Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Add Ostrich eggs to the Pet Egg vendor, please!

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I like how I got the Ostrich pet as a quest reward for "Silly Pet Tricks", but I just don't feel like giving up my pet to morph with other pets that make hybrids, so I kindly ask of you to please add the Ostrich egg to the pet egg vendors in Bestia so that everyone can feel more comfortable trying out morphing with other pets for other pet hybrid possibilities when they're buying that pet after the quest is completed.

Thanks for listening!

Lieutenant
Jun 10, 2013
Hi there!

What do you mean *giving up*? When you morph, you never lose a pet-----you always gain an extra. The original pet(s) you use to morph will still be in your backpack along with a new egg.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
You don't give up your pet when you Morph. You get an egg in addition to keeping the pet you morphed with.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Trimond297 on Jul 5, 2014 wrote:
I like how I got the Ostrich pet as a quest reward for "Silly Pet Tricks", but I just don't feel like giving up my pet to morph with other pets that make hybrids, so I kindly ask of you to please add the Ostrich egg to the pet egg vendors in Bestia so that everyone can feel more comfortable trying out morphing with other pets for other pet hybrid possibilities when they're buying that pet after the quest is completed.

Thanks for listening!
Giving up your pet to morph? It sounds like you think you lose the parents getting an egg. The parent pets stay in your backpack just fine. You will gain a new baby pet and your pet stable will increase. No pet is put out of circulation by morphing timers. The only thing that is limited is that if your pet is in active training, you cannot put it in the shared bank until their task is finished. Otherwise, your Ostrich is just fine.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
You do know you don't lose your original ostrich, right? So go ahead and morph away. But if you want pure not-blue ostrich you'll either have to hand over one of your other pirates' ostrich to the pirate doing the morphing (you get it back, don't worry, and you don't lose your energy points the way you do in W101) for a bit, or find someone who is willing to breed ostrich to ostrich so you both get a new ostrich.

Ensign
Feb 02, 2013
I think that they should sell ostrich eggs too. For now, we just have to create new characters to do the quest with to get more eggs.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Willowydream on Jul 5, 2014 wrote:
You don't give up your pet when you Morph. You get an egg in addition to keeping the pet you morphed with.
Oh! I got a little misconceived that by placing one of your pets into the Morphing Tent, your pets would be gone but the new pet would be in place. Sorry, all. I didn't know. Maybe someone should have been a little more elaborate on pet morphing results. I know One-Eyed Jack would have. Thanks all for clearing that up for me.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jul 5, 2014 wrote:
Giving up your pet to morph? It sounds like you think you lose the parents getting an egg. The parent pets stay in your backpack just fine. You will gain a new baby pet and your pet stable will increase. No pet is put out of circulation by morphing timers. The only thing that is limited is that if your pet is in active training, you cannot put it in the shared bank until their task is finished. Otherwise, your Ostrich is just fine.
No, not like that. How sad. More like I would lose a small friend, but, if you say I won't give up my pet through morphing, then that's a relief.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jul 5, 2014 wrote:
You do know you don't lose your original ostrich, right? So go ahead and morph away. But if you want pure not-blue ostrich you'll either have to hand over one of your other pirates' ostrich to the pirate doing the morphing (you get it back, don't worry, and you don't lose your energy points the way you do in W101) for a bit, or find someone who is willing to breed ostrich to ostrich so you both get a new ostrich.
Oh! Ok. I get it. I had some concerns about my pets, but now I feel much relieved.

Admiral
May 30, 2010
jerran123169 on Jul 6, 2014 wrote:
I think that they should sell ostrich eggs too. For now, we just have to create new characters to do the quest with to get more eggs.
Actually, if you don't mind them being blue, you can morph an ostrich with anything and will almost always get another (blue) ostrich, at least in my experience. Very rarely do I get something different, and it is almost always another of one or the other parent.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
I would never give away the original pet away,but I am willing to give away any excesses pet that they produce or let them roam around outside my deed. The Ostrich that is given to your pirate as a gift, in that quest is a special one. I highly recommend you keep it because, that's a one chance deal.In other words,if your character " accidentally " sell it to a vendor, it's good bye pink ostrich at least what i have heard.