Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A night and day option.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 18, 2013
My suggestion would be allowing the world of Pirate 101 transition between night and day, instead of all day time. This I believe would allow for more opportunities for new quests that are available during these times, and help set the atmosphere for these quests. Imagine visiting the Lighthouse during the night, not exactly scary but could set the mood for these places and events.

I do realize that such a thing would be development heavy, but it is just a suggestion.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
Maybe there could be a new area that could be like this, cycling day to night. There would be different NonPlayerCharacters to talk to depending on if it was day or night. I would give it a fast cycle so you wouldn't have to wait an extreme amount of time to turn in a quest or get your next one. Something like the Krokotopian secret shop, where you could hop realms if you need to. Maybe the NPC would be in shops as a way to handle the transitions. If you were already in talking to someone, you could finish before the shop closed.

Lieutenant
Dec 30, 2012
I can see where you are coming from. World of Warcraft has this.
Exactly how would it work? My experience is that by the time in your area, the day and night cycles will match yours in real life. Then again, that could be confusing.

I really don't see a simple way to input this. Some pirates may only want to work in the daytime. And I really cannot picture Marleybone being sunny. It's a cool idea, but there is simply no reason to implement it.

I think it should rather be an option for housing.

Captain
Oct 15, 2012
Calamity Finch on Jun 27, 2013 wrote:
Maybe there could be a new area that could be like this, cycling day to night. There would be different NonPlayerCharacters to talk to depending on if it was day or night. I would give it a fast cycle so you wouldn't have to wait an extreme amount of time to turn in a quest or get your next one. Something like the Krokotopian secret shop, where you could hop realms if you need to. Maybe the NPC would be in shops as a way to handle the transitions. If you were already in talking to someone, you could finish before the shop closed.
maybe that guy could be the doctor who refrence from w101 THE PROFFOCER(seriously idk who else would do it)

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
I'm not sure if the worlds of the spiral have day/night cycles.Each world is just chunks of land floating in bubbles through space. They aren't like our planet, a ball orbiting a star. Nor are they like the Discworld, which has a little sun that orbits around it.
Marleybone is described as a world of eternal twilight. Cool Ranch seems to be always at the start of sunset. So other worlds are always in daytime. At least, that's the way I see it. How the spiral really works is up to Blind Mew and his team of writers.
They could make a new world with a day/night cycle, as Calamity Finch suggested.