Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Armor for level 50 ships

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 01, 2010
I would like to see armor influence a ship's hull integrity as a percentage instead of the current flat increase. I personally would like to see more than just marleybone galleons as end-game ships. i know others have said they like other ships' style or look. now because of ships available through bundles like admiral's or cutthroat, we can have a marleybone skiff or pirate frigate as a level 50 ship. however, for those of us who spend extra money to have a ship that looks different, we are at a disadvantage for ship armor. lets compare the level 50 marleybone galleon and level 50 pirate frigate. both start with base 2000 hull integrity. perfect, it would seem they are intended to be the same ship, just a different look. but lets say you buy the healy armor for each from the crown shop. the royal navy armor for the marleybone galleon gives 420 to hull integrity for a total of 2420. however, the heavy armor from the crown shop for the pirate frigate gives 122 for a total of 2122. this is about 300 points in difference. but, if we make armor influence hull integrity as a percentage, we could see a more equal accounting of armor for ships. i currently have a level 50 royal navy skiff from admiral's bundle with heavy armor on one of my guys and i love looking different. i do wish, however, that my ship was the same strength as the oh so common level 50 royal navy galleons with heavy armor.
just my thoughts for how we might diversify the ships we all use at level 50.

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
Frigates are not meant for heavy war unlike Galleons which is why Galleons get the heavier armor. Galleons also cost more to build because they are bigger and fitted more for war where as Frigates cost a bit less but are fitted with more space since they are more transport ships with a touch of light fighter.

KI has followed this method correctly and there shouldn't be a reason to change it even thou this is a game it does make sense to atleast base how ship design worked.

As for looking different from one Galleon to another Galleon there is already ways to do that from recoloring your ship to what type of ship parts you apply to how your flag looks all of these are meant to make one look a bit different from another of the same class.

But i guess they could always add ship stitching.