Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Awards for gaining Rank

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Hey all you pirates. I thought that we should get awards whenever we gain a rank. When you start out on the message boards you get a small housing item. When you gain a rank you get better prizes. For instance Pirate Overlord would either get stuff from the Tribal Crew Pack, training tomes, gear or something cool like that while a second tier poster (Forget what the rank is called.) would get 250 gold and a couch housing item. What do you think? I thought it would be a nice way for KI to give us a nice little reward for posting on these threads.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
Duke of Westminste... on Feb 18, 2014 wrote:
Hey all you pirates. I thought that we should get awards whenever we gain a rank. When you start out on the message boards you get a small housing item. When you gain a rank you get better prizes. For instance Pirate Overlord would either get stuff from the Tribal Crew Pack, training tomes, gear or something cool like that while a second tier poster (Forget what the rank is called.) would get 250 gold and a couch housing item. What do you think? I thought it would be a nice way for KI to give us a nice little reward for posting on these threads.
I disagree with "rewarding" post counts, since in most cases it lowers the quality of the conversations in favor of quantity. Most times I usually skip The Tavern section of the forums entirely, since it has been increasingly populated with posts that meet the "or other topics" designation. If a rewards based system was added, I can guarantee you that the Tavern section will skyrocket with random posts (or at least attempts to bypass moderation) so that players will get free items as you suggested.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Well ideas are always welcome here but I have more than enough reward in the love and giggles I get from my message board family here. Just coming here and reading what you think about things makes my day and gives me incentive to see how else I can spread the blessings. Thank you for the generous thought though.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Although I would never be one to shy away from gifts or awards, I think that this would lead to way too many one line or irrelevant posts. I love the idea but I don't know how it would be implemented without a lot of people just posting for the mere sake of racking up posts in order to inch closer to getting a reward. Plus I can only imagine the chaos and additional work this would create for our already hard working One-Eyed Jack. I can envision tons of "Hi, it's me again" or "I agree" and "I agree again" or even "Yup", "Nope" and "Sure" posts for those seeking their rewards. Jack would surely have his hands full- even more so than now, having to sort through the bombardment of off topic posts.

But, like I said any rewards thrown our way would of course be more than welcome.

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
reward? the gift is being able to do all of this. But whatever, i think the pirate overlord prize should be a very special pirate clothing set

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Don't get me wrong, I appreciate all KI has done, but I was just thinking of the Dueling Diego reward system. Those are just nice simple tokens that aren't Must Get Things. As for people just doing one liners to rack up posts. I never thought of that. (Although people do that a lot already.) It would probably happen more. I guess it would never really work unless KI inspected every post.

Captain
Dec 11, 2010
As much as I would love awards for chatting on here, I feel like the greatest award is actually helping out fellow pirates on here, adding a joke here and there to make a laugh or two. Just helping another person is a reward in itself.

No jokes this time but please enjoy these little emoticons battle it out with swords

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
With all due respect, I would very much prefer not to get awards for ranks on the Message Boards. Not only would awards create the problem Valkoor and Oran point out, of people just stuffing in posts in order to get higher rankings, but it does not appreciate those who speak well, but less frequently. For instance, I always am interested to see what Cunning Finnigan Sharpe or Armorclad Coyote post, just to give a couple of examples of imagination and thoughtfulness at work. Well-considered words are what I like to see, and really, I think we all would wish to be given heed for what we say, rather than how much we say.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Anne Radcliffe on Feb 22, 2014 wrote:
With all due respect, I would very much prefer not to get awards for ranks on the Message Boards. Not only would awards create the problem Valkoor and Oran point out, of people just stuffing in posts in order to get higher rankings, but it does not appreciate those who speak well, but less frequently. For instance, I always am interested to see what Cunning Finnigan Sharpe or Armorclad Coyote post, just to give a couple of examples of imagination and thoughtfulness at work. Well-considered words are what I like to see, and really, I think we all would wish to be given heed for what we say, rather than how much we say.
Very well said and I concur completely. I too look forward to their posts and ones like Angel Xiriga's (Xiriganism) and of lately because I am sure she is busy with school and such Highlander Fox of Avalon. Posts are indeed valuable for what they say, not how many times they can speak. I realize with the amounts of posts I have it looks strange but Anne has a brilliant point and none of us want the problems listed by Valkoor and Oran. These boards are our hearts speaking and receiving the words from others hearts. No prize or bonus can top that.