Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Add more echo reverbs to quests

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ahoy!

Listen, I do enjoy the addition of the echo reverbs in quests to bring out the proper cave, hall, sewer, or even temple ambiance in many voiceovers to select quests, but I think there should be more added, even if there are some inside settings that are different from others, yet they still require different echo reverbs in voiceovers, & there are some ghost NPCs that do have their voiceover echoes, just thought the echo reverbs in caves would be a bit more stronger, providing an appropriate mixture of them... & there may be some ghost NPCs that may need their echoes in their voiceovers in these mentioned quests.

Here's a list of some quests I can think of adding more echo reverbs to the voiceovers lines, which I won't give out detail, due to character limits...

"The Floating Dutchman"
"Claws for Alarm"
"A Fishy Business"
"Run the Prawntlet"
"Mission Improbable" (interior of Beachhead's Main Battery's Engineering needs the strong metallic steel hall echo reverbs to suit the ambiance in there)
"Pyramid Schemes"
"A Felon's Employment"
"Off the Hook!"
"Tomb of Traitors"
"Scorpion Marks the Spot"
"To Track a Traitor!"
"Shrimp on the Barbie"
"Treason's Greetings!"
"A Pirate Most Fowl"
"The Thresher Connection"
"Inverse Law of Ninjas"
"Ring, my Belle"
"Gordon's Fishermen"
"Taking a Dive"
"Boar to the Core"
"Captain Gunn's Test"
"Roost Stop"
"Her Majesty's Secret Service"
"True Love Triumphs?"
"The Pirate that Time Forgot"
"Out of Time's Abyss"
"A Debt Repaid"
"To Jonah Town"
"A Dragon and his Gold..."
"Go Go Stormzilla!"
"Bronco Busting"
"Into the Skull Cave"
"Shock and Paw"
"Leverage"
"That Dirty Rat!"
"Monkey Barred"
"That Darn Cat!"
"With Catlike Tread"
"Crab Bag"
"Flight of the Penguin"
"Sharks in the Water"
"A Debt Repaid"
"Love Labors Won"
"An Archaic Curiosity"
"The Temple of Toloc"
"The Tomb of Kow Cheng"
"Rock the Catspaw"
"Saving Mustang Sally"
"Monster Squad"
"Save our Scurvy Dogs!"
"Them Rats of Nim"
"Stop Those Monsters!"
"Brass Monkey"
"One Good Favor..."
"...Leads to Another"
"Inevitable Betrayal"
"The Heart of Darkness"
"That was Yesterday"
"Showdown!"
"Oh, That Map..."
"There Goes the Bride"
"The Lair of Captain Blood"
"Captain Blood's Treasure"
"Monkey Business"
"Journey Into Shadow"
"Rite of Passage"
"Ghost Town"
"A Glimpse of Hattori"

Well, these are the quests that need echo reverbs right now. I wish I could speak of more to add, but, character limits, again... & my mind is a bit exhausted from thinking of so many more.

Anyway, I hope they get added soon. That's very easy to do, right?

Thanks again for listening!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Well, these quests in my list have many voiceovers that don't have their echo reverbs to select locales, like the sewers, temples, halls, even the inside of mechanical fortresses, & even some ghost characters' voiceovers don't have their strong ghostly echoing reverbs to suit the ambiance, even to certain locales, like cave locales in worlds.

It's evidential once hearing many quests in Book 13 & 14 having echo reverbs to the voiceovers to better suit & create the cave, temple, sewer, & so on, ambiances in select locales where appropriate, like before.

KI, I know you can add them, even through updates, big or small, I would like these echo reverbs added to these quests.

If I, or other Pirates, find more quests that lack any, we'll let you know.

Oh, there's also another quest that needs echo reverbs to voiceovers from inside Beachhead, "The Guns of Marleybone". Almost forgot that.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
To let you know, many quests mentioned in my list are side quests, main story quests & companion promotion quests. I really enjoyed the echo reverbs that were added in Book 13's & Book 14's quests, so I feel previous quests should have them, too.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
How do you remember all of those quests!?

Also that's a lot of work and I'm not sure it will be added at books 12 and below

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Feb 21, 2016 wrote:
How do you remember all of those quests!?

Also that's a lot of work and I'm not sure it will be added at books 12 and below
Takes some remembering of quests' names, & those are only about some dozens. There are more. I know. Just didn't have enough space to cram them in. They added the reverbs to Book 13's & 14's quests since they were launched, as we remember, & it only took them a few months to do it. I'm sure more may be added from time to time, instead of cramming it all in one update. Surely, those quests in Books 13 & 14 should not be limited to having echo reverbs alone, & I know there's more new quests later on.

Plus, it gives KI's sound team some work on these while updates are made.

There's also one more quest from Book 13 that didn't have echo reverbs added, the one quest that started Book 13, "That Darn Cat!". Heard it myself, I did.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Trimond297 on Feb 22, 2016 wrote:
Takes some remembering of quests' names, & those are only about some dozens. There are more. I know. Just didn't have enough space to cram them in. They added the reverbs to Book 13's & 14's quests since they were launched, as we remember, & it only took them a few months to do it. I'm sure more may be added from time to time, instead of cramming it all in one update. Surely, those quests in Books 13 & 14 should not be limited to having echo reverbs alone, & I know there's more new quests later on.

Plus, it gives KI's sound team some work on these while updates are made.

There's also one more quest from Book 13 that didn't have echo reverbs added, the one quest that started Book 13, "That Darn Cat!". Heard it myself, I did.
If it takes the time you said I would love for them to add this in, great to have your posts always Trimond

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Feb 23, 2016 wrote:
If it takes the time you said I would love for them to add this in, great to have your posts always Trimond
You're welcome.

There's also another quest that needs echo reverbs. It's "Gunn's Gold", because when we meet Captain Gunn after Old Scratch used his spell to have us talk to him Gunn's voiceover lines in that quest have no echo reverbs.