Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Class specific gear

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 19, 2011
I have a witch doctor in the game, and have recieved gear for my school that comes with a card. The problem is that i can only use the card if i use another schools weapon. All schools use a specific ability ( strength, agility, or will ) to best increase the strength of the attacks they perform. So how exactly would it make sense for me to equip a smashy weapon which requires strength or a slashy weapon that requires agility when i am a willpower based class?

I see other classes get to use their own class of weapons to cast witch doctor spells. Why should they be able to use theirs and gain the witch doctor ability while not loosing any power for their own attacks?

I believe this is poor game construction. If a piece of gear is going to be class specific then the card should be usable by the class; without the class having to change the weapon it uses.

Community Leader
swishdawg101 on Nov 11, 2012 wrote:
I have a witch doctor in the game, and have recieved gear for my school that comes with a card. The problem is that i can only use the card if i use another schools weapon. All schools use a specific ability ( strength, agility, or will ) to best increase the strength of the attacks they perform. So how exactly would it make sense for me to equip a smashy weapon which requires strength or a slashy weapon that requires agility when i am a willpower based class?

I see other classes get to use their own class of weapons to cast witch doctor spells. Why should they be able to use theirs and gain the witch doctor ability while not loosing any power for their own attacks?

I believe this is poor game construction. If a piece of gear is going to be class specific then the card should be usable by the class; without the class having to change the weapon it uses.
Ratbeard (I think it was him) addressed this in a previous post. There will be different weapon combinations that will be added into the game (not in there yet) that will make use of these cards and be class specific. He suggested putting them in your bank until then.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Bosun
May 10, 2010
Patience is a virtue my friend. This game is still relatively new and RatBeard did say, in the future, there will be more multi-weapons for all classes.

The only problems I see currently, is some of the critical cards, even if you do have a slashy/shooty weapon, wont work. To me, that is a bug and needs to be fixed!