Can "Team Up" Make a Sound all Players are Found?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 10, 2009
32
A lot of the time when I'm doing a Team Up for the Tower of Moo Manchu I'm tabbed out and doing something else because it can take a while to find everybody sometimes. However it gets annoying how it "cancels" itself when you don't hit confirm in time even though I had no idea it found 4 people as I was tabbed out. It would be a nice quality of life improvement if it made a sound similar to how Wizard101's pvp does it.

Admiral
May 27, 2009
1377
I agree - that would be a good idea, and simply transport all four pirates to the instance - that's how it works in Wizard101. Do we really need to confirm after waiting several minutes to find the team?


Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
8544
Even if you're tabbed out, when a full team appears the team up roster shows up; waiting for the confirmation. I do support some sort of alert being implemented, however.

Admiral
May 27, 2009
1377
From the perspective of the questing pirate:

So I created a baby pirate, and he's running around the Skull Island zone today, trying to complete the ghost rat quests. Twice now, I decided to use Team Up, to see if he could get some group chests, and to give those pirates who are trying for the Team Leader badge a place to team up at.

Two minutes until the first other pirate joins, which starts another two minute wait for more pirates. A third pirate joins at a minute and ten seconds, which restarts the two minute timer again. Another minute passes and the fourth pirate joins - YAY, but no, I Confirm the team up but one by one the other pirates drop out. So my pirate has waited for five minutes and is now barred from another team up for 10 minutes because I have to hit Decline.

Do we really need to reset the timer to two minutes each time a new pirate joins the team? Do we really need a confirmation or can we just all be ported to the dungeons?


Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
8544
Willowydream on Dec 12, 2017 wrote:
From the perspective of the questing pirate:

So I created a baby pirate, and he's running around the Skull Island zone today, trying to complete the ghost rat quests. Twice now, I decided to use Team Up, to see if he could get some group chests, and to give those pirates who are trying for the Team Leader badge a place to team up at.

Two minutes until the first other pirate joins, which starts another two minute wait for more pirates. A third pirate joins at a minute and ten seconds, which restarts the two minute timer again. Another minute passes and the fourth pirate joins - YAY, but no, I Confirm the team up but one by one the other pirates drop out. So my pirate has waited for five minutes and is now barred from another team up for 10 minutes because I have to hit Decline.

Do we really need to reset the timer to two minutes each time a new pirate joins the team? Do we really need a confirmation or can we just all be ported to the dungeons?

I agree that the timer shouldn't re-start after the second player joins, after all, this is intended to give you more time in which to find a full team.
I believe confirmation is necessary because there are times when the original requester was AFK.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1227
Willowydream on Dec 12, 2017 wrote:
I agree - that would be a good idea, and simply transport all four pirates to the instance - that's how it works in Wizard101. Do we really need to confirm after waiting several minutes to find the team?

It could be a bit tough going in, only to find the team went afk. I wish they adjusted the confirm screen. I've been in mid pet training, clicking buttons, only to have the confirm screen pop up mid click, and I hit something accidentally taking me out of the team up. In those cases I would have preferred just being transported to the fight.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013
826
this was by far the most annoying thing when i went to get my halo, id be tabbed out changing my music and reading these ol boards and id miss queue

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
91
Xtreamjason on Dec 11, 2017 wrote:
A lot of the time when I'm doing a Team Up for the Tower of Moo Manchu I'm tabbed out and doing something else because it can take a while to find everybody sometimes. However it gets annoying how it "cancels" itself when you don't hit confirm in time even though I had no idea it found 4 people as I was tabbed out. It would be a nice quality of life improvement if it made a sound similar to how Wizard101's pvp does it.
I totally agree with this and can reason with everything you say. There should definitely be that ringing noise when a team is found or even just a single person joining in.

Gunner's Mate
May 02, 2009
246
I agree completely. The only reason I think it does this is to make sure everyone is actually paying attention to the queue so that they don't suddenly get surprised when they enter the instance. That aside though I do agree that it should function as it does in Wizard101 as well, or at the very least program it so that it automatically opens the game back up when it's time. I understand that that'd be difficult for full screeners out there but at least it's something.

Admiral
May 27, 2009
1377
Calamity Finch on Dec 13, 2017 wrote:
It could be a bit tough going in, only to find the team went afk. I wish they adjusted the confirm screen. I've been in mid pet training, clicking buttons, only to have the confirm screen pop up mid click, and I hit something accidentally taking me out of the team up. In those cases I would have preferred just being transported to the fight.
I'd much rather they be afk and eventually come back to join the battle than just fade away from the confirmation, as is my experience. At least I'd be in the instance with one other pirate and get to give it a try, and not just sit at the Team Up screen waiting for another five plus minutes.


Ensign
Jun 12, 2012
46
When I first tried Team Up I have tabbed out to hear music or watch videos while I waited, knowing that it would take a while to get a full team. I was used to Wizard's alert sound that I thought Pirate would have it too, but when I came back Team Up was gone. At first I thought it was a glitch, but now knowing that Team Up doesn't make a sound kinda makes me worried.

The fact that there isn't some kind of alert for those who would rather do other things while we wait forces us to check on it every few seconds, which doesn't sound appealing. While it is a measure against those who happen to be AFK during waiting, I think it's an unfair punishment to those who waited doing something else in hopes that the team would show up. Sometimes I have nothing better to do. Staring at Pirate for 5 minutes is a sure way to make me avoid Team Up until a sound or a pop-up gets implemented just like on Wizard.

I think that having the players immediately show into the dungeon isn't a good idea. What if you were in the middle of a battle while waiting? I remember in one of the games (can't remember which one) where if you joined the Team Up your health would get reduced to 1 if you accept it during it. There wouldn't be time for them to flee then heal and accept it. It also increases the risk of having the team being AFK because they didn't get the notification of it showing up, which brings back up the previous point.

Team Up is flawed as it is. First Team Up counting when you leave the dungeon rather than completing the quest and now this? Until they make some adjustments I'm going to stay out of Team Up.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
8544
Kit Kat Kit on Dec 19, 2017 wrote:
When I first tried Team Up I have tabbed out to hear music or watch videos while I waited, knowing that it would take a while to get a full team. I was used to Wizard's alert sound that I thought Pirate would have it too, but when I came back Team Up was gone. At first I thought it was a glitch, but now knowing that Team Up doesn't make a sound kinda makes me worried.

The fact that there isn't some kind of alert for those who would rather do other things while we wait forces us to check on it every few seconds, which doesn't sound appealing. While it is a measure against those who happen to be AFK during waiting, I think it's an unfair punishment to those who waited doing something else in hopes that the team would show up. Sometimes I have nothing better to do. Staring at Pirate for 5 minutes is a sure way to make me avoid Team Up until a sound or a pop-up gets implemented just like on Wizard.

I think that having the players immediately show into the dungeon isn't a good idea. What if you were in the middle of a battle while waiting? I remember in one of the games (can't remember which one) where if you joined the Team Up your health would get reduced to 1 if you accept it during it. There wouldn't be time for them to flee then heal and accept it. It also increases the risk of having the team being AFK because they didn't get the notification of it showing up, which brings back up the previous point.

Team Up is flawed as it is. First Team Up counting when you leave the dungeon rather than completing the quest and now this? Until they make some adjustments I'm going to stay out of Team Up.
I don't think it's fair to deny players your help just because of a flaw, but that's your choice, and I do see why you would choose to do that.
Granted, it is boring to wait around for someone to join ( if you're the one asking for help ) or wait for a full team ( in the case of the Tower or the Machine ). But for most team ups the counter begins after one player joins; in W101 this is signaled by a chime and a chime sounds per player that joins, then you're immediately sent into the dungeon.
In P101 a pop up occurs asking for confirmation, if you're on line and in the middle of doing something else; like a battle, you can confirm and be sent from the battle into the dungeon. The game then counts this as a flee situation and you will enter battle with one health.
Usually, when I'm asking for a team up, I visit my houses in turn, see if I can add to the decor & go shopping. Often I'm the one offering help, so my wait is generally not long.
This isn't an argument that adding a signal such is used in W101 is wrong, I'm for such an addition. I'm just replying as to why our ledger acts differently than W101's kiosk.

Bosun
Dec 29, 2012
312
Willowydream on Dec 12, 2017 wrote:
I agree - that would be a good idea, and simply transport all four pirates to the instance - that's how it works in Wizard101. Do we really need to confirm after waiting several minutes to find the team?

I actually find that extra confirmation helpful. It allows me to see if any griefers are potentially about to join my group, so I can leave (opposed to finding out after the fact, then incurring a Team Up penalty).....which is a huge problem in Wizard101 right now.

Admiral
May 27, 2009
1377
Oran from Urz on Dec 20, 2017 wrote:
I actually find that extra confirmation helpful. It allows me to see if any griefers are potentially about to join my group, so I can leave (opposed to finding out after the fact, then incurring a Team Up penalty).....which is a huge problem in Wizard101 right now.
So rather than stay in the group and possibly off-set the activities of the "griefer" you'd leave the group and potentially subject the new pirate to dealing with the "griefer" on their own? Do you keep a list of "known griefers" handy when teaming up?


Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
8544
Willowydream on Dec 22, 2017 wrote:
So rather than stay in the group and possibly off-set the activities of the "griefer" you'd leave the group and potentially subject the new pirate to dealing with the "griefer" on their own? Do you keep a list of "known griefers" handy when teaming up?

Joiner, beware!