Another bug. Goat disiple promotion quest

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 18, 2009
7
Ok I started my starter witchdoctor goat companion quest. Came back from the dark ruins with the bananas and talked to the Iron monkey, which put me into the test battle.

Only probelm even though I win the fight the quest don't resolve itself. It's stuck on return with bananas and talk to Iron monkey. This bug also has an unexpected result it also causes the treasure chest in the area to auto respawn. So in a way you could just farm this quick fight for loot and gold but pretty sure that's not what was intended.
But until this issue resolved I can not at this time promote my goat companion due to this bug.

Administrator
Hi! Just wanted to let you know this is a known issue. Here's a thread that has more information on it: click

While we're working on a fix to this particular issue, you may want to try one of the suggestions in the thread to work around the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Jun 05, 2008
14
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 8, 2012 wrote:
Hi! Just wanted to let you know this is a known issue. Here's a thread that has more information on it: click

While we're working on a fix to this particular issue, you may want to try one of the suggestions in the thread to work around the problem. Sorry for the inconvenience.
looking at the thread you referred to begs the question: does this also affect the other starter companions? Subodai's quest for talons has also proven bedeviling in that the talons are not dropping for the Scarekeets at all. Is it intended that the companion in question make the kill? The quest for Ratbeard and Bonnie did not require this.

Administrator
ShadowedHand on Nov 9, 2012 wrote:
looking at the thread you referred to begs the question: does this also affect the other starter companions? Subodai's quest for talons has also proven bedeviling in that the talons are not dropping for the Scarekeets at all. Is it intended that the companion in question make the kill? The quest for Ratbeard and Bonnie did not require this.
To be honest, this is the first time I've heard of Subodai's quest having an issue.

Other players, if you're having success or failure with Subodai's first promotion quest, please chime in!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Petty Officer
Mar 18, 2009
81
One-Eyed Jack on Nov 9, 2012 wrote:
To be honest, this is the first time I've heard of Subodai's quest having an issue.

Other players, if you're having success or failure with Subodai's first promotion quest, please chime in!
I'm not having an issue with Subodai's promotion quest, but the ability quest for the level 25 Privateer ability, "Valor's Armor" is doing the same thing described above. I talked to all the Commodore's former crew mates, defeating the continuous onslaught of the Generale Sapo's men and was given a quest arrow to talk to the crew (Ensign Richie again), but the quest dialog started all over again. And once again....Generale Sapo appeared with the requirement to defeat all enemies (again).

I too also had an issue with Egg Shen's promotion, causing me to defeat the instance twice, instead of once.

Ensign
May 01, 2011
11
When I did the quest I talked to the Iron Monkey after collecting the bananas. After talking to him I was dragged into battle with him then I have to talk to him again this time I get a quest to defeat him. Is this a common bug?

Ensign
Oct 14, 2012
3
yep i was promoting mine when i beat the iron money i had to defeat him AGAIN o. o

Ensign
Jun 05, 2008
14
Today when i was playing before work I did see some promoted Subodai's running around while I was playing my Privateer...so I think I can say it's not a consistant bug...but I didn't even get the "sorry x didn't drop" when I started fighting the Scarakeets on the Tierra skyway...which begs another, maybe minor suggestion to allow the Scarakeets near the gold mine to count towards this quest as well since you typically get Subodai to his 1st promotion while still in that area..it would be better flow in my mind but that's just an opinion.

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
505
Hey this quest was easy for me. After ya get the bananas go back to the Iron Monkey and battle him but make sure Egg Shen does the final blow or else your never going to pass the quest so when he has really low health let Egg Shen kill him.