Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Black Market inventory requests

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Okay you viscous Squid, listen up! If I'm to part with rare, hard to obtain scrip, you have to provide me with certain desirable goods. I'm a woman of taste and refinement; and no run-of-the-mill duds suit my image.
In other words, I want to dress like a lady! Gowns in silk or velvet, in styles from around the Spiral! And wigs ( not something that makes me look like a hedgehog! ) I hear that in Wizard City there are wigs of many styles and colors. A cephalopod of your stature and reach can surely acquire some.
Heh, just joking. I love the smuggler's clothes, its the first thing I bought with the free scrip I was given. However, it wouldn't hurt to have gowns as part of the BM inventory or wigs ( please? )
Does anyone else have a dream of what can be provided in the BM? Why not make a list here to let KI know what we would like to see!

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Hmm, I would like to see

* Peg leg

* Parrot on shoulder (Totem)

* Monkey Pet

* Weapons like umbrella's and other odd weapons

* Weapons

Ensign
Nov 09, 2014
Yeah, for right now the market seems a bit skimpy in goods ( only one doubloon available and it costs mucho scrip! )
Marleybone tuxes and top hats for the gentleman rake in me!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Nov 23, 2014 wrote:
Okay you viscous Squid, listen up! If I'm to part with rare, hard to obtain scrip, you have to provide me with certain desirable goods. I'm a woman of taste and refinement; and no run-of-the-mill duds suit my image.
In other words, I want to dress like a lady! Gowns in silk or velvet, in styles from around the Spiral! And wigs ( not something that makes me look like a hedgehog! ) I hear that in Wizard City there are wigs of many styles and colors. A cephalopod of your stature and reach can surely acquire some.
Heh, just joking. I love the smuggler's clothes, its the first thing I bought with the free scrip I was given. However, it wouldn't hurt to have gowns as part of the BM inventory or wigs ( please? )
Does anyone else have a dream of what can be provided in the BM? Why not make a list here to let KI know what we would like to see!
Great idea here and I hope they transfer this one to the regular boards when this goes life. Simply brilliant intro too.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I agree that the well-dressed lady pirate doesn't necessarily want to wear the same armor as all of the men around her. I would like to see gowns and boots like the Marleybonians wear.

I would also think that the Black Market would be able to get ahold of some nice headwear like scarves, tiaras and circlets for us to wear.

WE ARE NOT ALL GUYS, YOU GUYS!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I was thinking of the problem of companions in houses/ship's cabins. People want them doing something other than walk around, what, I don't know.
I'm not thrilled with this aspect, but others love it. I did experiment a bit with this, but I rather have all my crew available for battle or tasking. ( Which is beside the point ).
Well what if we could hire ( buy ) servants from the BM? With assigned animations for their task?
As a Cook would be holding a bowl and be stirring it.
A maid sweeping the floor
Or a butler bowing as you enter the house.
What do you think, mates?

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Maybe mounts, more special doubloons and oh!!!!!!!! Special talents and powers would make it worth while, but probs not, although spending Scrip to train doesn't seem like a bad idea... for me at least xd

First Mate
Mar 30, 2011
Oh and companions!!!!!!!!! Or maybe special transformations that can only be bought with Scrip? Similar to Wizard101? I would love to transform into a different animal, even if it's only temporary.

Developer
anecorbie on Nov 24, 2014 wrote:
I was thinking of the problem of companions in houses/ship's cabins. People want them doing something other than walk around, what, I don't know.
I'm not thrilled with this aspect, but others love it. I did experiment a bit with this, but I rather have all my crew available for battle or tasking. ( Which is beside the point ).
Well what if we could hire ( buy ) servants from the BM? With assigned animations for their task?
As a Cook would be holding a bowl and be stirring it.
A maid sweeping the floor
Or a butler bowing as you enter the house.
What do you think, mates?
We don't have anything quite as complicated as what you're asking for (yet) but... have you tried interacting with your companions... kind of like you do with pets?

Developer
Willowydream on Nov 23, 2014 wrote:
I agree that the well-dressed lady pirate doesn't necessarily want to wear the same armor as all of the men around her. I would like to see gowns and boots like the Marleybonians wear.

I would also think that the Black Market would be able to get ahold of some nice headwear like scarves, tiaras and circlets for us to wear.

WE ARE NOT ALL GUYS, YOU GUYS!
Our overall design principle with the Smuggler's outfit was to make it look dark and dangerous.

Every outfit has both a male and female look, but it seems in this case the differences might be too subtle.

We know you're not all guys-- just as we know that some girls also want to look dark and dangerous and not be forced into dresses all the time.

I'll see about getting some more requests in. We'll expand all markets-- crown, scrip, and gold-- with additional accessories as often as we can. You love them, we love them... win-win.

For technical reasons, I'm not sure that we can do tiaras or circlets; but I'll check with the Art lead!

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Hmm, in the future, I think ol' Squid should search out in the Spiral and snag some of the following:

*A mount or two- anything that a smuggler might ride
*Talk a few Companions into putting their services up for sale
*More dabloons!
*More accessories to adore in
*Perhaps a Smuggler's Ship?
*A housing item that rewards you with daily treasures. Perhaps even Scrip (How ironic would that be?)
*A few more pets

That's about all I can think of for now.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ratbeard on Nov 24, 2014 wrote:
We don't have anything quite as complicated as what you're asking for (yet) but... have you tried interacting with your companions... kind of like you do with pets?
Um, how do I enact with them or my pets? I had no idea this was a feature.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
anecorbie on Nov 24, 2014 wrote:
Um, how do I enact with them or my pets? I had no idea this was a feature.
For example: go near your companions and do the dance emote to have a companion dance party.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Mar 02, 2014
Lieutenant
Feb 15, 2014
a parrot on shoulder and peg leg totem all in one

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
seachanty on Nov 23, 2014 wrote:
Yeah, for right now the market seems a bit skimpy in goods ( only one doubloon available and it costs mucho scrip! )
Marleybone tuxes and top hats for the gentleman rake in me!
Welcome Sea Chanty to the message boards!

(Ha! beat you to it Chrissy)

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I want a beard that smokes like black beard's, a prawn pet but animal looking or a clam that flies and chirps like a bird like in spongebob, pearl jewelry for the ladies, a quest for the hope diamond as part of a smuggling thing as it is the ultimate cursed smuggled item, and a bearskin rug for the cabin that would be nice (sorry gizzleheim people)

Virtuous Dante Ramsey