Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Availabilty of bundles

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Apr 19, 2012
This is very disappointing. First I was unable to find the HooDoo bundle at any of the Walmarts in North Texas. Now I am unable to find the Empire bundle at any of the Game Stops. I was told when I inquired at both retailers that they could not order them and that the cards just showed up whenever they showed up. They were not even able to tell me whether or not they would be getting them in. Is there any other way to purchase these items? Neither of these retailers offer these items online. I would hope that in the future, given the miserable performance of Walmart and Game Stop recently, that all bundles would be available to purchase online directly from the Pirate101 site as well as from these types of stores. It is very frustrating.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Spiral Cowboy on Mar 30, 2014 wrote:
This is very disappointing. First I was unable to find the HooDoo bundle at any of the Walmarts in North Texas. Now I am unable to find the Empire bundle at any of the Game Stops. I was told when I inquired at both retailers that they could not order them and that the cards just showed up whenever they showed up. They were not even able to tell me whether or not they would be getting them in. Is there any other way to purchase these items? Neither of these retailers offer these items online. I would hope that in the future, given the miserable performance of Walmart and Game Stop recently, that all bundles would be available to purchase online directly from the Pirate101 site as well as from these types of stores. It is very frustrating.
I understand the contractual need for exclusivity while someone gets their turn selling KingsIsle products and how they would not want the game itself competing with them. But since there is such a poor record of the vendors not fulfilling the needs of the customers perhaps the new contracts could contain a clause the these vendors must also offer the product on their online stores too. I understand the whole point is to get bodies into their stores so that impulse buys can also be made, but if they cannot provide the carrot to get us there, please insist that they also sell on their online pages so we can at least get to the product we so desperately wish to buy? I know nothing of the mechanics of advertising contracts so I don't really know if I am asking the impossible it just seems logical that if a seller wants to sell us something, then give us a choice.............Please