Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Brody Vortex of Doom

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 16, 2010
On my lvl 5 Privateer, I went out to fight the sharks attacking Brody in the Vortex of Doom. My companions were attacked before I ever got to pick cards, or see the battle board. The first time I tried this, I was pinned down by sharks and could not get to Brody before he died -- none of my companions were dead and neither was I, yet I ended up back at Jonah Town with 1 life and 2 dead companions. The second time through all 4 of the sharks were on Brody, and he died before I could get any of my companions or myself close enough to attack -- literally the second round Brody was dead, and if he had lived I could have healed him in round 3, but that is all because my companions were too far away to attack anything. Again when I was sent back to Jonah Town, I and my 3 companions were all dead even though nothing had been near us to do any damage. Major bug here!

Ensign
Dec 30, 2011
I can answer for why you got shipped back to Jonah Town when Brody died:

The quest is to protect Brody. If Brody dies, the fight is over, you lose all your health and everyone dies and you get the pleasure of starting all over.

Obviously the other part is for KI.

Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2009
HugsLadyBugs on Oct 12, 2012 wrote:
On my lvl 5 Privateer, I went out to fight the sharks attacking Brody in the Vortex of Doom. My companions were attacked before I ever got to pick cards, or see the battle board. The first time I tried this, I was pinned down by sharks and could not get to Brody before he died -- none of my companions were dead and neither was I, yet I ended up back at Jonah Town with 1 life and 2 dead companions. The second time through all 4 of the sharks were on Brody, and he died before I could get any of my companions or myself close enough to attack -- literally the second round Brody was dead, and if he had lived I could have healed him in round 3, but that is all because my companions were too far away to attack anything. Again when I was sent back to Jonah Town, I and my 3 companions were all dead even though nothing had been near us to do any damage. Major bug here!
I've noted this issue before. This is a major problem if you are joined by other pirates (since the increased sharks all kill Brody before the battleboard even comes up!)

Some tips for overcoming this event:

1.) Try to complete solo

2.) Move ALL your characters as close to Brody as possible on the first turn. Do not attack on the first turn, unless the attack involves moving closer to Brody (this really applies to Muskateers and Witchdoctors). The closer you are to Brody, the less likely the Sharks attack him, but rather you (like Wizard101 there is a threat-based system in Pirate101).

3.) Sometimes it is simply chance and you will need to try more than a couple times. I've noticed sometimes that sharks want to attack Brody and sometimes they just want to go after you. Multiple attempts will increase the chances the sharks prefer you.

Lieutenant
Jan 29, 2010
HugsLadyBugs on Oct 12, 2012 wrote:
Hi Angel,

I remember we had this issue (even worse) back in the early beta. I think KI worked on it, but yes at times this bug still seems to crop up. Maybe KI will take another look at it.