Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Abandoning Quests

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
Recently, my quest log has been getting rather full. I remember on my old wizard101 account having pages and pages of quests I forgot or did not end up having to do, and they just took up too much space and it was a hassle to look for my specific needed quest. Could we please have the option to abandon Side quests?
Also, on a main quest, could you guys possibly make a little symbol that it is indeed your most recent main quest to the story arch? All of them can get confusing. Thanks!

Ruthless Anthony
Level 12 Buccaneer

Petty Officer
Feb 10, 2011
Ruthless Anthony on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
Recently, my quest log has been getting rather full. I remember on my old wizard101 account having pages and pages of quests I forgot or did not end up having to do, and they just took up too much space and it was a hassle to look for my specific needed quest. Could we please have the option to abandon Side quests?
Also, on a main quest, could you guys possibly make a little symbol that it is indeed your most recent main quest to the story arch? All of them can get confusing. Thanks!

Ruthless Anthony
Level 12 Buccaneer
I second this!

Just a little icon to tell if it's a Main story quest or side quest. Shouldn't really mess up the graphic design.

And an option to abandon a quest. Maybe a little check box or something you have to access through the Game play Options area so it wouldn't be accidental?

Ensign
Dec 08, 2012
Absolutely agree!

The ability to abandon a quest is pretty standard feature for other MMOs and a lot of games in general. I would definitely would like to see this feature added -- not only would it help clean-up a player's cluttered quest log, but it's also nice in case you change your mind and decide you don't want to do a particular quest at that time. While I personally am fine with doing pretty much every quest I come across, I know fellow players who wouldn't mind skipping or dropping quests that either don't interest them, or they've completed previously, etc.

Make it a little 'x' or some icon the quest box itself, along with a confirmation prompt so you can't drop it by mistake.

I also like the suggestion of adding an icon or some other indicator to differentiate which quests are part of the 'main story' quest-line and which are just side quest chains that are limited to particular location or zone.

Finally, adding additional filters would also be handy; the option to sort all you quests in your log according to various criteria. For example: sort all quests according to location/zone, sort all quests according to type (e.g land-based vs. ship based) sort according to reward (e.g. XP, gold, etc.), sort according to level/difficulty, and so on and so forth. Good practical information to help players better organize their playtime and compare quests.