Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Backgrounds

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 18, 2013
So this is just a minor cosmetic suggestion, but I feel like it would make a big difference to some players. When you first load up your characters, you are given the "welcome screen" where all of your characters are sitting on a dock. I was thinking, instead of just having the same dock every time you log on, it will be the same dock that your main character is in at the moment. For example, if I logged out of my character when I was questing in Marleybone, when I log back on, the character selection will be changed to a Marleybone themed dock.

This would be the same for when you are looking in your backpack. So, if you were in Aquila, (another example) and you were just changing your armor or weapons, the rectangle on the left with your character would be an Aquilian-themed background, instead of the original sand and plants.

Now thinking this through, some players like the classic "skull island" theme, keeping that pirate-y touch no matter where they are in the spiral...so maybe we can have a button in the setting that says "Auto-World Background, On/Off" or something like that, so they can switch between backgrounds.

Just a thought!

Autumn Moonstone

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Autumn Moonstone on Apr 23, 2017 wrote:
So this is just a minor cosmetic suggestion, but I feel like it would make a big difference to some players. When you first load up your characters, you are given the "welcome screen" where all of your characters are sitting on a dock. I was thinking, instead of just having the same dock every time you log on, it will be the same dock that your main character is in at the moment. For example, if I logged out of my character when I was questing in Marleybone, when I log back on, the character selection will be changed to a Marleybone themed dock.

This would be the same for when you are looking in your backpack. So, if you were in Aquila, (another example) and you were just changing your armor or weapons, the rectangle on the left with your character would be an Aquilian-themed background, instead of the original sand and plants.

Now thinking this through, some players like the classic "skull island" theme, keeping that pirate-y touch no matter where they are in the spiral...so maybe we can have a button in the setting that says "Auto-World Background, On/Off" or something like that, so they can switch between backgrounds.

Just a thought!

Autumn Moonstone
Seems a little complicated, but it's an interesting thought.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
So if your pirates are not all questing in the same world, the entire dock would change when you have a different pirate stand up? Aquella dock becomes Cool Ranch or Mooshu?

Ensign
Jan 18, 2013
Calamity Finch on Apr 26, 2017 wrote:
So if your pirates are not all questing in the same world, the entire dock would change when you have a different pirate stand up? Aquella dock becomes Cool Ranch or Mooshu?
Yeah, basically whatever character you were playing on last, that world will show up in the background.
Maybe if you selected another pirate, the background could change to that character's current world as well. But alas, this might be too complicated.

Admiral
Nov 01, 2013
Autumn Moonstone on Apr 23, 2017 wrote:

Just a thought!

Autumn Moonstone
No, Autumn; it's definitely not too complicated for a fellow complicated thinker's complicated mind to understand! I love your idea and I definitely agree that should be a part of your piratical experience.

- The Dashing Swashbuckler, A.K.A. Helpful Aurora Parker, Level 61 Swashbuckler
- The Reckless Pirate, A.K.A. Brave Kiley, Level 26 Buccaneer
- The Leading Commodore, A.K.A. Nora, Level 12 Privateer
- The Lazy Sharpshooter, A.K.A. Destiny Galway, Level 9 Musketeer

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
For myself, I'm fine with the regular dock. If all my pirates looked the same and wore the same outfits and had identical names, I might like this to see who was where. If they did it, I could see it being tied in to whatever your current life fountain is, but that would be even more complex, with all the life fountains out there. It might be interesting if different docks showed up randomly, like the Boochbeard pictures, or are they not random?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Calamity Finch on Apr 28, 2017 wrote:
For myself, I'm fine with the regular dock. If all my pirates looked the same and wore the same outfits and had identical names, I might like this to see who was where. If they did it, I could see it being tied in to whatever your current life fountain is, but that would be even more complex, with all the life fountains out there. It might be interesting if different docks showed up randomly, like the Boochbeard pictures, or are they not random?
The loading screens seem random, whenever I dual play ( two accounts ) the Boochbeard loading screens are often different.