Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

A couple new glitches I found!

AuthorMessage
Bosun
May 10, 2010
Okay, first off, for starters, on the Swashbuckler, the poisons are not stacking. If I use a 5 round poison & a 3 round poison, they do not stack. I would have to double check, but I am not sure the bleeding is stacking either, but I have not double checked this, just the poisons for sure!

Secondly, on Musketeers, when Equipped with a Shooty/Slashy Weapon, even when an enemy is in range of 1, you do not get quick draw talent. I would think this would at least have the range of 2 or 3, since you have Sniper talent, but you are not getting the QuickDraw talent at all, even though you have a pistol?

Thirdly, Not all Critical Cards are working when you have a Shooty/Slashy Weapon, sometimes it wont let you critical shoot and sometimes it wont let you use a critical strike card. Even though you have those weapons needed equipped for that specific attack.

Finally, some of the new additional battles that were created, 1 in Monquista drains, with the Blood Bats, We did not have to kill them all, it just ended the battle and there were still 2 left. This happened again with the Monkies. Also happened in the Cave of Shadows vs the Ninja Pigs. I was thinking and I am not sure, but it might have calculated the attacks and damage before the round even started and maybe a lag glitch or something & they would have died, but no real idea why they died, as nobody attacked them.

This is the main new bugs I have found that I can think of.

DarthJT

Developer
Darth JT on Dec 19, 2012 wrote:
Okay, first off, for starters, on the Swashbuckler, the poisons are not stacking. If I use a 5 round poison & a 3 round poison, they do not stack. I would have to double check, but I am not sure the bleeding is stacking either, but I have not double checked this, just the poisons for sure!

Secondly, on Musketeers, when Equipped with a Shooty/Slashy Weapon, even when an enemy is in range of 1, you do not get quick draw talent. I would think this would at least have the range of 2 or 3, since you have Sniper talent, but you are not getting the QuickDraw talent at all, even though you have a pistol?

Thirdly, Not all Critical Cards are working when you have a Shooty/Slashy Weapon, sometimes it wont let you critical shoot and sometimes it wont let you use a critical strike card. Even though you have those weapons needed equipped for that specific attack.

Finally, some of the new additional battles that were created, 1 in Monquista drains, with the Blood Bats, We did not have to kill them all, it just ended the battle and there were still 2 left. This happened again with the Monkies. Also happened in the Cave of Shadows vs the Ninja Pigs. I was thinking and I am not sure, but it might have calculated the attacks and damage before the round even started and maybe a lag glitch or something & they would have died, but no real idea why they died, as nobody attacked them.

This is the main new bugs I have found that I can think of.

DarthJT
Poisons don't stack, and Bleeding doesn't stack. (But you can stack Poison and Bleeding-- and I do!)

I'll take a look at Shooty/Slashy weapons to make sure they're correctly integrated. (Yesterday one of our programmers here-- quite a dedicated player, as well!-- mentioned the issue with the Ranged Critical cards, so that will be fixed.)

The Sniper talent will not extend your range with the sword/pistol combo. If you're using sword/pistol, you're considered "melee." I can build in some exceptions so that your powers work, but it's not quite as simple as actually having a ranged weapon equipped. The two weapons behave quite differently under the hood. But it would indeed be very cool if I could make sword/pistol work with Quick Draw and other musketeer talents. I will see what I can do!

Ensign
Dec 13, 2009
Ratbeard on Dec 19, 2012 wrote:
Poisons don't stack, and Bleeding doesn't stack. (But you can stack Poison and Bleeding-- and I do!)

I'll take a look at Shooty/Slashy weapons to make sure they're correctly integrated. (Yesterday one of our programmers here-- quite a dedicated player, as well!-- mentioned the issue with the Ranged Critical cards, so that will be fixed.)

The Sniper talent will not extend your range with the sword/pistol combo. If you're using sword/pistol, you're considered "melee." I can build in some exceptions so that your powers work, but it's not quite as simple as actually having a ranged weapon equipped. The two weapons behave quite differently under the hood. But it would indeed be very cool if I could make sword/pistol work with Quick Draw and other musketeer talents. I will see what I can do!
Ooh, that'd be pretty cool Ratbeard. I'm a big fan of the sword/pistol combo, as I really think they add more variety to the melee dynamic. If they could work with things like quick draw that could make for some interesting character options.

Here's hoping!

Captain
Feb 27, 2009

Ratbeard ya look different. Did ya go shopping in Floatsam or a place in Cool Ranch? Tell us where you got it.

Community Leader

So what you seem to be saying, is that if a pirate in your battle poisons a group of bad guys, and a second pirate poisons the same bad guys a second time, that the second pirates spell was a waste of a round? The game wont let us move 2 characters to the same spot, why should it allow us to cast a spell thats worthless?

Everytime a pirate attacks and does get blocked or doesnt miss, should do damage/count towards the demise of the targetted enemie(s). If thats not taking place, which it seems to be implied, then theres some serious misgivings here. I dont want to have to determine every move/attack my friends are making so I know whether or not my move will do something. Have you tried the ingame chat system? You couldnt communicate that with open chat in the 60 seconds we get to make moves...

MMO's should encourage people to play together, such game mechanics promote the opposite, solo play.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
Sniper Rose on Dec 19, 2012 wrote:
Ratbeard ya look different. Did ya go shopping in Floatsam or a place in Cool Ranch? Tell us where you got it.
That's ratbeard's final promotion look, and with an epic animation

Dead-eye Luke, Level 50