Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A world idea in the works... Meow.

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
May 14, 2010
Hello hello hello! Today I have some fresh battacuda sushi, straight from Mooshu. Tasty!

So I finally have an idea for a new world... Catalan!

The world of Catalan is a wild mashup of all my favorite places and myths, but it is inhabited by cats! The land and skyways are based on costal Maine islands, and the capital is tucked in the Catamount range, based on Acadia National Park. The capital is called Ragnor, it is a busting medival metropelis (Oh, man! My spelling is bad...) on the edge of a glimmering lake, with glowing lanterns everywhere. It is inhabited by snow leopards, jaguars, mountain lions, tigers, and lions. It's usually a serene, peaceful place, with farmers, nobles, wanderers, and duelists wandering all over, but something bad is brewing...

A curse has fallen over Catalan, plunging it into and endless twilight. Books are being burned, townsfolk are going missing every day, and the Spirit-Callers can do nothing. The people are turning against themselves, and fights are regularly developing in the streets. Betrayl (Oof. My spelling is worse then I thought.) is coming from within. A chunk of the population has gone mad, and are serving a dark masked man.... (Need I tell you his name?) Kane.

When the PC comes to Catalan, they are faced with the dark purpose of stopping who the cats call 'The Corruptor', and saving the insane felines. But Kane has a trick up his sleeve. Another clockwork, known only as 'Knight' has come to destroy pirates. He is a huge black shadow; he looks like the father of all Battle Angels.

I will update this in the future with skyways, place names, and suchlike, but for now, I'll just leave you with this boss monster idea:

Name: Scourge

Species: Lion

Pirate Species: Rouge Lion

Class:

Description: Scourge is huge, dissheveled, and ugly, with dirty matted fur, crooked teeth, and tatoos on his shoulders. He has a massive (and I mean MASSIVE) axe that he uses to crush little pirates, and wears a headdress that is a skull of some sort, with fur trailing down into a cape. (For those of you who saw Epic, his cape looks like Mandrake's) If, however unlikely, you do defeat him, you score him as your companion, but cleaned up a bit.

Meow!

-O.R

Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Ihateseagulls on Aug 21, 2013 wrote:
Hello hello hello! Today I have some fresh battacuda sushi, straight from Mooshu. Tasty!

The world of Catalan is a wild mashup of all my favorite places and myths, but it is inhabited by cats! The land and skyways are based on costal Maine islands, and the capital is tucked in the Catamount range, based on Acadia National Park. The capital is called Ragnor, it is a busting medival metropelis (Oh, man! My spelling is bad...) on the edge of a glimmering lake, with glowing lanterns everywhere. It is inhabited by snow leopards, jaguars, mountain lions, tigers, and lions. It's usually a serene, peaceful place, with farmers, nobles, wanderers, and duelists wandering all over, but something bad is brewing...

A curse has fallen over Catalan, plunging it into and endless twilight. Books are being burned, townsfolk are going missing every day, and the Spirit-Callers can do nothing. The people are turning against themselves, and fights are regularly developing in the streets. Betrayl (Oof. My spelling is worse then I thought.) is coming from within. A chunk of the population has gone mad, and are serving a dark masked man.... (Need I tell you his name?) Kane.

When the PC comes to Catalan, they are faced with the dark purpose of stopping who the cats call 'The Corruptor', and saving the insane felines. But Kane has a trick up his sleeve. Another clockwork, known only as 'Knight' has come to destroy pirates. He is a huge black shadow; he looks like the father of all Battle Angels.

I will update this in the future with skyways, place names, and suchlike, but for now, I'll just leave you with this boss monster idea:

Class:

Description: Scourge is huge, dissheveled, and ugly, with dirty matted fur, crooked teeth, and tatoos on his shoulders. He has a massive (and I mean MASSIVE) axe that he uses to crush little pirates, and wears a headdress that is a skull of some sort, with fur trailing down into a cape. (For those of you who saw Epic, his cape looks like Mandrake's) If, however unlikely, you do defeat him, you score him as your companion, but cleaned up a bit.

Meow!

-O.R
Wow, Olivia! That sounds like a really neat and well thought out world! I'd love to go to Catalan (even though I'm a dog person, not a cat person...) and I like the idea of 'Knight', it seemed inevitable that there would be a clockwork called Knight. Hehehe, my favorite chess piece turned against me... I'm getting the chills...

Lieutenant
May 21, 2009
This sounds very fascinating, but it sounds like a mash-up of a current Wizard world, Avalon, and Zafaria, also only a Wizard world. Catalan could, in theory, be a skyway, but the problem is that Blind Mew explicitly stated there is a good chance Avalon does not have Stormgates.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Oooh Sushi I haven't had any sushi in about two years. x Takes one and savors and sighs with the deliciousness of it x Oh it's really fresh and the rice is perfect. Thank you. x Loads up a plate and sits down to chat.
I like your idea, I love cats and they can do the most acrobatic stuff. The criticals can be really fun with this and our cat mounts will fit in nicely. You have a good imagination, keep it up.

First Mate
Dec 12, 2011

Class:

Meow!

-O.R
I love this idea! My, I never cared for a "world" idea this much since I've seen The Highlander Fox's idea for a world called Carnival, lol.

Petty Officer
May 14, 2010
Wow! They noticed me! YAY! Olivia starts jumping up and down with excitement, then stuffs a piece of sushi in her mouth to calm down.

Lizzy, I am glad you think Knight is scary. (please don't take that the wrong way!) No, seriously. I want him to scare you. And everybody. I think that you will only ever see shadows of him, he'll look kinda like Rooke with wings. And a horse head. (think unicorn-armada cyborg. Oh no! I'm scaring myself!Gotta go hide under a table!)

Captainflint, what if we DID go to Avalon, but it was like a reverse Avernus! You would get there via portal, and there would never be a stormgate or skway involved! (Maybe you'd go there to get the windstone to Catalan...hmmm.)

Chrissy, I must say, eat all the sushi you want. It makes me so sad to hear about somebody who hasn't had sushi in two years. (And Kobe Yojimbo is an exelent chef. Those swords go through fish like CRAZY!) I think acrobatics would be sweet for critical animations! In my opinion, KI is kinda slacking on the cool attacks, but I'm not in Aquila yet! What about a cat doing a triple flip or something like dat...

Belle, I'm so happy I got your interest! It makes me feel all warm an fuzzy!

Now then. On to my final topic. I think we should pick up a lot (and I mean a LOT) of companions in Catalan. I, as a big cat lover, feel that the game needs more cat companions for everybody. (Sorry, guys, but Catbeard ain't cuttin' it.) I think that if anybody has any ideas, all are welcome.

I gotta go get Kobe to make more sushi!

Ta-ta!

Olivia, who is now officially A) having a sugar rush, and B), level 55!

Lieutenant
May 21, 2009
Ihateseagulls on Aug 22, 2013 wrote:
Wow! They noticed me! YAY! Olivia starts jumping up and down with excitement, then stuffs a piece of sushi in her mouth to calm down.

Lizzy, I am glad you think Knight is scary. (please don't take that the wrong way!) No, seriously. I want him to scare you. And everybody. I think that you will only ever see shadows of him, he'll look kinda like Rooke with wings. And a horse head. (think unicorn-armada cyborg. Oh no! I'm scaring myself!Gotta go hide under a table!)

Captainflint, what if we DID go to Avalon, but it was like a reverse Avernus! You would get there via portal, and there would never be a stormgate or skway involved! (Maybe you'd go there to get the windstone to Catalan...hmmm.)

Chrissy, I must say, eat all the sushi you want. It makes me so sad to hear about somebody who hasn't had sushi in two years. (And Kobe Yojimbo is an exelent chef. Those swords go through fish like CRAZY!) I think acrobatics would be sweet for critical animations! In my opinion, KI is kinda slacking on the cool attacks, but I'm not in Aquila yet! What about a cat doing a triple flip or something like dat...

Belle, I'm so happy I got your interest! It makes me feel all warm an fuzzy!

Now then. On to my final topic. I think we should pick up a lot (and I mean a LOT) of companions in Catalan. I, as a big cat lover, feel that the game needs more cat companions for everybody. (Sorry, guys, but Catbeard ain't cuttin' it.) I think that if anybody has any ideas, all are welcome.

I gotta go get Kobe to make more sushi!

Ta-ta!

Olivia, who is now officially A) having a sugar rush, and B), level 55!
Well, visiting Avalon would be a very nice thing, and us pirates have survived in high-fantasy worlds before, like Aquila, but who knows. Marco Pollo's map pieces could have ended up ANYWHERE.... . As a reverse Avernus (which I recall is a part of Dragonspyre)...perhaps. Who knows? Visiting Avalon (and Catalan by extension) could be in the cards. And it doesn't even have to be a storyline world, it could just be a side story thing once the El Dorado and Armada Arc is done! There's still the issue of how to get there...I'm sure simply having a random portal wouldn't suffice....perhaps if there was a SINGLE, never-before-used-in-the-history-of-the-Spiral-and-Avalon-itself Stormgate compared to NO Stormgates at all? Very interesting quest fodder....

Ratbeard: *Hits Captain at the back of the head* Cap'n, what are ye talking about going to Avalon? We got piratin' to do!
Me: But Ratbeard....
Subodai: He is right, Captain. *Drags captain away to do pirating*.

Er....HELP!!!

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012

Class:

Meow!

-O.R
Another fan of cats huh? I'm guessing you freaked out when you got Catbeard? Can't blame ye. I'm more of a bird fan, but since KI already made one (thanks by the way), I suppose a medieval cat realm would be awesome because I love cats! I mean, who doesn't?

Fair Ashley Holystone

Petty Officer
May 14, 2010
Wow, I'm so happy that people like my world idea! I agree, Star Owl. Catbeard is great and all, but he's just not.... Catlike enough to my tastes. (of course I'm sitting here stoking a big ginger cat that I barely know, but still...)

So I had a skyway idea, and it goes something like this:

Catla Skyway

Color scheme: Mostly pale gray, like clouds just before a storm

Time: Twilight, the world has been plunged into a perpetual evening by Knight's Second Moon, I'll get to that later...

Monsters: Nasty looking black battacuda, some evil lobster, and vicious minnows. (Don't ask)

Ships: Insane cat ships, they look like Norse longships, but all black.

Attaches to: Catamount Pass, Corrupted Island, Birch Groves, Catla Island

Description: Catla is the major skway of Catalan, and it allows you to witness full-scale what Knight did to the world. The Armada has made a satellite, a gigantic fortress they call Leviathan. It could dwarf Beachhead like an eagle to a sparrow. It's so big, in fact, that it is like a moon, which is exactly what Kane wants. Leviathan is floating eerily in the sky, like a second moon. (think Death Star) It has set the world off balance, throwing the world into endless twilight, and corrupting cats. (Knight actually does that with evil radio signals.)

Hope you like it!

-

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Maybe you should consider to make the skyway a little ... brighter? I mean, when you wrote that the ships are black, the sky also, black battacuda...
You know, you need to think how did all of Catlan looked like before the Armada arrived. Ihateseagulls, you made the world like there is no hope there anymore (No offense, I'm just helping). Just look in Marleybone, it's a war there, but the sky is filled with stars, showing that they can still win this...sorry, but I'm an artist. I'm used to seeing the background differently and more ''widely''.

Fair Ashley Holystone

Petty Officer
May 14, 2010
Star owl on Aug 24, 2013 wrote:
Maybe you should consider to make the skyway a little ... brighter? I mean, when you wrote that the ships are black, the sky also, black battacuda...
You know, you need to think how did all of Catlan looked like before the Armada arrived. Ihateseagulls, you made the world like there is no hope there anymore (No offense, I'm just helping). Just look in Marleybone, it's a war there, but the sky is filled with stars, showing that they can still win this...sorry, but I'm an artist. I'm used to seeing the background differently and more ''widely''.

Fair Ashley Holystone
Well, I kind of want there to be no hope in that skyway....But there are other, nicer ones.

But thanks for constructive criticism!

-O.R (Lvl 58! Woohoo! And I'm in Aquila now!)

Lieutenant
May 21, 2009
This idea gets better and better by the post! If ye don't mind, I have an idea of how to get there via quest! (And if you don't mind, I'm going to operate under the assumption Catalan is part of Avalon simply because of the similarity, sorry!). Tell me what you guys think!

Quest: A New Gate?
Governor Stanley: Captain, I was wondering whether you could do Marleybone a favor. It's a matter of...unique opportunity, so to speak, and you can know all the details at the Isle of Dogs, in Westminster Skyway. Once there, visit Professor Challenger - he'll fill you in on the rest.

Goal: Speak to Professor Challenger on the Isle of Dogs

Professor Challenger: Captain, good to see you again. I have news that may interest you - we've discovered an unused Stormgate! It's an amazing find, you must understand, but we have an issue. Our expedition ship has been looted by the darn Cat smugglers. With the Royal Navy busy with the War, we need someone to hunt down their ships and recover a Copper windstone.

Goal: Recover Copper Windstone from Cat Smugglers
Old Scratch (upon recovering Windstone): This windstone, it shines with power I an' I have never seen. Let us go to da dog professor, 'im help us with this windstone.
Professor Challenger: Marvelous, simply marvelous! You can come with us, you know. Bottle your ship and hop aboard the Plutonia quick as you can. Once in Catalan, be prepared. You don't know what's out there...

Goal: Use Unused Stormgate
Professor Challenger (once you get to Catalan): Why...what a dark world...is that...?
Gracie Conrad: Clockworks. They must have gotten themselves a Copper windstone as well. And...I think that other Stormgate may lead to Valencia!
Ratbeard: We'll never be rid of these clockwork devils, will we Captain? Is that...a second moon?!
Gracie Conrad: More than a moon...it's an Armada station, situated near this world's bubble! It's Beachhead all over again!
Professor Challenger: Oh this is not good, not good at all....

Petty Officer
May 14, 2010
CaptainFlint193 on Sep 8, 2013 wrote:
This idea gets better and better by the post! If ye don't mind, I have an idea of how to get there via quest! (And if you don't mind, I'm going to operate under the assumption Catalan is part of Avalon simply because of the similarity, sorry!). Tell me what you guys think!

Quest: A New Gate?
Governor Stanley: Captain, I was wondering whether you could do Marleybone a favor. It's a matter of...unique opportunity, so to speak, and you can know all the details at the Isle of Dogs, in Westminster Skyway. Once there, visit Professor Challenger - he'll fill you in on the rest.

Goal: Speak to Professor Challenger on the Isle of Dogs

Professor Challenger: Captain, good to see you again. I have news that may interest you - we've discovered an unused Stormgate! It's an amazing find, you must understand, but we have an issue. Our expedition ship has been looted by the darn Cat smugglers. With the Royal Navy busy with the War, we need someone to hunt down their ships and recover a Copper windstone.

Goal: Recover Copper Windstone from Cat Smugglers
Old Scratch (upon recovering Windstone): This windstone, it shines with power I an' I have never seen. Let us go to da dog professor, 'im help us with this windstone.
Professor Challenger: Marvelous, simply marvelous! You can come with us, you know. Bottle your ship and hop aboard the Plutonia quick as you can. Once in Catalan, be prepared. You don't know what's out there...

Goal: Use Unused Stormgate
Professor Challenger (once you get to Catalan): Why...what a dark world...is that...?
Gracie Conrad: Clockworks. They must have gotten themselves a Copper windstone as well. And...I think that other Stormgate may lead to Valencia!
Ratbeard: We'll never be rid of these clockwork devils, will we Captain? Is that...a second moon?!
Gracie Conrad: More than a moon...it's an Armada station, situated near this world's bubble! It's Beachhead all over again!
Professor Challenger: Oh this is not good, not good at all....
I have one thing to say to you, Captainflint: You are amazing. This sounds like an exelent way to start the whole Catalan questline, and I have another one right here:

Quest: The Cat Went Over The Mountain

Catbeard: Meow meow meow, what a dismal place. Let’s head towards that light, shall we? I smell fish.

Ratbeard: Shut up, Cap’n Kitty! We’re not followin’ your nose.

Bonnie: Both of you! Be quiet! Captain, I agree with Catbeard. It look like there’s civilization over there.

New goal: dock at Catamount Pass

Old Scratch: I an’ I sense a very odd magic in ‘dis place, oh my Captain.

When you get to the middle of the Catamount path, you are confronted by cat officers and their commander.

(Just lettin’ you know, the commander is a black-and-white cat, and she’s wearing a red and black uniform with several chevrons on the shoulders. She has a pair of looong broadswords on her belt, and the officers look pretty much the same, except they have little muskets.)

Cat commander: You will state your buisness here and comply with orders, or you will be taken by force!

You proceed to fight the commander and officers

Cat commander: I surrender! Young one, you fight with the strength of ten cats. Let us fight the Corrupter together!

Recruit companion: Lucy Nichols - Cat Commander Here are her stats:

Lvl 71

Class:

Epic Abilities: First strike, Repel boarders, Relentless rank 3, Riposite

Description: Lucy will become a large speaking role in Catalan, guiding you around, much the same way the Mooshu Five lead you around Mooshu.

Thanks for listening!

‘Later!

-O.R

Lieutenant
May 21, 2009
Ihateseagulls on Sep 9, 2013 wrote:
I have one thing to say to you, Captainflint: You are amazing. This sounds like an exelent way to start the whole Catalan questline, and I have another one right here:

Quest: The Cat Went Over The Mountain

Catbeard: Meow meow meow, what a dismal place. Let’s head towards that light, shall we? I smell fish.

Ratbeard: Shut up, Cap’n Kitty! We’re not followin’ your nose.

Bonnie: Both of you! Be quiet! Captain, I agree with Catbeard. It look like there’s civilization over there.

New goal: dock at Catamount Pass

Old Scratch: I an’ I sense a very odd magic in ‘dis place, oh my Captain.

When you get to the middle of the Catamount path, you are confronted by cat officers and their commander.

(Just lettin’ you know, the commander is a black-and-white cat, and she’s wearing a red and black uniform with several chevrons on the shoulders. She has a pair of looong broadswords on her belt, and the officers look pretty much the same, except they have little muskets.)

Cat commander: You will state your buisness here and comply with orders, or you will be taken by force!

You proceed to fight the commander and officers

Cat commander: I surrender! Young one, you fight with the strength of ten cats. Let us fight the Corrupter together!

Recruit companion: Lucy Nichols - Cat Commander Here are her stats:

Lvl 71

Class:

Epic Abilities: First strike, Repel boarders, Relentless rank 3, Riposite

Description: Lucy will become a large speaking role in Catalan, guiding you around, much the same way the Mooshu Five lead you around Mooshu.

Thanks for listening!

‘Later!

-O.R
Why thank ye, Ms O.R.. Now to continue this quest line...
Quest: Tail of the Corrupter
Hawkules: Do any of you cats mind explaining what is going on? Corrupter? Is he a giant monster? Oh, I'm Hawkules, by the way. Did I mentioned I was the son of Zeus?

El Toro: Only a THOUSAND times. But yes, Commander Nichols, what is this place?

Lucy Nichols: Welcome to the land of Catalan, oh strange...minotaur?

El Toro: MINOTAUR?! Not this again...

Lucy Nichols: I apologize. But allow me to tell you the tale of this world and the darkness that infests it...
Puppet Show: The Corrupter
Lucy Nichols: Many moons ago, Catalan was once a peaceful, bright land filled with catkind. This skyway was a home and a safe haven. That is, until, someone came through the gate. Men of metal and gears, they riled up the Black Cat Necromancers and unleashed their dark god, Purrrrrrr.

INTERRUPTION
Bonnie Anne: Purrrrr?

Lucy Nichols: Yes, Purrrrr. The dark god unleashed darkness unto Catalan, and the metal men placed a second moon close to the edge of the world. There is one among them who is...different. He speaks in many tones, and he is called 'the Knight' by his men, but we call him the Corrupter. He soiled this land, along with another one he came with, a bird-beaked being. They were seeking something, an ancient device known as the Felina Catalanicum. It is a holder of dark magic, and if he opens the Catalanicum, this world is lost. All worlds are lost. The entire Spiral will be lost.
END OF PUPPET SHOW

Ratbeard: Captain, what kind of mess have ye gotten us into?
Professor Challenger: No, it's my fault young captain. Professor Nickelmass will have to run the Spiral Geographic Society back home, my place is here to right the wrong of sending you to this place.

REWARD: Professor Challenger Lvl. 71 Dog Professor

Monkey King: I say we get out of here quick as we can.
Bonnie Anne: Are you joking?! We have to help these poor cats, and the Armada is here! Didn't you hear what this Commander Nichols said? There's an elite here, a new one at that! And the bird-beak?
Catbeard: Bishop.
Dead Mike: Why can't we ever just not run into the Armada? If Bishop is here, the rest of the court, especially Kane, shouldn't be far behind.
Subodai: And neither should the Armada's pieces of Marco Pollo's Map. If we stop them here, we may be able to take another lead in the race to El Dorado.
Sarah Steele: So what should we do?
Old Scratch: We should try and stop this dark god, the cat commander mentioned. If de god gets out, El Dorado be no more.
Lucy Nichols: Excellent. There's only one problem...the Black Cat Necromancers have a key on all of them. And they're all bound my black magic.
Old Scratch: Not to worry, let I an' I trample dis dark mojo ye speak of.

Goal: Defeat Black Cat Necromancers and Obtain Keys (0 of 6)

Old Scratch: We have the keys, now let's find dis god and put 'im to rest.

Petty Officer
May 14, 2010
I just had a thought. I need people with NPC/companion ideas to add 'em here! I can't do this without help! (I love all you on the message boards.)

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
Okayyy... now this is getting interesting

Petty Officer
May 14, 2010
Man, this just keeps getting better!

New quest: A New Hope?

Lucy: Captain, we should take you to the Emperor. He may want to utilize your fighting ability.

Ratbeard: Har, this is Marlybone all over! Next thing you know, we'll be headin' fer th' moon!

Bonnie: Shut up, you git! You were saying, lass?

Lucy: The rodent is right. We will be destroying a moon. The second moon.

Ratbeard: I never meant-

Lucy: Yes, well. As I was saying, we need to see the Emperor, if just to get you a travel pass to go beyond here. Come, let us go to the capital.

New goal: travel to city

When you get to the city outskirts, it is overrun with creepy looking lizards.

Villager: Help us!

New goal: talk to villagers

Villager: Ah, help at last. Commander, you and your friends need to help us find shelter. The necromancers called the dragon of death last night!

More to come!

-O.R

Petty Officer
May 14, 2010
New quest: Dragon!

Villager: The dragon of death is a vicious beast, sworn to kill and pillage every village it finds. It was unleashed by the Necromancers yesterday! We will never survive without your help!

New goal: Defeat Kahn

(Kahn looks like the Fire Drake spell in W101, but all black, with glowing blue eyes, tattered wings, and wicked sharp teeth.

Old Scratch: (Upon entering the Dragon Cave) Der be an evil mojo about dis place, captain my captain.

Kahn (Aka Dragon of Death) GRRRR.

Bonnie Anne: He's a slippery one, isn't he? Well, he's not our problem any more.

Kahn: Little one, I am impressed. You fight like a true dragon. Let me serve you in any way possible.

Gain mount: Dragon Of Death - very fast (He's now wearing shiny battle armor and a saddle with a red and black blanket underneath)

Villager: What is this madness? Are you.... riding the dragon of death?

Meow!

-O.R