Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Bonnie Anne

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Dec 22, 2009
OK, As Bonnie Anne is one of the main characters that everybody get in p101. So is Is special and is quite a powerful female character. (I know ALOT females are angry about the female companion situation - LO AND BEHOLD, I am a man.) So what I wanna know? Why does she only get 1 power? Scattershot?

She could get a trap ability, or a rain of mortar ability? Or even another musketeer ability? But why only 1?

Angel Xiriga

Ensign
Oct 18, 2012
She is only the second companion you get so they don't want to make her to powerful. You can upgrade her later and get her some things, that helps. I think you can upgrade hr 3 times but I don;t know. Her double tap is like a secial attacpk to. She might only have 1 special attack but she is still really powerful so doesn't need it as much.

Community Leader
Xiriganism on Jan 11, 2013 wrote:
OK, As Bonnie Anne is one of the main characters that everybody get in p101. So is Is special and is quite a powerful female character. (I know ALOT females are angry about the female companion situation - LO AND BEHOLD, I am a man.) So what I wanna know? Why does she only get 1 power? Scattershot?

She could get a trap ability, or a rain of mortar ability? Or even another musketeer ability? But why only 1?

Angel Xiriga
Very few companions get more than 1 ability and in most cases, the 2nd ability isn't worth all that much any way as it will be some sort of utility spell instead of what we wish all of our companions had: a full row of powerful AoE destruction abilities!! I have wished that they would give the companions more buttons to chose from, but wonder if this was done so that there is a clear distinction between crew and captain: captain has pages and pages of abilities but few epics while crew members have many useful epics (the better companions do anyway) and very few direct abilities.

It's all a balancing act and the only time I really mind it being this way is when I run across enemies with high dodge since abilities never miss.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
My highest-level character has hit the current max at level 50, and Bonnie Ann is still one of the most effective crew members that character has. She has always, from the moment she joined up, been one of the three or four most effective crew members, if not always the most effective.

Ensign
Jun 03, 2011
I just noticed today that my Bonnie Anne has a second talent, "second wind". It heals any friend in the battle. Is that a new talent? I haven't promoted her since close to the start of the game, but I did just level her up to 29.

Administrator
iowafoamr on Mar 2, 2013 wrote:
I just noticed today that my Bonnie Anne has a second talent, "second wind". It heals any friend in the battle. Is that a new talent? I haven't promoted her since close to the start of the game, but I did just level her up to 29.
Yes, it is a new talent for Bonnie Anne. From the update notes, "Healing is now available to all players through Bonnie Anne! Bonnie Anne has been given a very nice healing power of her own so that all players have access to healing, regardless of class or background. The amount of healing from Bonnie Anne is affected ONLY by how wounded the target is: More wounded = more healing."

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
As others have already noted, Bonnie Anne was already one of the strongest crew members in the game, more so with her new healing ability. She will have more promotions with new abilities in the future, I am sure - but she doesn't need any additional enhancement at this point.

-Michael

Petty Officer
Feb 24, 2012
Yar angel, i agree, especially considerin' th' female aspect 'o bonnie anne, her low health 'n lack 'o armour makes it tough to keep her alive let alone heal anyone else wit' her new steampower!

enemies seem to target her as well right 'o th' bat, i would argue KI gave that heal steampower fer herself not to help out th' team!

would at least like to see two scatter shots for her!

sneaky misty pace

Lieutenant
Feb 03, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 4, 2013 wrote:
Yes, it is a new talent for Bonnie Anne. From the update notes, "Healing is now available to all players through Bonnie Anne! Bonnie Anne has been given a very nice healing power of her own so that all players have access to healing, regardless of class or background. The amount of healing from Bonnie Anne is affected ONLY by how wounded the target is: More wounded = more healing."
Out of all the main all the main companions we get, why does Bonnie get a heal? I still think it's suited more for El Toro for some random reason Also, why didn't you guys just make it rouse? Why put in a new power that has the same animation?

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I think it's great that Bonnie Anne has this new power.

Since Healing is affected by will, I would think that there should be an increase in her ability to heal as her will goes higher by increasing levels and powers that your character can get from your trainers (I don't remember the spells right now. I do know that it increases the will of all characters that are next to the character casting it).

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
i personally think that bonnie anne is perfect as she is! she already is one of the most powerful!