Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Christmas? Already?! What!?!

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Apr 30, 2011
I had an idea last night for Skull Island's Christmas decorations... the island would be frozen! Covered in snow, the water would be frozen! You can see Snow-figures every-now and then and if you look at the sky, it would be grey and snowing, you will also see a red ship with the Kyns(However you spell it, the prancing deer-like creatures in Mooshu) pulling a red ship, with a huge bag of gifts! And for the crown shop items? You can get the Santa-ship (With the kyns pulling it, instead of sails) with a huge Christmas tree for a Head-figure and the deck would have stacked Pirate-ish gifts! And you'd be able to hear Christmas bells, I've got tons of other ideas, just stick around. Haha!
Jacob

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I like the idea, but the politically correct that run society these days would never let that happen.

See, you can't call it Christmas, because someone might get offended. The best you can do is call it "The Holiday Season".

Doesn't matter that the phrase "Holiday Carols" sounds so fakey as to make you want to gag, you can't call them what they are, because some small minority will somehow get offended.

Ah well...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Max DeGroot on Oct 17, 2013 wrote:
I like the idea, but the politically correct that run society these days would never let that happen.

See, you can't call it Christmas, because someone might get offended. The best you can do is call it "The Holiday Season".

Doesn't matter that the phrase "Holiday Carols" sounds so fakey as to make you want to gag, you can't call them what they are, because some small minority will somehow get offended.

Ah well...
I like your attitude in this but KingsIsle doesn't fall for that silly political correctness dance. They have had Christmas in July and have sold Christmas trees and lights and presents to us for our homes. They are not afraid of the word at all. There is no offence intended at all for other holiday beliefs, Christmas is just one of those that has been around long enough to be entrenched into all societies. I know lots of 'Other' religious friends that still celebrate Christmas just because it's so fun. This is a game and KingsIsle has demonstrated that we are able to just lighten up and have some holiday fun.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Oct 18, 2013 wrote:
I like your attitude in this but KingsIsle doesn't fall for that silly political correctness dance. They have had Christmas in July and have sold Christmas trees and lights and presents to us for our homes. They are not afraid of the word at all. There is no offence intended at all for other holiday beliefs, Christmas is just one of those that has been around long enough to be entrenched into all societies. I know lots of 'Other' religious friends that still celebrate Christmas just because it's so fun. This is a game and KingsIsle has demonstrated that we are able to just lighten up and have some holiday fun.
I agree, and I'm glad for it. So many games have to dance around the term 'Christmas' because 'its' up for debate, but I still say 'it'. My parents still say 'it'. My friends, neighbors, and even people in other countries still say 'it'. So why not KI...

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
Yeah! More Christmas!

You also want to celebrate Channukah? Sure! Do it! Kwanza? No problem! Winter Solstice? Go right ahead!

The more holidays, the merrier!

Just be aware of the size of your audience for them. That's all I ask.