Change Fast Combat

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 02, 2010
22
I just want to suggest changing when fast combat applies to a match. It's really annoying when 3 people in a match have it turned on and one doesn't, and because that one person doesn't have it on those three people have to go through the entire match in normal speed. Can you please change it so it's applied as a majority rules thing? It's annoying when you go into a dungeon like Moo Tower and one person doesn't have it on, and it's even worse when that person is a menu chat and you can't communicate with him/her to turn it on. I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate the change!

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1662
I wouldn't appreciate being bullied into using Fast Combat if I don't want to. There are many of us who simply don't like it. For some, it causes problems on their computers, for others of us, we just prefer normal combat speed.

AND, I don't believe you watch the whole battle at normal speed, only that player's turn. That has been my experience going into a battle with others on Fast Combat when I am not. Then they start complaining that I should turn it on also.


Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9104
PvP King on Mar 31, 2017 wrote:
I just want to suggest changing when fast combat applies to a match. It's really annoying when 3 people in a match have it turned on and one doesn't, and because that one person doesn't have it on those three people have to go through the entire match in normal speed. Can you please change it so it's applied as a majority rules thing? It's annoying when you go into a dungeon like Moo Tower and one person doesn't have it on, and it's even worse when that person is a menu chat and you can't communicate with him/her to turn it on. I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate the change!
Why should it become mandatory? Fast Combat is merely a convenience for players and has nothing to do with how well the game is being played.
As I mentioned in the menu chat thread; Fast Combat causes problems on some computers and is really horrendous on musketeers combat animations.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
330
As stated above, some computers cannot take the speed of some attacks. (Yeah, I'm looking at you cool ranch chicken musketeer. You think your so special that you can fire fifty shots at once, well you're wrong! - mumbles in an angry voice - Stupid frame killing fowl.)

Ensign
Mar 02, 2010
22
Willowydream on Mar 31, 2017 wrote:
I wouldn't appreciate being bullied into using Fast Combat if I don't want to. There are many of us who simply don't like it. For some, it causes problems on their computers, for others of us, we just prefer normal combat speed.

AND, I don't believe you watch the whole battle at normal speed, only that player's turn. That has been my experience going into a battle with others on Fast Combat when I am not. Then they start complaining that I should turn it on also.

Fast combat affects the entire match if one person has it off. Hence why people will get annoyed if you have it off. I also don't see how people wanting to finish extremely long dungeons much quicker is being "bullied." The whole reasoning behind farming is to repeat said instance as many times possible in a window of time to increase your chances of collecting important drops.

Judging by the lack of posts in the Bilge Pump when searching up "Fast Combat," I don't believe that there are many players at all that get "computer problems." If there are, you can simply ask people to turn if off before getting into battle and tell them it causes you issues. I doubt they'd say no.

It's much like the same issues people have with Witchdoctors spamming too many unnecessary summons and making turns take extremely long amounts of time, or people unnecessarily using Galewind doubloons and prolonging the match because it interrupted your attack. It's an inconvenience when the main thing you're worried about is getting a gear set so you can move on in the game.

Ensign
Mar 02, 2010
22
anecorbie on Mar 31, 2017 wrote:
Why should it become mandatory? Fast Combat is merely a convenience for players and has nothing to do with how well the game is being played.
As I mentioned in the menu chat thread; Fast Combat causes problems on some computers and is really horrendous on musketeers combat animations.
Like I said, the lack of posts about fast combat giving computers problems isn't very convincing. The only things I could find were issues with matches getting sped up through cheat engine, which has nothing to do with fast combat itself.

No, it may not change how a match is being played, but it certainly changes how long you're in that match for. Some naturally longer fights such as the fight against Terra-Cottas can be as much as a half hour longer with fast combat turned off. That, to me and many other people, is just annoying when I know I could've spent those 30 minutes doing something else, possibly even fitting in another dungeon run into my agenda.

When farming, I don't go to check out how amazing my musketeer's Super critical animation looks, that I've seen many many times before. When doing a dungeon, speed is key.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1662
PvP King on Apr 1, 2017 wrote:
Fast combat affects the entire match if one person has it off. Hence why people will get annoyed if you have it off. I also don't see how people wanting to finish extremely long dungeons much quicker is being "bullied." The whole reasoning behind farming is to repeat said instance as many times possible in a window of time to increase your chances of collecting important drops.

Judging by the lack of posts in the Bilge Pump when searching up "Fast Combat," I don't believe that there are many players at all that get "computer problems." If there are, you can simply ask people to turn if off before getting into battle and tell them it causes you issues. I doubt they'd say no.

It's much like the same issues people have with Witchdoctors spamming too many unnecessary summons and making turns take extremely long amounts of time, or people unnecessarily using Galewind doubloons and prolonging the match because it interrupted your attack. It's an inconvenience when the main thing you're worried about is getting a gear set so you can move on in the game.
Some of us just aren't speed players. Do we need to apologize for holding you up if we join your team? Should we just pass every turn so that those who "know how to play" can win efficiently? Kingsisle didn't just speed up the game for everyone whether we liked it or not -- No, they made Fast Combat an option.

This attitude is why many of us don't farm the Tower of Moo Manchu or PvP, because for many players we encounter there, it's more about winning quickly and starting another run/match than it is about having a good game where everyone can enjoy it. Players who need the complete the Tower for their quest either cannot find a team that wants them, or are pushed through at speed and they can't enjoy the dialogue or anything because they are afraid of not keeping up with the other who run from floor to floor, skipping chests, etc. because they only want the Nefarious Five or Moo Manchu's drops and don't want to fill up their backpacks.

There is no gear set that is absolutely necessary to move on in the game. People just want what everyone else tells them they need to have.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9104
PvP King on Apr 1, 2017 wrote:
Like I said, the lack of posts about fast combat giving computers problems isn't very convincing. The only things I could find were issues with matches getting sped up through cheat engine, which has nothing to do with fast combat itself.

No, it may not change how a match is being played, but it certainly changes how long you're in that match for. Some naturally longer fights such as the fight against Terra-Cottas can be as much as a half hour longer with fast combat turned off. That, to me and many other people, is just annoying when I know I could've spent those 30 minutes doing something else, possibly even fitting in another dungeon run into my agenda.

When farming, I don't go to check out how amazing my musketeer's Super critical animation looks, that I've seen many many times before. When doing a dungeon, speed is key.
During test realm when Fast Combat was being introduced there were many posts complaining about what Fast Combat was doing on their computers ( those posts were on the test realm thread and disappear when test realm is over ).Because the problem lies with those computers, there's nothing KI can do about it - except allow the player the option to have it turned off.
About "bullying" players to turn on Fast Combat, it is bullying if you demand ( rarely have I seen a player use the words 'please' or even 'if you can' ) them to turn it on without taking into consideration that many players are using different types of computers ( not all of them new ).
"I could've spent those 30 minutes doing something else"
It's your choice to engage in a match, you know it may take time so why complain about the time spent in it?
And I'm not referring to critical animations but to the horrible, jerky way bombs get dropped using Fast Combat.
"Speed is the key"
Just how much slower is non-fast combat compared to fast combat? It's a question of a few seconds.
It is a convenience allowed by KI to those players who choose to use it, not everyone can or wants to use it, that's why KI has the option to turn it off.

Ensign
Mar 02, 2010
22
Willowydream on Apr 2, 2017 wrote:
Some of us just aren't speed players. Do we need to apologize for holding you up if we join your team? Should we just pass every turn so that those who "know how to play" can win efficiently? Kingsisle didn't just speed up the game for everyone whether we liked it or not -- No, they made Fast Combat an option.

This attitude is why many of us don't farm the Tower of Moo Manchu or PvP, because for many players we encounter there, it's more about winning quickly and starting another run/match than it is about having a good game where everyone can enjoy it. Players who need the complete the Tower for their quest either cannot find a team that wants them, or are pushed through at speed and they can't enjoy the dialogue or anything because they are afraid of not keeping up with the other who run from floor to floor, skipping chests, etc. because they only want the Nefarious Five or Moo Manchu's drops and don't want to fill up their backpacks.

There is no gear set that is absolutely necessary to move on in the game. People just want what everyone else tells them they need to have.
If you're incapable of doing something that the rest of your team asks you to do, or if you simply refuse to do it, then yes, the natural response in just about any real life situation is to say "Sorry I can't" or "Sorry I'm not going to."
I understand that some people aren't speed players, but in an environment that involves grinding (Moo Tower is a prime example), you don't exactly go in the 50th time just to hear the Moo Manchu dialogue and enjoy the combat while it lasts, you're going in to do it quickly so you can go in again if you fail to collect your desired equipment. The same rule applies when driving. There's the speed limit, which, if you want to, you can go any speed under to enjoy the scenery, but most people will go at the highest speed allowed or even over that. Why do people go at the highest speed? To get things done and get on with life.
"...it's more about winning quickly and starting another run/match than it is about having a good game where everyone can enjoy it."
So you're implying that because fast combat is turned on you can't enjoy the match anymore?
Also, if you're going into a dungeon for its dialogue, I suggest going with friends that will let you do that. Don't expect to be hitting 'Team Up' and having every random person you meet slow down just for you. The vast majority of the time, these people couldn't care about anybody else in the dungeon and just want their gear.
Some gear sets are absolutely necessary for soloing successfully or to do well in PvP, or even for Scrip farming, or they're just necessary for allowing you to excel in play the style you enjoy. Moo gear is very specific to this (Moo robe, Moo boots, Nefarious weapons, Soul Shroud).

Ensign
Mar 02, 2010
22
anecorbie on Apr 2, 2017 wrote:
During test realm when Fast Combat was being introduced there were many posts complaining about what Fast Combat was doing on their computers ( those posts were on the test realm thread and disappear when test realm is over ).Because the problem lies with those computers, there's nothing KI can do about it - except allow the player the option to have it turned off.
About "bullying" players to turn on Fast Combat, it is bullying if you demand ( rarely have I seen a player use the words 'please' or even 'if you can' ) them to turn it on without taking into consideration that many players are using different types of computers ( not all of them new ).
"I could've spent those 30 minutes doing something else"
It's your choice to engage in a match, you know it may take time so why complain about the time spent in it?
And I'm not referring to critical animations but to the horrible, jerky way bombs get dropped using Fast Combat.
"Speed is the key"
Just how much slower is non-fast combat compared to fast combat? It's a question of a few seconds.
It is a convenience allowed by KI to those players who choose to use it, not everyone can or wants to use it, that's why KI has the option to turn it off.
I was on a hiatus from Pirate101 so I wouldn't know about any complaints during the Test Realm about it. However, I did check the update notes and found out that fast combat only effects yourself and your companions, so this thread is basically moot since I thought it effected the entire match and therefore "majority rules" doesn't apply to that structure.

On the side note, yes, it is my choice to engage in a match, but it isn't my choice to have people drag it on just for them to see their musketeer bombs in full frames. It may take time, but again, there's no need to have it take way more time than it should.

Fast combat, from experience, is significantly faster than normal combat and the difference is huge in longer dungeons. Saving you mere "seconds" per turn will quickly add to many minutes in just a few turns, and even more across 10 whole matches.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9104
PvP King on Apr 2, 2017 wrote:
If you're incapable of doing something that the rest of your team asks you to do, or if you simply refuse to do it, then yes, the natural response in just about any real life situation is to say "Sorry I can't" or "Sorry I'm not going to."
I understand that some people aren't speed players, but in an environment that involves grinding (Moo Tower is a prime example), you don't exactly go in the 50th time just to hear the Moo Manchu dialogue and enjoy the combat while it lasts, you're going in to do it quickly so you can go in again if you fail to collect your desired equipment. The same rule applies when driving. There's the speed limit, which, if you want to, you can go any speed under to enjoy the scenery, but most people will go at the highest speed allowed or even over that. Why do people go at the highest speed? To get things done and get on with life.
"...it's more about winning quickly and starting another run/match than it is about having a good game where everyone can enjoy it."
So you're implying that because fast combat is turned on you can't enjoy the match anymore?
Also, if you're going into a dungeon for its dialogue, I suggest going with friends that will let you do that. Don't expect to be hitting 'Team Up' and having every random person you meet slow down just for you. The vast majority of the time, these people couldn't care about anybody else in the dungeon and just want their gear.
Some gear sets are absolutely necessary for soloing successfully or to do well in PvP, or even for Scrip farming, or they're just necessary for allowing you to excel in play the style you enjoy. Moo gear is very specific to this (Moo robe, Moo boots, Nefarious weapons, Soul Shroud).
NOT a good analogy to game play to use speed limits as an example. You do know what happens to drivers who go over the speed limit?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1662
PvP King on Apr 2, 2017 wrote:
If you're incapable of doing something that the rest of your team asks you to do, or if you simply refuse to do it, then yes, the natural response in just about any real life situation is to say "Sorry I can't" or "Sorry I'm not going to."
I understand that some people aren't speed players, but in an environment that involves grinding (Moo Tower is a prime example), you don't exactly go in the 50th time just to hear the Moo Manchu dialogue and enjoy the combat while it lasts, you're going in to do it quickly so you can go in again if you fail to collect your desired equipment. The same rule applies when driving. There's the speed limit, which, if you want to, you can go any speed under to enjoy the scenery, but most people will go at the highest speed allowed or even over that. Why do people go at the highest speed? To get things done and get on with life.
"...it's more about winning quickly and starting another run/match than it is about having a good game where everyone can enjoy it."
So you're implying that because fast combat is turned on you can't enjoy the match anymore?
Also, if you're going into a dungeon for its dialogue, I suggest going with friends that will let you do that. Don't expect to be hitting 'Team Up' and having every random person you meet slow down just for you. The vast majority of the time, these people couldn't care about anybody else in the dungeon and just want their gear.
Some gear sets are absolutely necessary for soloing successfully or to do well in PvP, or even for Scrip farming, or they're just necessary for allowing you to excel in play the style you enjoy. Moo gear is very specific to this (Moo robe, Moo boots, Nefarious weapons, Soul Shroud).
We're just going to have to agree to disagree here. You think I'm being selfish and I think you're being selfish, and neither one of us wants to change how WE play to please the other. My point is, I wouldn't ask Kingsisle to make you change.


Lieutenant
Aug 15, 2012
160
anecorbie on Mar 31, 2017 wrote:
Why should it become mandatory? Fast Combat is merely a convenience for players and has nothing to do with how well the game is being played.
As I mentioned in the menu chat thread; Fast Combat causes problems on some computers and is really horrendous on musketeers combat animations.
Ahh, so that's why the bombs are a bit weird on my musketeer. Thank you for mentioning this! Though, I wonder if it's a problem that KI needs to fix or it's just simply my computer. It could be both for all I know, but fast combat works well on my other pirates, so...

From my personal experience, I usually like to play solo because most every player are speeding through the game and through the dialogue, when I actually want to hear the story. I'm not saying what people do are necessarily a bad thing, but I just don't want to feel rushed. I especially don't want to feel rushed when it comes to my strategy.

Now that I've actually completed the story a few times, I do skip the dialogue. Though, if I'm ever with someone, I just ask if they want to hear the dialogue. I don't want to rush them, they deserve to enjoy the story too.

I just think that for those who would want to do things more quickly, it would be nice to just simply ask. And that could go both ways. For someone who wants to slow down a bit and catch the dialogue and story, it wouldn't hurt to ask. Unfortunately some may not listen, but there are certainly some friendly pirates who would, I've met a few.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
524
For those who don't have fast combat, what is it like seeing players who do have fast combat on? I need to test this out in game and confirm it for sure, but if someone has fast combat, in their turn won't thier pirate animations be fast for all players- fast combat and non fast combat? Won't your computer lag if someone else is using fast combat even though you are not?

Come to think of it I used to play p101 on a PC that was ok with fast combat. At a time when I did not know about fast combat (and thus did not use it) and all my friends were using it, when my friends used it for those shooty stabby musketeer shots alongside Minotaur speed ups my computer lagged like crazy. Thier pirates and crew moved fast, mine moved slower. But this was a while back so my memory maybe rusty.

If this is the case then it may change the general opinions of the issue. If this is the case then I would reccomend you turning fast combat on as your computer will lag even if others use it and you don't. But I still need to test this case, so brb.

Ensign
Mar 02, 2010
22
anecorbie on Apr 3, 2017 wrote:
NOT a good analogy to game play to use speed limits as an example. You do know what happens to drivers who go over the speed limit?
If your computer can't take sped up frames then it won't be able to take ship battles or crowded realms either, since they demand much more. Generally, unless it overheats, nothing happens to "drivers" (what you call drivers anyway). And most PC's/laptops have adequate fan systems (no matter how old) so a game such as Pirate101 is very unlikely to do any damage to any form of computer unless you're using one from 1960, but if you did, you'd probably have troubles running the internet in general.

At worst, your frame rates may drop until the end of the turn and that isn't exactly what I would call an issue.

If you mean actual computer drivers, absolutely nothing will happen to them since they're not actual hardware, it's simply a set of instructions that tells your computer how to run.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
524
I have done my experiment. My results were as I expected. Slow combat users see fast combat animations from fast combat users. Aka if someone is using fast combat, all members in the team (slow combat and fast combat) will see fast animations respective to that pirate and his crew using fast combat, and likewise fast combat users will see slow animation from team mates who use slow combat (this we already know). In a sense of duration this logically makes sense.

This leads me to repeat some questions:
1.) To all slow combat users complaining of lag when they themselves personally use fast combat, won't the lag also exist when you see other team mates use fast combat and subsequently see their fast combat animations?

And

2.) Assuming the answer to the first question is yes (and I nearly believe it), would it not be better to use fast combat anyway? My hypothesis is that the lag exists whether you use it or not since other team members using fast combat will make your screen lag.

So far from my data gathered (alongside my hypothesis from question 2 which I nearly believe to be true), I personally would have to say if lag exists for you when others use fast combat, you should also use fast combat in a team environment as you will lag anyway with slow combat. However feel free to use slow combat solo.

#Dinoslagtheorem

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
629
sadly for those of us with "ancient" dual core win8 or older computers..

facts: lag happens when encountering ANYBODY else using fast combat..
1) you're more likely to solo/die/recall, than chance losing your dungeon instance credit by having a friend with fast combat port & heal, thus either turning ports off or going hidden.. those with crowns buy henchmen if needed & try to avoid the difficult explanations to their buddies about "why they haven't been seen on pirate101 lately" :/ we are here just having to hide from lag issues
2) this sometimes ends up with our camera zooming us out(especially in ship battling scenarios)to where we are unable to choose our turns & are repeatedly asked if we wish to remain in combat(mostly in regatta and mooshu)
3) cannot help grab chests because are frozen obviously including locked ones ;n;
4) cannot select our companions for next battle nor skip through dialogue(whether we wished to or not) mostly in tower of moo manchu because we are frozen, when we do get to move we see a copy of our pirates still on stairways behind ourselves O.O
5) our only way to communicate an issue is through personal messaging a friend or while in group chat.. anything typed out loud neither shows nor improves(oftentimes gets ya disconnected fully)our lag leads to full crash
6) forced to turn off music in order to not lag as badly or to save ourselves from full crashing, cannot have any other tabs open on computer(no twitter youtube etc nada)

repeating questions & pushing for us to turn it on only makes us feel bullied or less worthy to a team, please understand most of us were excited when it was added thinking it would be great for repeated solo farming of a single instance, then when we realized it was causing our gameplay to feel punishing, we went back to normal play so it was FUN again. Unlike other game companies KI is respectful & welcomingto all. I prefer to spend money on/in their games than regularly update my computer

stormy jen silver

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1662
Golden Guardian on Apr 4, 2017 wrote:
I have done my experiment. My results were as I expected. Slow combat users see fast combat animations from fast combat users. Aka if someone is using fast combat, all members in the team (slow combat and fast combat) will see fast animations respective to that pirate and his crew using fast combat, and likewise fast combat users will see slow animation from team mates who use slow combat (this we already know). In a sense of duration this logically makes sense.

This leads me to repeat some questions:
1.) To all slow combat users complaining of lag when they themselves personally use fast combat, won't the lag also exist when you see other team mates use fast combat and subsequently see their fast combat animations?

And

2.) Assuming the answer to the first question is yes (and I nearly believe it), would it not be better to use fast combat anyway? My hypothesis is that the lag exists whether you use it or not since other team members using fast combat will make your screen lag.

So far from my data gathered (alongside my hypothesis from question 2 which I nearly believe to be true), I personally would have to say if lag exists for you when others use fast combat, you should also use fast combat in a team environment as you will lag anyway with slow combat. However feel free to use slow combat solo.

#Dinoslagtheorem
The topic of the thread was to have Fast Combat automatically override any player-chosen setting. If Fast Combat was the best overall, then why didn't Kingsisle simply speed up the game for everyone anyway, or design it to be that fast from the beginning.

To me, it's an aesthetic issue. I think it detracts from the design of the battle animations. I simply prefer the normal (not slow -- sloths are slow) speed for MY game.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9104
stormyjensilverdra... on Apr 4, 2017 wrote:
sadly for those of us with "ancient" dual core win8 or older computers..

facts: lag happens when encountering ANYBODY else using fast combat..
1) you're more likely to solo/die/recall, than chance losing your dungeon instance credit by having a friend with fast combat port & heal, thus either turning ports off or going hidden.. those with crowns buy henchmen if needed & try to avoid the difficult explanations to their buddies about "why they haven't been seen on pirate101 lately" :/ we are here just having to hide from lag issues
2) this sometimes ends up with our camera zooming us out(especially in ship battling scenarios)to where we are unable to choose our turns & are repeatedly asked if we wish to remain in combat(mostly in regatta and mooshu)
3) cannot help grab chests because are frozen obviously including locked ones ;n;
4) cannot select our companions for next battle nor skip through dialogue(whether we wished to or not) mostly in tower of moo manchu because we are frozen, when we do get to move we see a copy of our pirates still on stairways behind ourselves O.O
5) our only way to communicate an issue is through personal messaging a friend or while in group chat.. anything typed out loud neither shows nor improves(oftentimes gets ya disconnected fully)our lag leads to full crash
6) forced to turn off music in order to not lag as badly or to save ourselves from full crashing, cannot have any other tabs open on computer(no twitter youtube etc nada)

repeating questions & pushing for us to turn it on only makes us feel bullied or less worthy to a team, please understand most of us were excited when it was added thinking it would be great for repeated solo farming of a single instance, then when we realized it was causing our gameplay to feel punishing, we went back to normal play so it was FUN again. Unlike other game companies KI is respectful & welcomingto all. I prefer to spend money on/in their games than regularly update my computer

stormy jen silver
I didn't realize the fast combat situation was THAT bad for players on older computers/laptops. I think I'll now turn off my fast combat in team ups ( but I'll ask first if anyone has issues with FC before turning it on if asked to. )
I usually have it on when I solo.

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
183
stormyjensilverdra... on Apr 4, 2017 wrote:
sadly for those of us with "ancient" dual core win8 or older computers..

facts: lag happens when encountering ANYBODY else using fast combat..
1) you're more likely to solo/die/recall, than chance losing your dungeon instance credit by having a friend with fast combat port & heal, thus either turning ports off or going hidden.. those with crowns buy henchmen if needed & try to avoid the difficult explanations to their buddies about "why they haven't been seen on pirate101 lately" :/ we are here just having to hide from lag issues
2) this sometimes ends up with our camera zooming us out(especially in ship battling scenarios)to where we are unable to choose our turns & are repeatedly asked if we wish to remain in combat(mostly in regatta and mooshu)
3) cannot help grab chests because are frozen obviously including locked ones ;n;
4) cannot select our companions for next battle nor skip through dialogue(whether we wished to or not) mostly in tower of moo manchu because we are frozen, when we do get to move we see a copy of our pirates still on stairways behind ourselves O.O
5) our only way to communicate an issue is through personal messaging a friend or while in group chat.. anything typed out loud neither shows nor improves(oftentimes gets ya disconnected fully)our lag leads to full crash
6) forced to turn off music in order to not lag as badly or to save ourselves from full crashing, cannot have any other tabs open on computer(no twitter youtube etc nada)

repeating questions & pushing for us to turn it on only makes us feel bullied or less worthy to a team, please understand most of us were excited when it was added thinking it would be great for repeated solo farming of a single instance, then when we realized it was causing our gameplay to feel punishing, we went back to normal play so it was FUN again. Unlike other game companies KI is respectful & welcomingto all. I prefer to spend money on/in their games than regularly update my computer

stormy jen silver
AMEN, HALLELUJAH AND PEANUT BUTTER!

In summery of what everyone is saying PVP King, no one else cares for the honestly slight inconvenience you get by having 1 member of a team running the game at standard speed.

There are a multitude of reasons for not running at fast combat, most notably the game crashing every time my musketeer drops a bomb, with all graphics turned to low, particles, clouds and shadows off, sound off and resolution set to 800x600 with as many ba kground tasks disabled as possible, just to appease the one guy in the team that takes issue with not being able to power through the dungeon that he could so easily have soloed himself, or entered with a group of friends set to fast combat before entering.

Buying $1500 computers isn't going to be an option for everyone.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9104
King Crimson on Apr 5, 2017 wrote:
AMEN, HALLELUJAH AND PEANUT BUTTER!

In summery of what everyone is saying PVP King, no one else cares for the honestly slight inconvenience you get by having 1 member of a team running the game at standard speed.

There are a multitude of reasons for not running at fast combat, most notably the game crashing every time my musketeer drops a bomb, with all graphics turned to low, particles, clouds and shadows off, sound off and resolution set to 800x600 with as many ba kground tasks disabled as possible, just to appease the one guy in the team that takes issue with not being able to power through the dungeon that he could so easily have soloed himself, or entered with a group of friends set to fast combat before entering.

Buying $1500 computers isn't going to be an option for everyone.
Maybe players on older computers will be getting some help soon from KI. Remember last month's one day test realm?
KI was testing a new system, I believe, and was seeing if any problems would develop in a crowded realm with a lot of action happening.

Ensign
Mar 02, 2010
22
King Crimson on Apr 5, 2017 wrote:
AMEN, HALLELUJAH AND PEANUT BUTTER!

In summery of what everyone is saying PVP King, no one else cares for the honestly slight inconvenience you get by having 1 member of a team running the game at standard speed.

There are a multitude of reasons for not running at fast combat, most notably the game crashing every time my musketeer drops a bomb, with all graphics turned to low, particles, clouds and shadows off, sound off and resolution set to 800x600 with as many ba kground tasks disabled as possible, just to appease the one guy in the team that takes issue with not being able to power through the dungeon that he could so easily have soloed himself, or entered with a group of friends set to fast combat before entering.

Buying $1500 computers isn't going to be an option for everyone.
Lol, like I said, a misunderstood how fast combat was applied in a match (I thought if all players at the beginning of the match had it turned on, then the entire match would be sped up). With that in mind, the majority rules factor makes no sense because it goes by per player's turn. Which I've already said, hence why I haven't defended my idea since nearly 4 days ago.

You don't need anything close to a $1500 computer to be able to play Pirate101 at max settings. A $600 computer would do just fine. If you look at the system requirements, getting a computer with all said specs is very cheap and affordable.

On the side note, if you do play in fast combat for a while and somebody's turn has it turned off, its slowed down feel resembles astronauts running on the moon.