Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Allow WD Spells To Trigger Epic Chains Again

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Mar 31, 2016
If I recall, WD epics used to be triggered from spells. For example, ghostwail could trigger mojo echo. I always wondered why this was fixed so that spells would no longer trigger epics. I do understand that other school powers, such as assassin's strike, vicious charge or sniper shot are based off of weapon power, which is why they still trigger epics, but why shouldn't Witches be able to make use of their epics within range?

Now that witch hunter, an epic that deals damage based on spooky power, can trigger melee epics and lead to epic chains, witchdoctors do need some type of improvement now more than ever. Witchdoctor epics tend to be bottom of the barrel compared to the other ranged and melee epics, considering those epics can be triggered from their school's powers. Why should WD have the unnecessary restriction of only being able to use their epics when they attack with their weapon (which is not intended for WD because of all the spells they get)?

My suggestion is to allow WD powers once again to trigger from WD epics. I think this makes sense because it would create a distinction between WD epics and Musketeer epics, and would help Witches not only in PVE, but also in PVP, especially with the aforementioned change to witch hunter.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
I don't know what you're talking about - my Witch gets chains frequently, sometimes to her detriment ( getting Witch huntered by Bishop, for example ).

Developer
WD powers never have triggered epics, to my knowledge-- unless something slipped through temporarily as a bug.

It would be possible to remove the chaining ability from Witch Doctor.

But is it appropriate?

And is it desired?

Petty Officer
Mar 31, 2016
I specifically remember a time ( I believe it was around 2013) where I was able to cast, say, mournsong, and if I was in range, it had a chance of triggering mojo echo and my other WD epics. I remember it was after the Marleybone/Aquila release, and I remember the battle I was in as well. I believe it was a bug, and it did get fixed later on, but I had always thought that it made sense.

Am I the only one that remembers this?

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2011
Ratbeard on Sep 30, 2016 wrote:
WD powers never have triggered epics, to my knowledge-- unless something slipped through temporarily as a bug.

It would be possible to remove the chaining ability from Witch Doctor.

But is it appropriate?

And is it desired?
Remove chaining? Actually, I think that the opposite is being requested here. I dont remember when, but in the past, we did have epics such as mojo echo trigger after a spell was used, such as reaver, etc. This would happen on spells where the target was in the range of wand attacks.

I think it would be great if witches could have this ability again.

Developer
stormy quentin ver... on Oct 1, 2016 wrote:
Remove chaining? Actually, I think that the opposite is being requested here. I dont remember when, but in the past, we did have epics such as mojo echo trigger after a spell was used, such as reaver, etc. This would happen on spells where the target was in the range of wand attacks.

I think it would be great if witches could have this ability again.
Oops, I said Witch Doctor. I meant Witch Hunter.

I've seen the request in several places to nerf WH so that it won't kick off epic chains.

That's doable. Desirable?

Petty Officer
Mar 31, 2016
Ratbeard on Oct 2, 2016 wrote:

I've seen the request in several places to nerf WH so that it won't kick off epic chains.

I would say at least in PVP, yes.

But what of spells and triggering epics from them with WD epics? Is that doable?

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2011

Yes, definitely desirable

Petty Officer
Jan 03, 2010

Yes! Please!

Ensign
Jul 12, 2016

Yes, we need this please!