Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A Monumental Task and Update Ideas

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
Grinding characters on this game becomes quite repetitive (especially when both of your mid level characters are on the duck of death storyline, arguably one of the most grindy parts of game), so I have decided to strive for the crazy goal of one hundred percenting this game. By this I mean collecting every single badge a single pirate can achieve. While I have only just started this journey, there have been a few ideas I have thought of that could possibly improve side questing and badge grinding in general.

1) A way to see the badges you haven't unlocked: It would be nice to be able to see all of the available badges at once instead of having them appear when you get them. It can be very daunting when you have 19 pages of badges and not knowing whether you have 6 more pages left to fill out or 60 (a bit of a hyperbole but you get my point)

2) A team-up kiosk: Rumors have been going around that this is in the works, but I thought I would still mention it here. With badges like Master of Moo and Bane of Kane, it can be very annoying to have to run all the way to the respective dungeons (especially for Moo Manchu) whenever you want to grind. It would be nice to have an easy access way to get to these dungeons instead of having to run there every time you want to play it. (To prevent ruining the awe of seeing moo's giant tower or the armada juggernaut simply known as The Machine for the first time the pirate would have to go through these dungeons manually once before they could play them in the team-up kiosk)

If any of these ever get added to the game, 3 IS THE ONE I WANT THE MOST -wink- -wink- -nudge- -nudge- @kingsisle

3) Quest finder: One of the main and most fun parts of gathering badges is doing all of the side quests on different islands and going in depth into the lore of the game and learning about the culture of the different worlds. However, it can be VERY annoying to be finished with an area only to later realize that little Jimmy in the corner wanted you to fend off the Ki-rin attacking the village. It would be much more user friendly if a quest finder (like the one in Wiz) were implemented to make completing side quests more of a fun challenge and less of a game of Where's Waldo.

If you've read this far, congratulations, you get and imaginary cookie. During this in parts I made getting all of these badges sound like a drag, but to be honest I haven't had this much fun with the game since the release of Valencia part 2.

Thank you for reading and see you in the Spiral!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Alex the Pirate on Aug 20, 2017 wrote:
Grinding characters on this game becomes quite repetitive (especially when both of your mid level characters are on the duck of death storyline, arguably one of the most grindy parts of game), so I have decided to strive for the crazy goal of one hundred percenting this game. By this I mean collecting every single badge a single pirate can achieve. While I have only just started this journey, there have been a few ideas I have thought of that could possibly improve side questing and badge grinding in general.

1) A way to see the badges you haven't unlocked: It would be nice to be able to see all of the available badges at once instead of having them appear when you get them. It can be very daunting when you have 19 pages of badges and not knowing whether you have 6 more pages left to fill out or 60 (a bit of a hyperbole but you get my point)

2) A team-up kiosk: Rumors have been going around that this is in the works, but I thought I would still mention it here. With badges like Master of Moo and Bane of Kane, it can be very annoying to have to run all the way to the respective dungeons (especially for Moo Manchu) whenever you want to grind. It would be nice to have an easy access way to get to these dungeons instead of having to run there every time you want to play it. (To prevent ruining the awe of seeing moo's giant tower or the armada juggernaut simply known as The Machine for the first time the pirate would have to go through these dungeons manually once before they could play them in the team-up kiosk)

If any of these ever get added to the game, 3 IS THE ONE I WANT THE MOST -wink- -wink- -nudge- -nudge- @kingsisle

3) Quest finder: One of the main and most fun parts of gathering badges is doing all of the side quests on different islands and going in depth into the lore of the game and learning about the culture of the different worlds. However, it can be VERY annoying to be finished with an area only to later realize that little Jimmy in the corner wanted you to fend off the Ki-rin attacking the village. It would be much more user friendly if a quest finder (like the one in Wiz) were implemented to make completing side quests more of a fun challenge and less of a game of Where's Waldo.

If you've read this far, congratulations, you get and imaginary cookie. During this in parts I made getting all of these badges sound like a drag, but to be honest I haven't had this much fun with the game since the release of Valencia part 2.

Thank you for reading and see you in the Spiral!
1. When you gain a badge ( like defeating a certain number of a kind of enemy ) the new locked badge does appear. So you already have this wish, it's in the game.
2 & 3 have been asked for and discussed many. many times. Everyone wants them and it's more than likely we'll get them.

Lieutenant
Jan 20, 2013
Good luck with one hundred-percenting the game! I definitely hope that both Quest Finder and a Team-Up Kiosk are on the way! The community has been anxiously waiting for those.

On the subject of quest grinding, perhaps a Pirate101 version of the W101 Level 50 Elixir would be helpful? I think it's too early for one right now (the first arc JUST ended), but assuming we get some more storyline content ... it might not be a bad idea somewhere down the road?

Once a super fan, now a KingsIsle QA Tester! I squash bugs.
~
_~ )_)_~
)_))_))_)
_!__!__!_
\______t/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
anecorbie on Aug 21, 2017 wrote:
1. When you gain a badge ( like defeating a certain number of a kind of enemy ) the new locked badge does appear. So you already have this wish, it's in the game.
2 & 3 have been asked for and discussed many. many times. Everyone wants them and it's more than likely we'll get them.
What a mean by this is a system like the one wiz has in place. For example, if I wanted to check my Wizard City badges I would see the names of all of the ones I have along with blank spaces for the badges I do not have. A system like this in pirate would make tracking how much more you have to do in each category much easier. On that note, a system of sorting badges by alphabetical order, oldest to newest, or by world would be nice. This is more of a nit-pick but I thought I would mention it.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
good luck, lets just hope you have a few of the badges that nobody can get anymore. other than that you should be fine!

Lieutenant
Mar 27, 2014
what about a feature to buy an entire world at once rather than one chapter at a time?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Alex the Pirate on Aug 21, 2017 wrote:
What a mean by this is a system like the one wiz has in place. For example, if I wanted to check my Wizard City badges I would see the names of all of the ones I have along with blank spaces for the badges I do not have. A system like this in pirate would make tracking how much more you have to do in each category much easier. On that note, a system of sorting badges by alphabetical order, oldest to newest, or by world would be nice. This is more of a nit-pick but I thought I would mention it.
Oh, now I get it! Yes, that would be helpful. I love the alphabetical plan.

Bosun
Dec 28, 2012
A team up kiosk has just been announced on KI live so if anyone in the future reads this suggestion #2 is irrelevant.