Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A money problem with stitching...

AuthorMessage
Captain
Oct 26, 2012
So yesterday I was in the spar chamber, and some fellow pirates and I discovered a strange problem with stitching. It is kind of confusing to explain but I will try my best to explain. The main problem begin's with heavy armor.

Many people like stitching heavy armor just for its appearance and not its stats, although if you are either a you have to pay crowns just to stitch a heavy armor appearance. However buccaneers and privateers don't need to pay money to get the appearance of heavy armor. The problem is that some classes have to pay REAL MONEY for heavy armor appearance, whilst privateers and buccaneers have FREE access.

My solution:
A- There should be a talent called "heavy armor appearance" that enables , to have the appearance but not statistics of heavy armor. The newly received armor will have the same statistics as regular/light armor. Once you think deeply about my solution, you will realise it's not perfect, so I am open to suggestions. One problem I found (well it is not really a problem, but has a vague feeling to it), is that we are receiving a light armored version of heavy armor.

What do you say guys?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I guess I see your point and I understand what you want, I am just not in that camp. I for one love the diversity in my pirates. I don't like it that my ones that wear heavy armor all look alike except for the colors. I love that my pirates look like their class. I can tell who is what by looking at them. Maybe its from me being a girl but I am not that fond of the heavy armor look but I use it for it's stats and I enjoy wearing the styles of what ever world I am questing in. There is not a lot of variety in what I like in the armor look. I know there is more than one type but really only one that I feel comfortable wearing without feeling really goofy or that I look too unfeminine. I will prob resort to stitching down my looks to something a bit more stylish, only in my opinion though.
My swashy and witchdoctor I don't really want them in armor. Swashies need to be light and agile for their flips and all that sneaking around. After all, how can I sneak past an enemy with all that armor clanking around. My withcdoctor, I like her to look spooky strong and a little intimidating. Armor is intimidating but not really power spooky so I stay away from the armor look for her intentionally.
I can see that you want what you want in looks, I just hope that maybe you can see that the diversity in looks is really a bonus of the classes, not a weakness.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jan 8, 2014 wrote:
I guess I see your point and I understand what you want, I am just not in that camp. I for one love the diversity in my pirates. I don't like it that my ones that wear heavy armor all look alike except for the colors. I love that my pirates look like their class. I can tell who is what by looking at them. Maybe its from me being a girl but I am not that fond of the heavy armor look but I use it for it's stats and I enjoy wearing the styles of what ever world I am questing in. There is not a lot of variety in what I like in the armor look. I know there is more than one type but really only one that I feel comfortable wearing without feeling really goofy or that I look too unfeminine. I will prob resort to stitching down my looks to something a bit more stylish, only in my opinion though.
My swashy and witchdoctor I don't really want them in armor. Swashies need to be light and agile for their flips and all that sneaking around. After all, how can I sneak past an enemy with all that armor clanking around. My withcdoctor, I like her to look spooky strong and a little intimidating. Armor is intimidating but not really power spooky so I stay away from the armor look for her intentionally.
I can see that you want what you want in looks, I just hope that maybe you can see that the diversity in looks is really a bonus of the classes, not a weakness.
Point A-
I appreciate your views on clothing diversity, but that can only truly occur if each class had its own special type of armor. Yes I know there is newly released clothing in skull island for each class, but that's not my point. My point is that buccaneer's and privateer's have thier unique armor style of heavy armor, but the rest of us just have light armor available (and Have that talent too so the rest of our classes don't have much of a unique spark in fashion and armor terms). So maybe musketeers and swashes could get a new exclusive type of armor called "stealth armor" (provides wings, masks, etc) and witchdoctors could get "glowing hoodoo armor" (provides glowing armor, and hovering abilities) . That way we could be unique in our own armor fashion. And also as Chrissy said, there needs to be more girl-styled type of gear. I was talking to a mooshu ninja one day, and aside from her name, I thought she looked like a boy.

Point B-
I know this is not legendary big, but there seems to be a rapidly growing trend in players (of these class ) wearing more and more heavy armor, simply because they like the way it looks. When I was in the spar chamber, there were around six players who were not privateers or bucks, all wearing heavy armor. 2 of them (1 being me) were wearing what many, yes many call the current best looking outfit in the game for boys, that being the Heavy Armored Generals Armatura from Rooke. The rest were wearing heavy armor gladiator outfit's from Aquila. One guy said he was kind of irritated that he had to pay for appearance of heavy armor, whilst other classes get it freely. He did like the fact that privateers and buccaneers get the stats from heavy armor since it is meant for them and them only, but he feels the appearance should be for all freely.

I really hope point A is in the game. Maybe even as a level 80 talent, since it would be too hard to include now. But it still should be there... Pls KI?

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Golden Guardian on Jan 9, 2014 wrote:
Point A-
I appreciate your views on clothing diversity, but that can only truly occur if each class had its own special type of armor. Yes I know there is newly released clothing in skull island for each class, but that's not my point. My point is that buccaneer's and privateer's have thier unique armor style of heavy armor, but the rest of us just have light armor available (and Have that talent too so the rest of our classes don't have much of a unique spark in fashion and armor terms). So maybe musketeers and swashes could get a new exclusive type of armor called "stealth armor" (provides wings, masks, etc) and witchdoctors could get "glowing hoodoo armor" (provides glowing armor, and hovering abilities) . That way we could be unique in our own armor fashion. And also as Chrissy said, there needs to be more girl-styled type of gear. I was talking to a mooshu ninja one day, and aside from her name, I thought she looked like a boy.

Point B-
I know this is not legendary big, but there seems to be a rapidly growing trend in players (of these class ) wearing more and more heavy armor, simply because they like the way it looks. When I was in the spar chamber, there were around six players who were not privateers or bucks, all wearing heavy armor. 2 of them (1 being me) were wearing what many, yes many call the current best looking outfit in the game for boys, that being the Heavy Armored Generals Armatura from Rooke. The rest were wearing heavy armor gladiator outfit's from Aquila. One guy said he was kind of irritated that he had to pay for appearance of heavy armor, whilst other classes get it freely. He did like the fact that privateers and buccaneers get the stats from heavy armor since it is meant for them and them only, but he feels the appearance should be for all freely.

I really hope point A is in the game. Maybe even as a level 80 talent, since it would be too hard to include now. But it still should be there... Pls KI?
I like your new armor ideas for point A, but Swashbucklers DO have their own type- Light Armor. Muskteers/Witchdoctors have Regular. It's pretty evenly balanced.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
Pirates in the Sky on Jan 10, 2014 wrote:
I like your new armor ideas for point A, but Swashbucklers DO have their own type- Light Armor. Muskteers/Witchdoctors have Regular. It's pretty evenly balanced.
Sorry to say, but buccaneers and privateers can also have light armor. The other 2 (witches and musks) classes can train this talent for a practice point though. So, swashbucklers don't have their own type.

That being said I would like to introduce you to new armor types, exclusively for .

Agile Armor 1: Boosts agility, damage, and either accuracy or dodge. Exclusively for musks and swashes only. Provides wings, masks and an overall angelic-piratey appearance.

Mystic Armor 1: Boosts resistance significantly, boosts armor slightly, boosts spooky and will decently. Only for . Provides slight aurora glow around armor, massive feathers and such.

Hey bucks and privy have more access to gear right, so other classes should also have thier own armor