Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Combat Evolvement Idea...

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
This is an insanely hectic and confusing idea, but after reading the combat evolution thread here from the KI blog (http://kingsisleblog.com/2014/03/06/the-evolution-of-pirate101-combat-part-ii/) I was wondering if we could have all companions attack in one single move.

Right now it is like an interesting gentlemans game, of one unit respecfully moving forward at a time. In a reckless frenzy where everyone attacks, it would be like a real pirate war. So you see el toro swinging in one movement and then after sarah steele backflipping stabbing, and then bonnie doing a close up sniper shot and BAM! You have seen many movies (aka pirates of the carribean, Tin Tin) where the battle is insane!

Ok this idea is insanely tricky to make, but I think I have a vague idea on how to do it. Imagine you have El Toro (Player 1), Sarah Steele (P2) and Bonnie (P3). The battle will play out in 4 scenes:

Scene1:
You see all characters charging in one single framed or panned shot.

Scene 2:
You see player 1 fight the enemy

Scene 3:
You see player 2 fight the enemy

Scene 4:
You see player 3 fight the enemy.

Another idea is too make moves go faster. So right now lets say you melee attack a unit with vengeance strike. The unit takes around 1 second to react. Maybe shorten that too around 1/4 of a second.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
Eh, it will be buggy. What if you want to see the action. I really like to watch the individual attacks because some are just cool and what if you don't see one companion die because you aren't paying attention. I would like to see news during battle. Like, an attack and it will show you how much damage. Like Ratbeard, his spin move is fast and I don't see all the numbers. I want to know his hit points against armored people and others.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Golden Guardian on Mar 8, 2014 wrote:
This is an insanely hectic and confusing idea, but after reading the combat evolution thread here from the KI blog (http://kingsisleblog.com/2014/03/06/the-evolution-of-pirate101-combat-part-ii/) I was wondering if we could have all companions attack in one single move.

Right now it is like an interesting gentlemans game, of one unit respecfully moving forward at a time. In a reckless frenzy where everyone attacks, it would be like a real pirate war. So you see el toro swinging in one movement and then after sarah steele backflipping stabbing, and then bonnie doing a close up sniper shot and BAM! You have seen many movies (aka pirates of the carribean, Tin Tin) where the battle is insane!

Ok this idea is insanely tricky to make, but I think I have a vague idea on how to do it. Imagine you have El Toro (Player 1), Sarah Steele (P2) and Bonnie (P3). The battle will play out in 4 scenes:

Scene1:
You see all characters charging in one single framed or panned shot.

Scene 2:
You see player 1 fight the enemy

Scene 3:
You see player 2 fight the enemy

Scene 4:
You see player 3 fight the enemy.

Another idea is too make moves go faster. So right now lets say you melee attack a unit with vengeance strike. The unit takes around 1 second to react. Maybe shorten that too around 1/4 of a second.
Hmmmm I don't know here. As it is it is a nimble gymnastic feat for me to pull off a screenshot and if things went any faster I would really miss a lot of stuff. Even if I weren't taking pictures I would still miss things. I realize this is mere personal taste. After all I am one of those folk that do not like a three ring circus because I am always missing something if I focus on one act. There is always good stuff going on in the other rings and I paid to see it all and I hated missing all the hard work and training that went into an act to be missed because a flashier act was performing. It forced the other rings to be like the elevator music of acts. I like to really enjoy what I am doing and if it all goes by too fast I'll miss the subtle nuances the artists put into this game. Just my thoughts though.