Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

An Idea for a Future KI Live: attn OEJ

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ahoy, pirates! I've got an idea for OEJ and an up coming KI Live ( it doesn't have to be soon, just sometime in the future ).
Ye know how our rascally rabbit friend is always putting together a bundle for those whose questions are asked during a KI Live? Up until this moment these bundles have been for Wizard101 exclusively - well, I think its about time we pirates get a cut of that swag!
So I be askin' ye, OEJ ( politely ) if ye could create a special bundle fer us scallywags of Skull Island sometime in the future.
I understand that at the moment we don't have quite the selection of goodies that Wizards have, but I'm sure ye can think o' something!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 10, 2017 wrote:
Ahoy, pirates! I've got an idea for OEJ and an up coming KI Live ( it doesn't have to be soon, just sometime in the future ).
Ye know how our rascally rabbit friend is always putting together a bundle for those whose questions are asked during a KI Live? Up until this moment these bundles have been for Wizard101 exclusively - well, I think its about time we pirates get a cut of that swag!
So I be askin' ye, OEJ ( politely ) if ye could create a special bundle fer us scallywags of Skull Island sometime in the future.
I understand that at the moment we don't have quite the selection of goodies that Wizards have, but I'm sure ye can think o' something!
Excellent idea. I know this might create an issue with Wizzy players that haven't yet come over to the Pirate side of the Spiral so perhaps make two bundles and let the question asker choose

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Apr 11, 2017 wrote:
Excellent idea. I know this might create an issue with Wizzy players that haven't yet come over to the Pirate side of the Spiral so perhaps make two bundles and let the question asker choose
While that would be a good idea, wouldn't be better if a Wizard who doesn't play Pirate101 is encouraged to try it?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
OR a bundle with items for each game? A mount in one, a pet in the other?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Ok, both of you have a point, but why hasn't KI offered a bundle as well to P101 players in the past? There ARE some P101 players who play this game exclusively, who have never played Wizard - don't they deserve a chance at a bundle for them?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
First, I need to say that I respect and love both of you, I've enjoyed reading your posts and have agreed to many of them. And especially you, Chrissy, with your kind nature and welcome to me in the past.
BUT in this instance, I think you've overlooked something important:
That in the past 3 mos. when Tom has announced that he's made a bundle for callers into KI Live, It was exclusively for Wizard101 players: there was NOTHING for a Pirate101 player to receive.
Yet, when I suggested that just once, Tom should design a bundle for P101 players who call in, you two say: "You must include something for Wizard players."
Why should that be so? Aren't you tired of being placed second? Doesn't our money go to the same company? I'm tired of being ignored, as if this game I play doesn't exist.
KI, you have two games, either stop showing favoritism to one or include both in prizes offered in your Live telecasts.

Captain
Sep 19, 2012
first i think this is an excellent idea! and although i love the hybrid-game bundle idea I'm thinking the perfect time to create a Pirate-only crazy one eye jack amazing-ness bundle would be at a grand celebration of pirate101 5th birthday! it should be hyped before-hand and to make it juicier why not add in one "already coded" but hidden in game item? either extremely rare drop like severus snake pet or something kinda expensive like a smuggler's arena gauntlet? add in a few crowns and 2 month member to pirate101? yeppers could be the making of a fun dream bndle experience whether the person winning is a current pirate101 member or not :D seems like a grand prize though listening to me.. super expensive yet thrilling to be sure.. I'd willingly help to buffer the cost if i could.. o hmm what if it added a never-seen before or extremely rare companion code? would need something for flair, something as far as member(2 mo = past cool ranch thus hooked to this game) and ideally a touch of crowns (not much maybe 2000?) for any extra shop splurging..

stormy jen silver

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 12, 2017 wrote:
First, I need to say that I respect and love both of you, I've enjoyed reading your posts and have agreed to many of them. And especially you, Chrissy, with your kind nature and welcome to me in the past.
That in the past 3 mos. when Tom has announced that he's made a bundle for callers into KI Live, It was exclusively for Wizard101 players: there was NOTHING for a Pirate101 player to receive.
Yet, when I suggested that just once, Tom should design a bundle for P101 players who call in, you two say: "You must include something for Wizard players."
Why should that be so? Aren't you tired of being placed second? Doesn't our money go to the same company? I'm tired of being ignored, as if this game I play doesn't exist.
KI, you have two games, either stop showing favoritism to one or include both in prizes offered in your Live telecasts.
I guess it seems understandable that they would cater to the largest of their various member pools when they do a Live broadcast.

You are completely correct, however, that some love must be shown to Pirate101. Being the red-headed stepchild does get frustrating, but what can we do? If 90% of the resources are devoted to Wizard updates, and 90% of the available prizes are Wizard-related, Pirate-only players get forgotten.

My suggestion was intended a mere compromise, and I apologize if it felt dismissive.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Apr 12, 2017 wrote:
I guess it seems understandable that they would cater to the largest of their various member pools when they do a Live broadcast.

You are completely correct, however, that some love must be shown to Pirate101. Being the red-headed stepchild does get frustrating, but what can we do? If 90% of the resources are devoted to Wizard updates, and 90% of the available prizes are Wizard-related, Pirate-only players get forgotten.

My suggestion was intended a mere compromise, and I apologize if it felt dismissive.
No apology necessary, but thanks.
If KI showed a tenth of the love to P101 that W101 gets they would have those numbers up in no time. ( Did you see that yet another pack has been released to Wizards? )
I'm beginning to think finances are dropping off on W101 and this is the only way KI can keep their coffers filled.
I'm becoming very cynical about the way they treat us.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
stormyjensilverdra... on Apr 12, 2017 wrote:
first i think this is an excellent idea! and although i love the hybrid-game bundle idea I'm thinking the perfect time to create a Pirate-only crazy one eye jack amazing-ness bundle would be at a grand celebration of pirate101 5th birthday! it should be hyped before-hand and to make it juicier why not add in one "already coded" but hidden in game item? either extremely rare drop like severus snake pet or something kinda expensive like a smuggler's arena gauntlet? add in a few crowns and 2 month member to pirate101? yeppers could be the making of a fun dream bndle experience whether the person winning is a current pirate101 member or not :D seems like a grand prize though listening to me.. super expensive yet thrilling to be sure.. I'd willingly help to buffer the cost if i could.. o hmm what if it added a never-seen before or extremely rare companion code? would need something for flair, something as far as member(2 mo = past cool ranch thus hooked to this game) and ideally a touch of crowns (not much maybe 2000?) for any extra shop splurging..

stormy jen silver
Remember all the hoop-la going on when Tom & Leah would reveal the concept art for the new level 118 school pets during the KI Live broadcasts? Wouldn't it be nice if they did something similar for us - say reveal the concept art for the new class companions? ( If we ever get that story update, that is...)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
anecorbie on Apr 12, 2017 wrote:
That love and respect goes both ways my dear Anecorbie. I am merely being a realist. As much as we have to deal with being the red headed step child, the fact that most of KI's funds do go towards the firstborn. If Tom made the bundle for Pirate exclusively the uproar would be tremendous from the winners that haven't played Pirate yet or that have and didn't like it. I do NOT mean to lessen the importance of we pirates getting a fair shake. I am just being pragmatic about what our lot is. If we at least had a choice then we get some goodies too instead of having to sit on the sidelines and watch the prizes being given out that we cannot access. If I have to chose sharing over having to politely watch someone else receive and put on a brave face, I will chose the option of having a choice of prizes for us too. Perhaps we can suggest and hope for a KI Live for Pirate's next birthday that will be ONLY for pirates and the prizes reflect that too. After all, birthdays call for a little spoiling, even for the second born.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Apr 13, 2017 wrote:
That love and respect goes both ways my dear Anecorbie. I am merely being a realist. As much as we have to deal with being the red headed step child, the fact that most of KI's funds do go towards the firstborn. If Tom made the bundle for Pirate exclusively the uproar would be tremendous from the winners that haven't played Pirate yet or that have and didn't like it. I do NOT mean to lessen the importance of we pirates getting a fair shake. I am just being pragmatic about what our lot is. If we at least had a choice then we get some goodies too instead of having to sit on the sidelines and watch the prizes being given out that we cannot access. If I have to chose sharing over having to politely watch someone else receive and put on a brave face, I will chose the option of having a choice of prizes for us too. Perhaps we can suggest and hope for a KI Live for Pirate's next birthday that will be ONLY for pirates and the prizes reflect that too. After all, birthdays call for a little spoiling, even for the second born.
If KI just went back to giving Crowns during the Live broadcasts that would be ok. I just feel like wizard is being shoved into our faces.
And you know, red headed stepchildren can sometimes turn into psychopathic killers.