Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companion Gear! A revolutionary step for them!

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Hi guys

I was playing this game when I had the best idea

Companion gear!

This wouldn't be gear such as hats and boots only restricted to totems and rings so they still look the same

It would change farming and strategies new popular bosses would be farmed and new strategies would emerge from this great community

I'll use the monquistador veteran for example, let's say you could farm Don silvestro for a totem which gives a 20% chance for a low level monquistador explorer to join the battle

Or for Bonnie Anne you could farm count brastillo do brass for a medallion granting her a rank of return fire

I believe the possibilities are amazing and bottomless, it would take a lot of work which would definitely pay off once relased, it would make all companions unique to each other

Please review my idea below and even post your own ideas!

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Dec 31, 2015 wrote:
Hi guys

I was playing this game when I had the best idea

Companion gear!

This wouldn't be gear such as hats and boots only restricted to totems and rings so they still look the same

It would change farming and strategies new popular bosses would be farmed and new strategies would emerge from this great community

I'll use the monquistador veteran for example, let's say you could farm Don silvestro for a totem which gives a 20% chance for a low level monquistador explorer to join the battle

Or for Bonnie Anne you could farm count brastillo do brass for a medallion granting her a rank of return fire

I believe the possibilities are amazing and bottomless, it would take a lot of work which would definitely pay off once relased, it would make all companions unique to each other

Please review my idea below and even post your own ideas!
I think it would be better if when they add crafting, you could 'upgrade' your companion's stats for gold and reagents. You could unlock a different upgrade every 15 companion levels or so, and the upgrades themselves would be expensive.

Petty Officer
Feb 10, 2011
I don't know. I generally blanch at anything that seeks to bring more grind to a game that generally doesn't have grind. Farming for rare drops is what game developers put in for players to have something to do while they get around to releasing new content.

That said, I'd rather see a system to earn gear/armor for pets that increase their powers and abilities or increase their chances of showing up in battles.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
No offense but that was already suggested ages ago.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Fearless Finnagan on Dec 31, 2015 wrote:
I think it would be better if when they add crafting, you could 'upgrade' your companion's stats for gold and reagents. You could unlock a different upgrade every 15 companion levels or so, and the upgrades themselves would be expensive.
That's sort of like the pet mechanism, I thought it would be better through farming so that the gear collected ties in with the companions life story

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
aaronlightwalker on Dec 31, 2015 wrote:
I don't know. I generally blanch at anything that seeks to bring more grind to a game that generally doesn't have grind. Farming for rare drops is what game developers put in for players to have something to do while they get around to releasing new content.

That said, I'd rather see a system to earn gear/armor for pets that increase their powers and abilities or increase their chances of showing up in battles.
Pets are already unique enough, companions need to shine now your opinions good but not everybody's the idea could be great

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Silver Angel on Jan 2, 2016 wrote:
No offense but that was already suggested ages ago.
I haven't seen it suggested and it's not in commonly suggested, so cut me some slack

Ensign
Sep 08, 2015
Yeah! The companion gear would be amazing, since i only level up my compa's only every 5 levels, so it turns really hard when i'm level 39, and they are just 35. So that plus would be awesome. Also, how you get that gear. You have to farm the dungeon of where you met them. Ratbeard? Volcano. Scratch? The forest!(sorry, i forgot the dungeon name, but you all know it). It just gets a bit complicated when your third companion joins in. Maybe there could be a dungeon in the classroom? And for the Kraken Skulls, a door at the end of the room, as a dungeon to farm for your compa's gear. The other ones, like the batacuda or scorpion that witches get, another exeption. It's all up to KI!

Annoying Amber 43851

And can there be a way to get Catbeard? I would love him as a certain class compa.

Petty Officer
Nov 30, 2012
AnonymousTruth1854 on Jan 3, 2016 wrote:
Yeah! The companion gear would be amazing, since i only level up my compa's only every 5 levels, so it turns really hard when i'm level 39, and they are just 35. So that plus would be awesome. Also, how you get that gear. You have to farm the dungeon of where you met them. Ratbeard? Volcano. Scratch? The forest!(sorry, i forgot the dungeon name, but you all know it). It just gets a bit complicated when your third companion joins in. Maybe there could be a dungeon in the classroom? And for the Kraken Skulls, a door at the end of the room, as a dungeon to farm for your compa's gear. The other ones, like the batacuda or scorpion that witches get, another exeption. It's all up to KI!

Annoying Amber 43851

And can there be a way to get Catbeard? I would love him as a certain class compa.
Sorry to spoil it, but Catbeard becomes your companion actually.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
AnonymousTruth1854 on Jan 3, 2016 wrote:

Annoying Amber 43851

It would use areas from promotion (acquire a medallion from guy fox that gives true grit) recruitment (troggy hunters could drop a ring giving a bonus rank of agility) or just anything related to the class (acquire a totem from count brastillo de brass giving return fire)

Now those could be farming opportunities for Bonnie Anne, I think companion gear wouldnt be given to the pet like companions like scorpius and batacuda