Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companion Additions Suggestions

AuthorMessage
First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
I just have a few small suggestions of things to add to certain companions, every companion is of course: EPIC, but these are just a few suggestions I've been thinking could be, maybe, added to some companions.

Bonnie Anne:

Suggestion: Add a knockback effect to her Stock Assault(Power)
Reason: I've found that Bonnie Anne's Stock Assault(Power) isn't exactly one of the most useful attacks since none of her Epic Talents can be triggered and unlike Scatterblast, this power can't attack multiple enemies and reduce each of their stats or unlike Second Wind, it can't heal an ally or herself, I've often found myself barely using Stock Assault and a knockback effect for the power would make it allot more useful for when Bonnie Anne has to deal with close range enemies.

Old Scratch:

Suggestion: Let Old Scratch have both Bone Chant and Cadaver's Chanty
Reason: I don't really understand why Old Scratch's Skeletal Pirate summon is replaced by a Skeletal Corsair, the Skeletal Corsair is great as a ranged fighter but the Skeletal Pirate also has greatness as it can use it's Swashbuckler epics, including given to use on all melee enemies, which are the majority. Overall, both Skeletal Pirates and Skeletal Corsairs are great summons, I don't really see how Old Scratch replaces one with the other when he easily raised multiple dead from the graves when we first fought him and considering that he easily revives dead individuals such as Captain Gunn, it seems kind of strange that he loses his ability to summon one dead ally to summon one new one.

Monkey King:

Suggestion: Doppleganger Summon
Reason: Monkey King is a trickster after all, nothing says trickery and deceit like a doppleganger who he seemed to had ease in summoning, of course these summons would be very nerfed versions of Monkey King himself but it would be really cool to have a companion that can manifest a doppleganger of himself.

All Companions who do not have a choose-able epic:

Suggestion: Why not give companions who have no choose-able epic talents the ability to choose one when reaching a certain level, like level 50 maybe? Maybe even do this to creature companions as they do not have any promotions, of course not creature companions that are obtained late in-game.
Reason: Although I love every companion, not everyone is so keen on feeling the same way about companions they have less availability to enhancing their combat abilities, which is why I think these companions deserve at least one epic if they don't have any promotions below level 50 because even if they get promoted, they still won't be as useful to some, as companions obtained in MooShu and onwards are.

Feel free to add your own suggestions! These are just suggestions, I'm not expecting any or all of them to happen, I just want to share my opinion! Thanks for taking the time to read this!