, then post them. It just might reach the creators and they might like the ideas...

Of course, if you're still worried that KI wouldn't like them, post them on Deviantart. There's tons of KI-inspired art on there! I kinda want to see what you have in mind with this ;D

~~ Happy sailing, mate

Ensign
Nov 15, 2012
Must admit,the thought has occurred to me that I'd like to have either a Polar Bear (buccaneer?) companion, or a Siberian (white) tiger (swashbuckler?).

Dashing Andy Englund lvl 41 buccaneer

Ensign
Apr 21, 2009
My dream would be to have a "create a companion" option where you can select from all existing models with combat animations, select their names, classes, a couple of core skills or spells as well as the usual epics and talents. You could charge anywhere between 30 - 50K in the crown shop and I'd drop the cash in a heartbeat for the chance to have a unique companion.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Noble Nicholas Nic... on May 19, 2013 wrote:

There are two ideas:

Noble Nicholas Nichols
I believe you can post images if they are not embedded and if they are hosted on an official fan site like Pirate101 Central.

Ensign
Nov 05, 2012
I have been thinking about a Rat Criminal. Milo was a brigand, rapscallion, and a scoundrel. I think it's reasonable for a Rat Criminal.

Ensign
Jan 23, 2011
Hey! So I have a few ideas for new companions if none of you mind! ^-^

1. A Polar Bear companion. That would be awesome. He/she would be a Buccaneer, and would have about two or three promotions. His/Her starter epic is Vengeance Strike.

2. You know the three musketeers? Maybe a cat version of it. He would be a Swashbuckler, and maybe one or two promotions. His starter epic would be, actually, I don't know!

3. A Tiger. You know that Tiger girl in a show, I think with a panda named Po? I forgot. >_< Well, yeah, she would be a Buccaneer, and three promotions at most. Her starter epic would be Vengeance Strike.

4. Santa! Nah, I'm kidding. Maybe a small koala musketeer? A she I guess, and she would have two promotions. Her starter epic would be Double Trap.

How are these ideas? I hope they're good enough for you to enjoy! :D

Vanessa Everhart. Level 18
Melody Collins. Level 14
Allison Hawkins. Level 6

Ensign
May 31, 2009
I was thinking an actual witch on a broom no?

Ensign
Aug 29, 2011
I think One Eyed Jack is awesome.
Crazy Elijah Hobart

Ensign
Nov 08, 2012
Actually, I do have some ideas for companion promotions. It might be a little long...

1: Old Scratch - His final promotion: Undead Witch-King
Appearance: He would have a hood, where his magician's hat would be over the hood. In the hook that he has, he carries an elixir that constantly change color and continues to bubble. His jaw would be given back to him and he constantly opens and closes his mouth with his tongue sticking out (The same animation with Dead Mike) . Two crystals would be put in his rib cage that seem like his "lungs".

2: Ratbeard - His final promotion: Rat General/Dictator
(General: if he changes his ways to be good, no insults and pure good deeds, Dictator: He stays his same ol' same ol'.)
Appearance: He'd have that hat that generals use? He wears the type of shirt with badges on his left side. Oh, and his beard would more cleaner, like his white curls.

3: Shiruko Neko (if that's how you spell it) - First promotion: Cat Assassin.
Appearance: She'd have a metal band on her helm, and metal shoulder pads. (Like the ninja from Ninjago)

4: After each companion with corsair -> Marauder, After Maruader -> Elite
Ex. Skeletal Corsair - Skeletal Maruader - Skeletal Elite (Bones McGee)
Dog Corsair - Dog Maruader - Dog Elite (Lucky Jack Russel)
Cat Maruader - Cat Elite (Cat Pirate)

Off Topic: Wish there was a thread about main storyline quests. I had some good ones...
Well that's it, all the ideas I had about companions... for now.

Golden James Ironside

Captain
May 16, 2011
Vanessa Everhart on Jul 5, 2013 wrote:
Hey! So I have a few ideas for new companions if none of you mind! ^-^

1. A Polar Bear companion. That would be awesome. He/she would be a Buccaneer, and would have about two or three promotions. His/Her starter epic is Vengeance Strike.

2. You know the three musketeers? Maybe a cat version of it. He would be a Swashbuckler, and maybe one or two promotions. His starter epic would be, actually, I don't know!

3. A Tiger. You know that Tiger girl in a show, I think with a panda named Po? I forgot. >_< Well, yeah, she would be a Buccaneer, and three promotions at most. Her starter epic would be Vengeance Strike.

4. Santa! Nah, I'm kidding. Maybe a small koala musketeer? A she I guess, and she would have two promotions. Her starter epic would be Double Trap.

How are these ideas? I hope they're good enough for you to enjoy! :D

Vanessa Everhart. Level 18
Melody Collins. Level 14
Allison Hawkins. Level 6
Love those ideas! And as for 3.
-A tensity fills the air-
Kung Fu Panda!

Ensign
Aug 29, 2011
stabber111 on May 20, 2013 wrote:
a jellyfish companion would be cool.

it would be a swashbuckler and have 4 swords.

its background was its kind once ruled a land in the spiral but the armada destroyed it because they were a pirate colony.

it would be red with eyes that are poking out of its face.

it would be a boy.

it would be in skull islands skyway as a prisoner on a cutthroat ship.

to rescue him you need to take a side quest after defeating 199 cutthroats.
Great idea but 199 is a little to much

Ensign
Nov 08, 2012
The Lightning Ride... on Jul 15, 2013 wrote:
Actually, I do have some ideas for companion promotions. It might be a little long...

1: Old Scratch - His final promotion: Undead Witch-King
Appearance: He would have a hood, where his magician's hat would be over the hood. In the hook that he has, he carries an elixir that constantly change color and continues to bubble. His jaw would be given back to him and he constantly opens and closes his mouth with his tongue sticking out (The same animation with Dead Mike) . Two crystals would be put in his rib cage that seem like his "lungs".

2: Ratbeard - His final promotion: Rat General/Dictator
(General: if he changes his ways to be good, no insults and pure good deeds, Dictator: He stays his same ol' same ol'.)
Appearance: He'd have that hat that generals use? He wears the type of shirt with badges on his left side. Oh, and his beard would more cleaner, like his white curls.

3: Shiruko Neko (if that's how you spell it) - First promotion: Cat Assassin.
Appearance: She'd have a metal band on her helm, and metal shoulder pads. (Like the ninja from Ninjago)

4: After each companion with corsair -> Marauder, After Maruader -> Elite
Ex. Skeletal Corsair - Skeletal Maruader - Skeletal Elite (Bones McGee)
Dog Corsair - Dog Maruader - Dog Elite (Lucky Jack Russel)
Cat Maruader - Cat Elite (Cat Pirate)

Off Topic: Wish there was a thread about main storyline quests. I had some good ones...
Well that's it, all the ideas I had about companions... for now.

Golden James Ironside
And the list continues!

5: Old Scratch - Undead Witch-King (Updated)
Appearance: The elixir, as I've said before, now changes color (Track: Blue, purple, red, pink, green, repeat)! His eye (the one that rolls around) is now red (the white part of the eye). The magician's hat has the little dangling things (The one that the crane master has) He also has a mask that covers only his eyes and nose (well, what's left of his nose anyways) and points outward, like lightning. He would also have a crown over his magicians hat. His wand has a crystal orb that has been fogged on the top being held by a skeletal hand with a ring (Like the monkey's Paw).
His right hand equips gloves with leaves at the end of it. He also has been given an amulet with an amethyst and a skull over it. He'd have a belt with five potions with different colors on it. (Two on his right (purple), Two on his left (red) and one behind him (Green). The gem, that is in his right eye socket, begins to emit a small lightning bolt, as if it was surging with power. Each string of his braided hair would have one gold ring on each. The black tattooes on his skull continue onto the rest of his skeleton and changes color from black to red and repeat. Finally, (Phew!) There would be a (small) scrimshaw drake skull on each of his shoulders. In the drake's eye sockets would be the gemstones from four of the different wizard schools. They are: Peridot, ruby, citrine and Jade.

Abilities: Bonechant +? Summon: Rattlebones : Skeletal Paladin (With Full Armor and his jaw is given back)

2: Ratbeard - Rat General/Dictator (Updated)
Appearance: On his general hat would be the rat skull insignia that was on his hat when he was a commander. He would have 3 curls on each side of his head. In his hook would be a piece of paper, a chart perhaps?

3: El Toro - 3rd Promotion - Masked Legend
Appearance: His hat is curved upwards. He also has a rose in his mouth. (I think! If already does have one, I don't have him yet.) A ring is in his nose (like some bulls) His sword has the same shield thingy (the one the rat admiral has on his sword) on each side of the the sword.

4: Milo Graytail - 3rd Promotion - Rat Criminal (Someone already said it but I decided to put more detail)
Appearance: He'd have a hook in his right hand and an eyepatch. Oh, he'd have shackles on his wrists with the half-broken chains. (It'll look like he broke out.)

His Final Promotion - Rat Mastermind
Appearance: His left eye (the one without the eye patch) is swirling.

That's it! All I got for now!

Golden James Ironside

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Name: Wally
Type: Walrus Swashbuckler to Walrus Champion (promotion 1) to Walrus Master (promotion 2)
Class: Swashbuckler
How to get: Anybody can get Wally from a storyline quest in a future world.
Where from: An unmentioned world or Polaris
Abilities: Critical Attack Melee (start) Assassin's Mist (start) Critical Attack Melee Rank 2 (first promotion) Assassin's Gloom (first promotion) Dance of Steel (first promotion) Critical Attack Melee Rank 3 (second promotion) Assassin's Shroud (second promotion) Gambit of Steel (second promotion) Rouse (second promotion) Refresh (second promotion)
Looks: Wally is a brown walrus with legs. His starter look is a shirt and torn pants with swords in his hands. After Wally's first promotion he wears a tuxedo with a hat. His swords are better and the handles are golden. After his second promotion his tuxedo and hat are embroidered. Wally has a belt with a staff in it to do Rouse and Refresh. His swords are thinner and longer.
Hit Animations: Wally's regular hit is he attacks the enemy with his swords. His Super Hit is he hits the enemy with his swords twice and he jumps up and slashes the enemy. His Mega Hit is that he hits the enemy then sticks his swords in the ground. He jumps up, grabs the sword and hits the enemy. His Epic hit is that he hits the enemy eight times really fast doing about a hundred damage each. Then he jumps up and his swords glow and slashes the enemy doing about a thousand damage.
Defeated Animation: Falls to the ground
Win Animation: Does a dance
Starter Epic Abilities: First Strike, Blade Storm Rank 2

Ensign
Jun 17, 2013
I would like some sort of hippopotamus,

With a spike collar around its neck, And a ninja fighting pole on its back.
I would call it:a Ninjapottamus.
Starts with a power called dive, normal attack, but unlimited range, and never misses.
And 2 epic talents, riposte and repel boarders.
Normal hit is like a bite,
Super hit: bites once then flings ninja pole off his back into his mouth and hits again with the pole.
Mega hit: Flings pole into its mouth and does a 360 degree spin slash with the pole.
Epic hit: Dives underwater, comes up under enemy then bites them when he comes up, hits again with his pole under him still facing upwards, turns downward and bites one last time and goes back under to his original spot.

Gets from side quest in valencia.
That is my idea!

Ensign
Jun 23, 2013
Omah Greyclaw - Lion Pit fighter (Buccaneer)

Pit Fighter -> Champion -> Pit Lord

Obtained from; A side quest involving a circus or a gladiator stadium of some sort.

Abilities: Critical Strike (default), Buccaneer strike (1st promo) Vengeance Strike, Riposte, Relentless, Blade Storm, Witch Hunter

Appearance: A tall yellow lion with a dark brown mane and a loin cloth and first wraps. 1st promo; Gains war paint on his upper body and some pants. 2nd promo; More elaborate war paint and a pair of gauntlets.

Hits; 1st: A simple uppercut with a windup. 2nd: A punch followed up by a spinning kick. 3rd: A combo started with an elbow followed by a backhand followed by a punch.

Crits: Super: A pair of overhand swings from his claws followed by a knee. Mega: Omah gets into a boxing stance and fires of a series of rapid punches followed by an uppercut. Epic: Omah slowly flexes out each claw from a fist making a small 'shrk' sound with each claw out. After all are out he considers them for a moment before hitting the enemy with a mighty claw strike.

Defeat: Falls to his hands and knees and punches the ground in anger before passing out.

Victory: Does a wrestling style victory pose with both hands out in front of him pointing to an imaginary crowd roaring in victory.

He's a character from a story I'm working on.