Addicted...

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jun 08, 2012
68
I am addicted to companions. So far I have 2 full pages and 1 row filled. Later on today I'm gonna go to the store and get some crowns. I need more companions! The problem I'm having is that when we're level 100 and I have 7+ pages of companions, how will I keep up with their level!?! Today I'm gonna gonna buy all the companions that are on sale. HELP ME! Please?

Gunner's Mate
Apr 09, 2011
261
well this is ecleast a good start, the first step to stoping is admitting you have a problem

Ensign
May 04, 2013
5
Have some issues with companion-purchasing myself, I've bought all the Kraken Skulls, Wagyu Sanguro, Lucy Sterling on 3 Characters, Duck Holliday, Nikeeta, and plan to get some crowns to purchase S.M Arson, and Both Valvidas on sale. And guess on which one of my characters? On my Privateer.
I know I have set myself to doom, but I just love companions.
The best advice I can give you is, if you don't think that companion is gonna help you as much as another companion, either you already purchased or already have, don't buy it. (Learned that with Nikeeta.) Also, if you're not even sure that companion is gonna be helpful in battle, you'll regret buying it.(Also learned the hard way by purchasing Nikeeta. xD)
But oh well, for the training points, some Friar Sand farming every now and then is nice! :D

Petty Officer
Mar 29, 2012
87
That's are allot of companions hahah, I think that you will visit friar sand allot times then , or maybe later in the game a different boss that drops more gold than sandy, you will never know, there is no other option I think, only farming.

Blaze

Developer
Shayden181 on Oct 31, 2013 wrote:
I am addicted to companions. So far I have 2 full pages and 1 row filled. Later on today I'm gonna go to the store and get some crowns. I need more companions! The problem I'm having is that when we're level 100 and I have 7+ pages of companions, how will I keep up with their level!?! Today I'm gonna gonna buy all the companions that are on sale. HELP ME! Please?
The cost of keeping a lot of companions leveled is an issue we've been looking at - we want you to have a deep roster.

Some solutions are in the planning stage, and will hopefully come to fruition soon.

Petty Officer
Jun 08, 2012
68
Blaze Carter on Nov 1, 2013 wrote:
That's are allot of companions hahah, I think that you will visit friar sand allot times then , or maybe later in the game a different boss that drops more gold than sandy, you will never know, there is no other option I think, only farming.

Blaze
Yeah, sometime this month I'm gonna be on my 4th page, I bought two companions last time, and I'm gonna buy two-three today. My first page of companions are 5 levels under me, and my 2-3 pages are 10.

Petty Officer
Jun 08, 2012
68
Jade West on Nov 1, 2013 wrote:
Have some issues with companion-purchasing myself, I've bought all the Kraken Skulls, Wagyu Sanguro, Lucy Sterling on 3 Characters, Duck Holliday, Nikeeta, and plan to get some crowns to purchase S.M Arson, and Both Valvidas on sale. And guess on which one of my characters? On my Privateer.
I know I have set myself to doom, but I just love companions.
The best advice I can give you is, if you don't think that companion is gonna help you as much as another companion, either you already purchased or already have, don't buy it. (Learned that with Nikeeta.) Also, if you're not even sure that companion is gonna be helpful in battle, you'll regret buying it.(Also learned the hard way by purchasing Nikeeta. xD)
But oh well, for the training points, some Friar Sand farming every now and then is nice! :D
The Valvidas and S.M Arson are all great. I bought them two days ago, I got Fin Dorsal and Doctor Noh last night. Today I'm getting Goronado and Eep Opp Ork Ah-Ah, maybe Oingo Boingo too.

A lot of people say that they hate to get companions because of leveling them. I don't care if I have to send a whole 24 hours farming to get the gold to keep them up with me. I also wonder why people hate Nurse Quinn, she isn't bad to me. Maybe because I'm a Privateer and I use the accuracy and dodge buffs. Every/any companion is welcomed to join our crew.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
Blind Mew on Nov 1, 2013 wrote:
The cost of keeping a lot of companions leveled is an issue we've been looking at - we want you to have a deep roster.

Some solutions are in the planning stage, and will hopefully come to fruition soon.
Oh yea, oh yea x Does major happy dance with a few swashish back flips thrown in. x