Changing our pirate's appearance

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 07, 2016
3
Well, this has probably been suggested multiple times for both Pirate101 (and Wizard101), but this is truly something I really want to see implemented. As a person who has maxed accounts on both games, I've made some looks on a character that I regret.. a lot. However, I hadn't felt this way when I had first started leveling up the pirate. It wasn't until I was either half-way through the storyline, or already had completed the storyline, before deciding that I didn't like my characters appearance. (Got up to level 70, with crown shop companions/many scripts etc. If I make a new character, I will be forced to delete one, erasing all of the special perks I got for the old one.) Not wanting to restart entirely just to have a different eye color, why not add the option to change it, so that all your work won't have to be redone. Of course, if this were to get added into the game, there would be a crowns cost.. (I, personally, just want the option to change my bob into a ponytail. )
  • Not TOO costly. If wondering "how much would the appearance change cost?" Should it cost as much as a perm mount, or a little more than a pack? I think it should cost around 600-1500, so the price isn't TOO low, but it isn't too expensive either.
  • Located in Skull Island. Thinking about where the appearance change vendor/shop could be placed, I was thinking they could take a cave from Skull island and place a few new NPCs who will offer to 'enhance your pirate's features'. Each NPC will offer different things. One will offer to change your face/eye color, another would offer to change your skin tone, while the last would offer to change your hair style/color.
  • You need to be a certain level. In order to purchase an appearance change, you have to be level 12/15 or above. Why? Because being any level lower, means you still have a chance to remake your pirate completely without loosing as much progress as a level 70 pirate would. Being level 5 and wasting 600 crowns on an appearance change doesn't sound right :P
I understand, the chances of getting something like this implemented in the game are very low :(.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
8421
flamingsarai on Nov 12, 2017 wrote:
Well, this has probably been suggested multiple times for both Pirate101 (and Wizard101), but this is truly something I really want to see implemented. As a person who has maxed accounts on both games, I've made some looks on a character that I regret.. a lot. However, I hadn't felt this way when I had first started leveling up the pirate. It wasn't until I was either half-way through the storyline, or already had completed the storyline, before deciding that I didn't like my characters appearance. (Got up to level 70, with crown shop companions/many scripts etc. If I make a new character, I will be forced to delete one, erasing all of the special perks I got for the old one.) Not wanting to restart entirely just to have a different eye color, why not add the option to change it, so that all your work won't have to be redone. Of course, if this were to get added into the game, there would be a crowns cost.. (I, personally, just want the option to change my bob into a ponytail. )
  • Not TOO costly. If wondering "how much would the appearance change cost?" Should it cost as much as a perm mount, or a little more than a pack? I think it should cost around 600-1500, so the price isn't TOO low, but it isn't too expensive either.
  • Located in Skull Island. Thinking about where the appearance change vendor/shop could be placed, I was thinking they could take a cave from Skull island and place a few new NPCs who will offer to 'enhance your pirate's features'. Each NPC will offer different things. One will offer to change your face/eye color, another would offer to change your skin tone, while the last would offer to change your hair style/color.
  • You need to be a certain level. In order to purchase an appearance change, you have to be level 12/15 or above. Why? Because being any level lower, means you still have a chance to remake your pirate completely without loosing as much progress as a level 70 pirate would. Being level 5 and wasting 600 crowns on an appearance change doesn't sound right :P
I understand, the chances of getting something like this implemented in the game are very low :(.
This is a wonderful idea. May I suggest that a one time change for a moderate amount of crowns would be best? Just as we can change the appearance of our flags, we would change our appearance.
Just one NPC would be necessary for all the changes and just the one payment for the change, however much you want to change.
1. Only one change should be allowed, otherwise players would be changing their appearance every week!
As an example: You want to change your bob to a ponytail, just one payment of 200 crowns will allow this. But what if you want to change expression, eye, skin & hair color as well? Then you can do all of that for 200 crowns; you click the button to change all this when a notice appears "Are you sure you want this change? You will not be able to change this character again!"
2. Certainly a Skull Island location is warranted, maybe a back room in one of the shops? Pearl & Plunder has the space.
3. I don't believe levels should come into this. I agree you have good reasons for this requirement but what if the lower level had bought a bundle for beginning play? The companion, house & ship would not the able to be transferred to the shared bank; and making them wait until they've put in more work on their character seems a little cruel to me.
BTW, it seems that Wizard101 may be getting a Barber Shop for hair changes ( or at least rumors are going around ), so don't give up on this idea!

Ensign
Feb 04, 2015
11
anecorbie on Nov 13, 2017 wrote:
This is a wonderful idea. May I suggest that a one time change for a moderate amount of crowns would be best? Just as we can change the appearance of our flags, we would change our appearance.
Just one NPC would be necessary for all the changes and just the one payment for the change, however much you want to change.
1. Only one change should be allowed, otherwise players would be changing their appearance every week!
As an example: You want to change your bob to a ponytail, just one payment of 200 crowns will allow this. But what if you want to change expression, eye, skin & hair color as well? Then you can do all of that for 200 crowns; you click the button to change all this when a notice appears "Are you sure you want this change? You will not be able to change this character again!"
2. Certainly a Skull Island location is warranted, maybe a back room in one of the shops? Pearl & Plunder has the space.
3. I don't believe levels should come into this. I agree you have good reasons for this requirement but what if the lower level had bought a bundle for beginning play? The companion, house & ship would not the able to be transferred to the shared bank; and making them wait until they've put in more work on their character seems a little cruel to me.
BTW, it seems that Wizard101 may be getting a Barber Shop for hair changes ( or at least rumors are going around ), so don't give up on this idea!
Good ideas, just the only thing i disagree with is just only changing your appearance once. Maybe to fix the issue of people changing their appearance every week, whenever they change their appearance the price for the next time they do it goes up. Another solution could be they can only do it a few times, I just think that only being able to do it once isn't enough.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
8421
DUNKLE0STEUS on Nov 15, 2017 wrote:
Good ideas, just the only thing i disagree with is just only changing your appearance once. Maybe to fix the issue of people changing their appearance every week, whenever they change their appearance the price for the next time they do it goes up. Another solution could be they can only do it a few times, I just think that only being able to do it once isn't enough.
If you make a mistake the first time, you will be more careful the next time; and doubly so, if you're warned your change is permanent.
In the character creation part, we were not warned.