Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Bladestorm need to be changed

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 19, 2009
Bladestorm and Musketeers power double tap are the same. They accomplish the same task but double tap becomes more superior due to range. I can imagine that later in the game musketeers will get the level 2 version due to difficulty. What make bladestorm superior to double tap seeing that it a signature power.

shouldnt it not be a buff for falling enemies? what have i missed?

Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2009
HuracanViciousSky on Nov 24, 2012 wrote:
Bladestorm and Musketeers power double tap are the same. They accomplish the same task but double tap becomes more superior due to range. I can imagine that later in the game musketeers will get the level 2 version due to difficulty. What make bladestorm superior to double tap seeing that it a signature power.

shouldnt it not be a buff for falling enemies? what have i missed?
They are suppose to be the same, just like how Repel Borders and Overwatch are the same. Should it do something additional? Not really. Having an extra attack (just like Double Tap) is pretty useful in of itself. Does it range as far as Double Tap....no but that doesn't have anything with the ability; Buccaneers are simply not range attackers.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Yep we need X2 and plus were a really good class cause of damage and range and witchdoctors get more companions, and more range and plus if your a Witchdoctor, I would consider Privateer up to all the healing cards, then Musketeer. If ya Musketeer go for Privateer all through healing cards, then Witchdoctor.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
I think Bladestorm is quite fine as it is. You just need to keep your position in mind when you attack. Don't be afraid of moving over a square so that if you do kill your target you will have another enemy to attack.
Also, Bladestorm will trigger if you use an ability to kill the enemy. So save the abilities for the last hit so that you don't miss.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
KiwiChickenz on Nov 26, 2012 wrote:
I think Bladestorm is quite fine as it is. You just need to keep your position in mind when you attack. Don't be afraid of moving over a square so that if you do kill your target you will have another enemy to attack.
Also, Bladestorm will trigger if you use an ability to kill the enemy. So save the abilities for the last hit so that you don't miss.
when my level 50 swashbuckler does only 40 points damage with it against opponents and other normal attacks do 200 the attack is beyond broken

Ensign
Oct 19, 2009
Oran of Urz on Nov 25, 2012 wrote:
They are suppose to be the same, just like how Repel Borders and Overwatch are the same. Should it do something additional? Not really. Having an extra attack (just like Double Tap) is pretty useful in of itself. Does it range as far as Double Tap....no but that doesn't have anything with the ability; Buccaneers are simply not range attackers.
The problem is i dont want a signature that another school can accomplish. A extra attack is only specail if your school has it. Otherwise it makes a waiste of a class. Bladestorm should be attack boosting spell for falling enemies.

It really takes the uniqueness of having a extra attack if everyone can get one too. It like another class having drains or summons or heals? Hmm?

Bosun
May 10, 2010
HuracanViciousSky on Nov 30, 2012 wrote:
The problem is i dont want a signature that another school can accomplish. A extra attack is only specail if your school has it. Otherwise it makes a waiste of a class. Bladestorm should be attack boosting spell for falling enemies.

It really takes the uniqueness of having a extra attack if everyone can get one too. It like another class having drains or summons or heals? Hmm?
ok, then take out practice points, dont allow other schools to have heavy armor, only Buccaneers.

Privateers will only get light armor, swashbucklers will get resistance and musketters and witchdoctors will get nothing.

Get rid of all Musketeer multihits then because those are for witchdoctor.

Only Privateers can get heals.

What you are saying is not practical or realistic. No matter what you think of the game, trust me, each class is very different and unique and not even slightly intruding on another class.

Ensign
Dec 13, 2009
There are PLENTY of unique things to differentiate the classes. Bladestorm just isn't one of them - I think every class has a variation of it (Double Tap, Mojo Echo). What would make you think it is supposed to be a "signature" move? I've seen nothing anywhere suggesting it's a "signature" move - or that any power is a "signature" one for that matter. The differences between classes are not in every single possible power.

If you play a musketeer, you'll find for instance that they cannot move and shoot in the same round (nor can Witchdoctors), whereas all melee classes absolutely can, and a number of melee special powers are also usable when moving and attacking in the same round. That's a pretty significant difference right there, and that's just one example. Privateer has a uniqueness of getting more "free" companions throughout the game than other classes.I have not played Buccaneer far enough into the game yet to tell you what is truly unique about them though. As far as I've played Buccaneer so far, I find it very similar to Privateer, but with more/better attacks.

Also, every class CAN get heals - Rouse and Refresh are available to everyone with practice points through the Privateer trainer. So your example is a bad one. Summons, would be an example of a uniqueness to the Witchdoctor class, so that's a better example, but not every single attack/power a witchdoctor has is unique to them, just as not every power that a Buccaneer gets is unique to them.