Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Boss chest for hydra please!

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
I noticed the hydra doesn't have a SECOND CHANCE chest, and this seems odd to me, especially considering the amount of time and effort currently needed to bring the beast down in the first place.

*Edited now that I've had sleep

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
King Crimson on Feb 22, 2017 wrote:
I noticed the hydra doesn't have a SECOND CHANCE chest, and this seems odd to me, especially considering the amount of time and effort currently needed to bring the beast down in the first place.

*Edited now that I've had sleep
According to Ratbeard; a boss qualifies for a Second Chance Chest if:
!. He/she/it is the boss at the end of a long dungeon. ( See Gen. Tso's Fortress and Miranda as examples. )
2. Has unique gear dropped only by that boss ( and possibly named after that boss. )
Although the Hydra satisfies requirement #2, it doesn't satisfy #1. When working properly, the Hydra battle is actually fast and short.( 5 rounds at most. )

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Given how buggy the hydra still is, even if it met the necessary standard (it doesn't), can you imagine the grousing that we'd be subjected to as folks not only can't complete the quest (and have to be passed over it by the KI staff) but then miss out on a second chance chest? Yikes!