Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

About Phule's voice and personality...

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I enjoyed seeing Phule in Bruno Chapel and Fort Elena, but I have a few thoughts about him.

Phule's personality is supposedly heavily influenced on the "good cop/bad cop" traits, and it got me thinking, with Phule's personality changing at every moment as he speaks, his first "good cop" personality reflects those of a jester of sorts, happy, joyful, and somewhat oblivious and foolish, but quite quick to catch on. In a flash, this changes. His second "bad cop" personality reflects those of a soulless tyrant, menacing, bitter, and truly cold on those who see him as a threat, delivers warnings and/or threats, and always on to anyone's plans. Phule's voiceovers, as of currently, well... doesn't heavily reflect those traits, just only slightly. I ask of you to revise Phule's voiceovers in the game so the voiceovers will heavily reflect the "good cop/bad cop" personality changes to Phule.

Thanks for listening!

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I would respectfully disagree -- I think Phule's voice fits perfectly well with his character (which admittedly, is something of an enigma). While he certainly may portray the good cop/bad cop -- and my rather naïve and ever hopeful Anne thinks he perhaps he has a sympathetic side, at least enough to make her dangerously curious -- I doubt that the 'good' side is truly good. While his words on his 'dark side' are implacable threats, his speeches on his 'white side' are not truly happy and carefree, but either a rather unnerving curiosity or amusement laced with malice. Malice against whom? Kane and his Court? Against us? I think 'yes', to both... though the malice towards us is more apparent when he changes his mind... er, face. But Phule's voice actor certainly conveys this unsettling combination of cold menace vs malicious enjoyment... neither of which is very nice, don't you think? And in Port Regal, the voice actor at one point makes the white side sound even kindly, enhancing the puzzle. Phule is more frightening because you don't know what to expect of him, as opposed to say, Rooke, whom you know wants to smash you into a dust mote! (Of course, the prospect of being smashed into a dust mote is certainly alarming as well...)
Virtuous Anne Radcliffe