Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

battle lenght!

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
im sure this topic has been posted before but i think its a really important thing to talk about! pirate101 is my favorite game ever but the one thing i dislike is how long we have to wait durring a battle. at the start of the game its no so bad but when we get to cool ranch or moshu the battles seems to last forever, especially when farming. here are some ideas i had to reduce the waiting time:

- remove the slow motion during companions and enemies critical hit exept when we use the critical hit skill

- speed up the speed of walking for companions and enemies on the battlefield

- speed up every time some one gives a regular hit

if you have any other idea to add to this list please let kingsisle know by commenting on this post!

Sunny Sean Silver, privateer lvl 50

Bosun
May 06, 2009
Kingsisle's games aren't relatively fast-paced games so I don't mind the slow-pace of things (I hate that in both games people just wanna bicker over the cause of making things fast). Honestly, how fast or slow one moves has little to do with the length of battle. It comes down to how much damage you can do, how many times you hit, and how quickly you can kill an enemy. As we progress through worlds, enemies' health will continue to grow and they will become more difficult. We may see simple mobs with 4000+ one day (I can see Mobs of El Dorado with like 6000). I think it will come down to if Kingsisle is willing to give Pirates a supplementary stat or school to further boost our damage, accuracy, or critical chances. That way we can quickly defeat mobs without spending rounds only taking them down by 200 damage per Companion and Pirate. But as it stands now I think things are fine. You just need to work in time for long battles into your schedule. Weekends work the best for me.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
Cunning Finnigan S... on Mar 31, 2013 wrote:
Kingsisle's games aren't relatively fast-paced games so I don't mind the slow-pace of things (I hate that in both games people just wanna bicker over the cause of making things fast). Honestly, how fast or slow one moves has little to do with the length of battle. It comes down to how much damage you can do, how many times you hit, and how quickly you can kill an enemy. As we progress through worlds, enemies' health will continue to grow and they will become more difficult. We may see simple mobs with 4000+ one day (I can see Mobs of El Dorado with like 6000). I think it will come down to if Kingsisle is willing to give Pirates a supplementary stat or school to further boost our damage, accuracy, or critical chances. That way we can quickly defeat mobs without spending rounds only taking them down by 200 damage per Companion and Pirate. But as it stands now I think things are fine. You just need to work in time for long battles into your schedule. Weekends work the best for me.
its more about how long you wait for a turn to end, like when you have 4 people joining you and theres like 15 enemies on the field you wait forever for the turn to end. so i think if the moves are faster it will change how long you wait! ... or something!

Gunner's Mate
Sep 29, 2012
how about a potion from the crown shop that speeds up the companions in combat?