Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

collecting gold after battle

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Sep 09, 2011
My connection to the internet is via satellite so there is a short lag. After a battle I do not have the chance to collect gold. I start a battle, someone joins and they collect all the chests after. I think there should be a better way to get the rewards than a free for all with a major advantage to players with faster connection speed. Please look into this.

Thank you

Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2009
tdtalon on Oct 14, 2012 wrote:
My connection to the internet is via satellite so there is a short lag. After a battle I do not have the chance to collect gold. I start a battle, someone joins and they collect all the chests after. I think there should be a better way to get the rewards than a free for all with a major advantage to players with faster connection speed. Please look into this.

Thank you
It doesn't work like that. If someone collects all the chests and you just sit there, you get all the treasures too. In fact, in your situation it would be better if someone else collected the chests (since it would ensure that you are getting the treasures instead of the loot time expiring if you are solo).

Administrator
Good news! Everyone gets a share! It doesn't matter who opens up a chest, everyone that was in the battle shares loot from each chest dropped.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
But, after a battle, someone must open the chests to get the Gold and Loot. If no one opens the chests, they disappear along with the Gold and Loot.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I just battled four Cursed Saplines in the Dark Jungle - after the battle there were only two chests. The first yielded NOTHING, the second only 2 gold. This seems a little... low. After the first battle against these guys, I got two chests, but the first had 47 gold and 40 gold - much more reasonable. So why was the second battle so unrewarding?

Administrator
The Helpful Pirate on Oct 16, 2012 wrote:
But, after a battle, someone must open the chests to get the Gold and Loot. If no one opens the chests, they disappear along with the Gold and Loot.
Correct!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
You might want to ask developers to refrain from using the smaller loot chests in flooded areas. They are hard to find when submerged.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Petty Officer
Jan 09, 2010
Twice last night I had the problem with after a battle not been able to move, had to wait for the chests to despawn before I could move. Hopefully, it's just a temporary or very rare problem.