Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A system for trading?

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Apparently trading is not allowed due to players manipulating other players and unfair practices. I wanna try and make a safe trading system. Here it goes...

Parental Controls:
Parents can choose if thier children have access to trading or not. Since children may be the easiest to control by a sneaky dealer, this will keep them safe. The minimum age to trade is also 13, because by then you should be mature enough to handle such a situation.

Warning signs:
Multiple warning signs will appear for strange trades. A reason for the warning will also be given eg Level 5 weapon trading with level 60+ weapon.

Moderation system:
If a player experiences an unfair trade, they can click the user who manipulated them and this player will receive a X mark. The X mark records the trade and conversation before and after the trade. If a user gains more than 5 of these X marks, they will be sent for moderation by the P101 staff. All pirates can see the number of X marks you have.

Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
I don't really care about trading with other players, but I would like to trade between other accounts that are linked since I play with my family. I think this would be a safer comprise, hopefully they would allow No Auction gear to be traded as well.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Wicked Victor Arms... on Jan 27, 2014 wrote:
I don't really care about trading with other players, but I would like to trade between other accounts that are linked since I play with my family. I think this would be a safer comprise, hopefully they would allow No Auction gear to be traded as well.
Most no auction gear is tradeable between your pirates via the shared bank. There are only a few exceptions with some really ultra rare stuff.

Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 29, 2014 wrote:
Most no auction gear is tradeable between your pirates via the shared bank. There are only a few exceptions with some really ultra rare stuff.
Yes, I know. But so far there is no system that allows trading between an account and another account, preferably linked like I mentioned. For example, yesterday I was farming Cadmus all day and got a ton of great gear. However, I got many duplicate items that I already had but my finance doesn't. So it would be nice if I could give it all to her instead because I have no use for it.

Bosun
Nov 03, 2012
Golden Guardian on Jan 27, 2014 wrote:
Apparently trading is not allowed due to players manipulating other players and unfair practices. I wanna try and make a safe trading system. Here it goes...

Parental Controls:
Parents can choose if thier children have access to trading or not. Since children may be the easiest to control by a sneaky dealer, this will keep them safe. The minimum age to trade is also 13, because by then you should be mature enough to handle such a situation.

Warning signs:
Multiple warning signs will appear for strange trades. A reason for the warning will also be given eg Level 5 weapon trading with level 60+ weapon.

Moderation system:
If a player experiences an unfair trade, they can click the user who manipulated them and this player will receive a X mark. The X mark records the trade and conversation before and after the trade. If a user gains more than 5 of these X marks, they will be sent for moderation by the P101 staff. All pirates can see the number of X marks you have.
I don't think that high level people could trick low levels. Here's what I mean: A low level isn't going to have anything a high level would want. So why would a high level bother wasting time trading for those weapons. If you can only trade items that are in the bazaar than this shouldn't be a problem. A low level isn't going to have a level 60 weapon. And a person with a level 60 weapon would have to have some knowledge of the game so they wouldn't trade for a lvl 5 weapon. Trading shouldn't be a problem.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Wicked Victor Arms... on Jan 29, 2014 wrote:
Yes, I know. But so far there is no system that allows trading between an account and another account, preferably linked like I mentioned. For example, yesterday I was farming Cadmus all day and got a ton of great gear. However, I got many duplicate items that I already had but my finance doesn't. So it would be nice if I could give it all to her instead because I have no use for it.
Yea that makes sense. I don't often think of linked account issues since I only have one account here and on Wiz. I have often thought of starting another account on Wiz just to grow a healer to quest with me when no one is on but running two games at once is WAY harder to do on Pirates. With just little ole me to think about I forget to consider the other side of the uses. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

Lieutenant
Jul 15, 2013
Thanks Golden Guardian for helping I wouldn't have thought it was awesome ideas thx

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
I like this idea a lot, especially when friends get tons of rare loot multiple times but have nobody to share it with. For example, a friend of mine who used to play had gotten 3 Axe of the Minotaurs, 3 Xiphos' swords, 2 Blades of Shades, and tons of other rare loot from bosses. And he would get all this loot in under 2 weeks time ( Which shocked me considering it took me 4 months to get an Axe of the Minotaur ) It would be nice to trade your loot to those who luck out in their efforts of retrieving the same loot.