Boo to the waiting and Mojo Potion downgrade.

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 29, 2011
73
Recently, I had started fighting a group of Monquistans in deckside combat for the story. Then my Internet went down for a few minutes. When I got back on, I had been instantly defeated and was back in St. Bonobo's Alley. I was going, "Dang it! Well, nothing a Mojo Potion won't fix." So I used one. To my dismay, it only healed myself and my ship, not my companions. I hadn't even realized that it didn't work on companions like it used to before the Companion downgrade "update". So now I have to wait about a half-hour for my best companions to get back up. And I can only stay on the computer for an hour at a time. I am reminded of those Facebook games where you only have a certain amount of energy, then must wait until it replenishes before you can keep playing. Thank you, Kingsisle. I thought Mojo Potions were the greatest healing agents in the Spiral. Now, apparently, they aren't. Thanks again for maing me unable to play.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5757
ordeith on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
Recently, I had started fighting a group of Monquistans in deckside combat for the story. Then my Internet went down for a few minutes. When I got back on, I had been instantly defeated and was back in St. Bonobo's Alley. I was going, "Dang it! Well, nothing a Mojo Potion won't fix." So I used one. To my dismay, it only healed myself and my ship, not my companions. I hadn't even realized that it didn't work on companions like it used to before the Companion downgrade "update". So now I have to wait about a half-hour for my best companions to get back up. And I can only stay on the computer for an hour at a time. I am reminded of those Facebook games where you only have a certain amount of energy, then must wait until it replenishes before you can keep playing. Thank you, Kingsisle. I thought Mojo Potions were the greatest healing agents in the Spiral. Now, apparently, they aren't. Thanks again for maing me unable to play.
Well, don't leave the computer when you're in the middle of a battle . With the new Companion management you can now set your crew to gain training tomes or Brawlin' ( get their own experience ) EVEN while wounded!

Ensign
Jun 16, 2014
10
I agree with the mojo potion needing to heal companions, but also another thing here is the insta-defeat if you lose connection.

If I am fighting against 4 grey enemies, have killed three and only have one more left, why do I lose the combat if I lose my internet connection?

Ensign
May 08, 2014
3
ordeith on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
Recently, I had started fighting a group of Monquistans in deckside combat for the story. Then my Internet went down for a few minutes. When I got back on, I had been instantly defeated and was back in St. Bonobo's Alley. I was going, "Dang it! Well, nothing a Mojo Potion won't fix." So I used one. To my dismay, it only healed myself and my ship, not my companions. I hadn't even realized that it didn't work on companions like it used to before the Companion downgrade "update". So now I have to wait about a half-hour for my best companions to get back up. And I can only stay on the computer for an hour at a time. I am reminded of those Facebook games where you only have a certain amount of energy, then must wait until it replenishes before you can keep playing. Thank you, Kingsisle. I thought Mojo Potions were the greatest healing agents in the Spiral. Now, apparently, they aren't. Thanks again for maing me unable to play.
Same here my companions on one of my pirates are all level 50 and it takes them an Hour and a half to regain health so not only does it make the game slow. But games like that lose customers quick, cause when i go in a dungeon and my companions are beaten I have to wait almost 2 hours to try it again or spend a ton of gold to revive them. And I honestly think that it totally ruined the style of the game.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
302
Evileen83 on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
I agree with the mojo potion needing to heal companions, but also another thing here is the insta-defeat if you lose connection.

If I am fighting against 4 grey enemies, have killed three and only have one more left, why do I lose the combat if I lose my internet connection?
You don't always. My buccaneer (Who is long on talents) has been in fights, lost connection, and when I returned, he was wounded, but had won the fight. When you lose connection, the computer calculates the outcome of succeeding rounds with computer enemies getting orders from the AI and you giving no orders. But your epic talents (and those of your companions), still affect the battle. I believe your pet and any other allies still get their orders from the AI, too.

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
302
Ricochety on Jul 23, 2014 wrote:
Same here my companions on one of my pirates are all level 50 and it takes them an Hour and a half to regain health so not only does it make the game slow. But games like that lose customers quick, cause when i go in a dungeon and my companions are beaten I have to wait almost 2 hours to try it again or spend a ton of gold to revive them. And I honestly think that it totally ruined the style of the game.
No, you have plenty of companions at 50th level. Just belay orders on a few of your less favorite companions and do some fights with them. Don't get stuck in the rut of only using the same 3 companions, learn the combat strengths and weaknesses of your whole crew by fighting with them!

Gunner's Mate
Jun 22, 2011
208
At top level, my Hawkules takes about three hours to heal fully. Miracle Mitch is my next option, but with a health 20k gold for one wound, it's just not worth it.