Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Analysis of the Kane Battle

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
My shipmates, I believe its time for an analysis of the last battle with Kane; I'm covering the pieces with their powers/talents, later I'll share some suggested strategies.
Marines ( chess piece = pawn ) Power - Vicious Charge. Talents - Repel Boarders, First Strike & En Passant/Cheap Shot. Special Talent - Courtly Promotion, when a Marine reaches the back squares he will "Courtly Promote" into an extra Queen. ( And this Queen will have all the powers/talents of the original Queen! )
Rooke ( chess piece = rook/castle ) no power attack, but he's full of talents! Talents - Over Protection/knock back, Vengeance Strike 2, Counter Gambit 2 ( which he uses when he has made a successful attack ) Reflect/Rookechet ( takes no damage from shooty weapons and reflects that damage onto his enemies ) Swift Retribution ( gets a preemptive attack on witchdoctor attacks ) Castle ( any clockwork near Rooke gets an armor buff ).
Deacon ( chess piece = knight ) no power attack, Talents - Over Watch & Burst Fire.
Bishop ( chess piece = bishop ) Has an AoE, Mojo Storm. Talents - Intuition & Witch Hunter. Special - summons mechanical shooting machines.
Queen ( chess piece = queen ) Assassin's Strike, Reinforce ( group heal ) Talent - First Strike 3
KANE ( chess piece = king ) Power - Deadly Frenzy. Talent - King's Castle ( whenever Rooke is damaged, Kane will port near Rooke ) Turn the Tide 3 & Swift Retribution. Special - Kane is Immune to defeat while he has a minion still in play.
If anyone wishes to add to this or if I've made a mistake, please add to or correct this post.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Hey KI! Deacon needs some love! Give him a scattershot and the ability to summon traps. Bishop also needs his leech power! C'mon!

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Great list & details on the enemies in the Kane battle, Esperanza!

That will help a great many players know what to expect when court is in session. I think you've pretty much got most of their talents & Epics covered. Here's a couple things that I noticed about some of the court members, as well. Some are just personal observations, in addition to your great details & some are minor tips.

Marines Also have TtT 3, HtL 3, Blade Storm 3.Their En Passant has a chance to immobilize departing units, if it hits-- it acts as Cheap Shot 3. So, be careful. If it kicks in you just may end up forfeiting that unit's turn. Also, and this is from personal experience (unfortunately)-- Maelstrom, Galewind & Hurricane are great doubloons for this battle. But be careful!!! If you have made it to the opposite side of the board & a Marine is still out there...you just may blow that marine clear across the board & trigger that pain in the keister Courtly Promotion. I've done it and it stinks!

Rooke Also possesses TtT 3, HtL 3, Blade Storm 3, Vengeance Strike 2 and Flanking 2. As Esperanza stated he has Reflect/Rookechet. This will kick in on any Burst Fires from a melee pirate wielding a combo, melee/shooty weapon (providing Burst is granted or trained).

Deacon He also has Double Tap 3 & Return Fire 3.

Bishop He also has Counterspell 2, Retribution 2, Readied Spell 2. Taking him out when you lay down Blood Flames (or prior to), is very important-- especially if he's within AoE range. He will target them with the AoE, thus removing them from the board. His machines all have Epic hits when a unit approaches (kind of like Overwatch). And they are all Epic throughout the entirety of the battle.

Queen Also possesses: Flanking 2, Blade Storm 3, Riposte & Relentless 2

KANE Also has TtT 3, HtL 3, Blade Storm 3, Vengeance Strike 2. Once Rooke goes down he loses his King's Castle, so it becomes a 1-tile hopping game for him.

Most units will go for summons/pets when given a choice.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Aug 24, 2016 wrote:
Great list & details on the enemies in the Kane battle, Esperanza!

That will help a great many players know what to expect when court is in session. I think you've pretty much got most of their talents & Epics covered. Here's a couple things that I noticed about some of the court members, as well. Some are just personal observations, in addition to your great details & some are minor tips.

Marines Also have TtT 3, HtL 3, Blade Storm 3.Their En Passant has a chance to immobilize departing units, if it hits-- it acts as Cheap Shot 3. So, be careful. If it kicks in you just may end up forfeiting that unit's turn. Also, and this is from personal experience (unfortunately)-- Maelstrom, Galewind & Hurricane are great doubloons for this battle. But be careful!!! If you have made it to the opposite side of the board & a Marine is still out there...you just may blow that marine clear across the board & trigger that pain in the keister Courtly Promotion. I've done it and it stinks!

Rooke Also possesses TtT 3, HtL 3, Blade Storm 3, Vengeance Strike 2 and Flanking 2. As Esperanza stated he has Reflect/Rookechet. This will kick in on any Burst Fires from a melee pirate wielding a combo, melee/shooty weapon (providing Burst is granted or trained).

Deacon He also has Double Tap 3 & Return Fire 3.

Bishop He also has Counterspell 2, Retribution 2, Readied Spell 2. Taking him out when you lay down Blood Flames (or prior to), is very important-- especially if he's within AoE range. He will target them with the AoE, thus removing them from the board. His machines all have Epic hits when a unit approaches (kind of like Overwatch). And they are all Epic throughout the entirety of the battle.

Queen Also possesses: Flanking 2, Blade Storm 3, Riposte & Relentless 2

KANE Also has TtT 3, HtL 3, Blade Storm 3, Vengeance Strike 2. Once Rooke goes down he loses his King's Castle, so it becomes a 1-tile hopping game for him.

Most units will go for summons/pets when given a choice.
Thank you for filling in those Powers/Talents I had forgotten - especially Kane's TtT3 which is very important to the advice I'll be giving as to fighting him!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
In quick summation:

-- Don't let those Armada Marines get to the other side of the board! You'll be sorry if you do!

-- Get rid of Queen ASAP - she's a killing machine! - but don't come up to her with an invisibility power on. She'll see right through it, and you've lost that advantage. Use it on someone else instead... like one of those Armada Marine...

-- Kane won't die until you've gotten rid of all the other 'pieces on the board'. Try very hard not to get clustered around him, because he will pummel everyone around him with great glee and merriment and severe devastation. Yep. Been there, done that, got seriously clobbered. (But to such beautiful animation of fight moves! )

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
One other thing to note is that the Marines don't always get the Courtly Promotion upon them reaching the other side. I believe it only happens when they finish a turn in a white tile in the opposite side, starting row. Or maybe it's black. Or maybe it's just as long as it's in the 'opposite side back row (I can't remember but I will take note of it the next time it happens.)

But they can absolutely "overshoot" & end up coming to a halt on the opposite side "outer-rim" (very first battle board row), & they will not promote. Just the same as your pirate can receive a Courtly Promotion for ending a turn in the opposite side, white square (or maybe just back row)-- which gives you like 2,000+ turns with an increased movement buff. Or maybe it's 200+ turns. Either way it's basically unlimited movement range for the remainder of the battle. Getting your pirate to receive the promotion when things go a bit haywire is tremendously helpful when it comes to seeking cover & enough space to buff, heal, shield & let doubloons do their work-- all out of harms way. And your pirate can pass the opposite side back row, & not promote either.
But I do know for fact that the Marines don't always promote when reaching the other side. Occasionally you can use that to your advantage if you can't quite get enough attacking oomph to finish one off. You can attack & set up in such a way where you use other units (both ally and enemy) to kind of funnel them to the outer rim of the board. Of course it's risky to let them get that close & take the chance of them promoting to Queens. And of course they can then move back into that promotion square, in the next turn(s).

But I have created a lane for them to hit that "safe zone" on your side of the board, if I was worried about not being able to finish one. Then on my next turn I make sure to finish the job. I've actually seen them spend 2-3 rounds on my side of the board without promoting, until they actually land in that "qualifying" tile.