Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

A few suggestions

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 09, 2008
13
I absolutely love Pirate101 because of how much I have enjoyed playing Wizard101 over the years. Going from W101 to P101, however, I have noticed there are things lacking in P101 but are included in W101. Here are some of them.

  1. P101 needs to make it to where we get a notification appear when friends come online and go offline.
  2. We need the option to transfer houses to our shared bank so we don't have to buy the same house again (like in W101).
  3. It would be great if we could right-click on a person's name in the text box to send them a private message for easy access, instead of having to click friend list, pirate name, and then text chat.
  4. PVP needs new battlegrounds, just like W101 has different arenas (gets a bit boring fighting in the brawling hall all the time).
  5. Something like gardening should be included as well, or something entertaining we can do at our homes to give us extra rewards/gold/items. Maybe a P101 version of W101's gardening feature.
  6. Something everyone has been asking for...new bundles!! As well as new worlds and a higher level cap.

All of these are in Wizard101 so I think it would be nice to have them in Pirate101 as well. This is already a great game, these are just some things I wanted to suggest to make it better. I know I have more but these are all I could think of off the top of my head.

Does anyone else agree or have any other suggestions?

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1423
Welcome Danielson2284! There are many things Wiz has, that have been requested for Pirate too. The friends related stuff you suggested sounds like a reasonable add-in as does the houses going in shared bank.

We have been asking for crafting, gardening, and fishing for a long time. As Wizard didn't start with all the sides in place, so too here. There's been gradual adds of pet activities, PVP, and Ship PVP. Recently, Falmea was asking for fishing related ideas. I think KI is also interested in ideas that would be unique to Pirate101. As for getting gear and gold rewards, our extra crew can do tasks where they collect gold and gear for us, among other things.

If they added gardening, what do you think Pirate gardening should be like? We are not wizards, so maybe garden tools and watering cans, rather than spells? I remember someone once suggested digging for treasure as a house activity.

Everyone seems to agree on needing a new world and a level cap raise, but a new side activity for people to work on between big updates would help too.

Commodore
May 31, 2009
873
danielson2284 on Jul 25, 2018 wrote:
I absolutely love Pirate101 because of how much I have enjoyed playing Wizard101 over the years. Going from W101 to P101, however, I have noticed there are things lacking in P101 but are included in W101. Here are some of them.

  1. P101 needs to make it to where we get a notification appear when friends come online and go offline.
  2. We need the option to transfer houses to our shared bank so we don't have to buy the same house again (like in W101).
  3. It would be great if we could right-click on a person's name in the text box to send them a private message for easy access, instead of having to click friend list, pirate name, and then text chat.
  4. PVP needs new battlegrounds, just like W101 has different arenas (gets a bit boring fighting in the brawling hall all the time).
  5. Something like gardening should be included as well, or something entertaining we can do at our homes to give us extra rewards/gold/items. Maybe a P101 version of W101's gardening feature.
  6. Something everyone has been asking for...new bundles!! As well as new worlds and a higher level cap.

All of these are in Wizard101 so I think it would be nice to have them in Pirate101 as well. This is already a great game, these are just some things I wanted to suggest to make it better. I know I have more but these are all I could think of off the top of my head.

Does anyone else agree or have any other suggestions?
1. I disagree due to the fact that I find the notifications obnoxious. For some reason, Wizard101 likes to ignore when I've changed my settings multiple times on all of my wizards to shut it off and turns the notifications back on without my input. Additionally, maybe the folks on the other end don't want everyone on their list to immediately know their playing habits. My philosophy is if the person who has just logged on wants you to know they're online, they'll whisper you.

2. This one I do agree with, because while gold isn't difficult to come by, it'd be nice to be able to buy a house for one of my lower level pirates without having to trade over gear for them to sell.

3. Frankly I've always vehemently hated this feature in Wizard101 because it allows for easy private harassment the minute you say something in local chat. I've had some not so great things happen far too many times to be comfortable with bringing this into Pirate101. In P101, I don't have to worry about anyone jumping into my whisper chat channel to say something creepy if I'm simply having a conversation in a populated area.

4. Ranked PvP does have different battle arenas. Practice PvP does not. If you're a member or willing to pay for the crowns pass, you can take part in Ranked battles to see those places.

5. Gardening has been a semi-popular request for a while now. I wouldn't mind gardening since it's fully optional and doesn't have any effect on the actual playable maps.

6. Hey, no arguments on this point. It's been far too long since we Pirates got any love.

I'm surprised you didn't go for the big one: quest finder. I've always found it odd that we don't have this feature here since it's been so heavily requested for so long and the system is already in place in Wizard101.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9533
MistyDragon13 on Jul 27, 2018 wrote:
1. I disagree due to the fact that I find the notifications obnoxious. For some reason, Wizard101 likes to ignore when I've changed my settings multiple times on all of my wizards to shut it off and turns the notifications back on without my input. Additionally, maybe the folks on the other end don't want everyone on their list to immediately know their playing habits. My philosophy is if the person who has just logged on wants you to know they're online, they'll whisper you.

2. This one I do agree with, because while gold isn't difficult to come by, it'd be nice to be able to buy a house for one of my lower level pirates without having to trade over gear for them to sell.

3. Frankly I've always vehemently hated this feature in Wizard101 because it allows for easy private harassment the minute you say something in local chat. I've had some not so great things happen far too many times to be comfortable with bringing this into Pirate101. In P101, I don't have to worry about anyone jumping into my whisper chat channel to say something creepy if I'm simply having a conversation in a populated area.

4. Ranked PvP does have different battle arenas. Practice PvP does not. If you're a member or willing to pay for the crowns pass, you can take part in Ranked battles to see those places.

5. Gardening has been a semi-popular request for a while now. I wouldn't mind gardening since it's fully optional and doesn't have any effect on the actual playable maps.

6. Hey, no arguments on this point. It's been far too long since we Pirates got any love.

I'm surprised you didn't go for the big one: quest finder. I've always found it odd that we don't have this feature here since it's been so heavily requested for so long and the system is already in place in Wizard101.
1. I semi-like the notifications, sometimes I don't check my Friends List to see who is on line, btw, those notices let me know when you show up, and then we can have our little chats; it's been too long, my friend!
3. Totally agree with you about that one, too easy to harass/bully a player.
4. In W101 practice PVP has different arenas; however our Practice PVP happens out in a public space. This often annoys me, because some pirates think its funny to run into the middle of a fight , imagine that being allowed in Wizard! Perhaps P101 can institute a private practice arena like W101 uses?
6. It's coming!

Ensign
Dec 09, 2008
13
Calamity Finch on Jul 27, 2018 wrote:
Welcome Danielson2284! There are many things Wiz has, that have been requested for Pirate too. The friends related stuff you suggested sounds like a reasonable add-in as does the houses going in shared bank.

We have been asking for crafting, gardening, and fishing for a long time. As Wizard didn't start with all the sides in place, so too here. There's been gradual adds of pet activities, PVP, and Ship PVP. Recently, Falmea was asking for fishing related ideas. I think KI is also interested in ideas that would be unique to Pirate101. As for getting gear and gold rewards, our extra crew can do tasks where they collect gold and gear for us, among other things.

If they added gardening, what do you think Pirate gardening should be like? We are not wizards, so maybe garden tools and watering cans, rather than spells? I remember someone once suggested digging for treasure as a house activity.

Everyone seems to agree on needing a new world and a level cap raise, but a new side activity for people to work on between big updates would help too.
Digging for hidden treasure at your house sounds very interesting actually. If P101 could do something like this in place of gardening i'd be cool with that!

Ensign
Dec 09, 2008
13
MistyDragon13 on Jul 27, 2018 wrote:
1. I disagree due to the fact that I find the notifications obnoxious. For some reason, Wizard101 likes to ignore when I've changed my settings multiple times on all of my wizards to shut it off and turns the notifications back on without my input. Additionally, maybe the folks on the other end don't want everyone on their list to immediately know their playing habits. My philosophy is if the person who has just logged on wants you to know they're online, they'll whisper you.

2. This one I do agree with, because while gold isn't difficult to come by, it'd be nice to be able to buy a house for one of my lower level pirates without having to trade over gear for them to sell.

3. Frankly I've always vehemently hated this feature in Wizard101 because it allows for easy private harassment the minute you say something in local chat. I've had some not so great things happen far too many times to be comfortable with bringing this into Pirate101. In P101, I don't have to worry about anyone jumping into my whisper chat channel to say something creepy if I'm simply having a conversation in a populated area.

4. Ranked PvP does have different battle arenas. Practice PvP does not. If you're a member or willing to pay for the crowns pass, you can take part in Ranked battles to see those places.

5. Gardening has been a semi-popular request for a while now. I wouldn't mind gardening since it's fully optional and doesn't have any effect on the actual playable maps.

6. Hey, no arguments on this point. It's been far too long since we Pirates got any love.

I'm surprised you didn't go for the big one: quest finder. I've always found it odd that we don't have this feature here since it's been so heavily requested for so long and the system is already in place in Wizard101.
1. Well this may be a personal thing, I think there should be an option for whether you get those notifications or not. I think it's nice because I'll know when my friends are online instead of periodically checking my friends list to see if they are on or not.

2. Right? I found this very helpful on W101.

3. That is true for some people, however I've never had this experience. Not saying because it hasn't happened to me it's still okay. However, I think this should be a privacy option so you can make it to where you only get private messages from friends (in fact I think there is already an option for that).

4.Oh cool! I didn't know ranked PVP had different battle arenas. I'm a member so that's good to know!

5.Definitely agree.

6. Pirate101 is awesome!! It should be updated more often

P.S. never thought about the quest finder addition, but you're right that would be a great add-on!

Lieutenant
Jan 27, 2015
125
Captain
Jun 10, 2013
714
anecorbie on Jul 28, 2018 wrote:
1. I semi-like the notifications, sometimes I don't check my Friends List to see who is on line, btw, those notices let me know when you show up, and then we can have our little chats; it's been too long, my friend!
3. Totally agree with you about that one, too easy to harass/bully a player.
4. In W101 practice PVP has different arenas; however our Practice PVP happens out in a public space. This often annoys me, because some pirates think its funny to run into the middle of a fight , imagine that being allowed in Wizard! Perhaps P101 can institute a private practice arena like W101 uses?
6. It's coming!
Anecorbie, do you believe the update we are getting is seriously going to be a max level increase? 2 of my Pirate 101 friends, who I don't believe know each other both came to the conclusion that is going to be in it, based on what they said combined it is going to be Polaris along with 5 new levels, I hope they are right!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9533
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jul 31, 2018 wrote:
Anecorbie, do you believe the update we are getting is seriously going to be a max level increase? 2 of my Pirate 101 friends, who I don't believe know each other both came to the conclusion that is going to be in it, based on what they said combined it is going to be Polaris along with 5 new levels, I hope they are right!
I'll only say this: we're due for an update, whether it's a story line or "quality of life" update remains to be seen. I remain hopeful.

Community Leader
RRRRZZZZ419 on Jul 31, 2018 wrote:
Anecorbie, do you believe the update we are getting is seriously going to be a max level increase? 2 of my Pirate 101 friends, who I don't believe know each other both came to the conclusion that is going to be in it, based on what they said combined it is going to be Polaris along with 5 new levels, I hope they are right!
Not Anecorbie, but there's only 1 piece of non-circumstantial evidence that hints to a max level increasing update (an item added to the files somewhat recently). I'd personally be shocked if it was, since it means that KI is invested in adding a second arc (Valencia II 's end was a logical end to the storyline). We also get teasers for the last story update nearly 6 months before it released, so I'm having trouble believing that the teaser they wanted to show us wasn't ready yet if your friends are right and it is a storyline update. Also, the two teams for KI's mmos have been merged for a while now. With the almost certain Empyrea II update this fall and the continued graphics revamp of wiz, I can't imagine KI has had the time to develop a storyline update for Pirate. If I had to put odds on it, I'd say it's like a 10-20% chance of story. I'd love to be wrong, but I can't see it happening realistically.

Writer and PvP enthusiast at FinalBastion

Check us out for all things Pirate101 and Wizard101 PvE/PvP

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9533
Matthew525011 on Jul 31, 2018 wrote:
Not Anecorbie, but there's only 1 piece of non-circumstantial evidence that hints to a max level increasing update (an item added to the files somewhat recently). I'd personally be shocked if it was, since it means that KI is invested in adding a second arc (Valencia II 's end was a logical end to the storyline). We also get teasers for the last story update nearly 6 months before it released, so I'm having trouble believing that the teaser they wanted to show us wasn't ready yet if your friends are right and it is a storyline update. Also, the two teams for KI's mmos have been merged for a while now. With the almost certain Empyrea II update this fall and the continued graphics revamp of wiz, I can't imagine KI has had the time to develop a storyline update for Pirate. If I had to put odds on it, I'd say it's like a 10-20% chance of story. I'd love to be wrong, but I can't see it happening realistically.
You exaggerate a bit there, Matthew. It's not six months between hint and update, at most three months, as was seen when VA2 was hinted at in a Falmea post in February & the Test Realm in March-April. Also the hint 4 years ago introducing Advanced pets/companions and new areas of Bestia & Devilfish Hollow; also the introduction of scrip was proceeded by a hint two months before being released.
Realistically it's more like a 50% chance of a story update and a 80% of side content update, at least that's my opinion, for what it's worth.
I just wish KI communicated with us the same way they do with their Wizard gamers.