Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

4 vs. 4 ranked pvp

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 04, 2018
98
I used to really enjoy 4 vs. 4 pvp and its really the only pvp that I actually enjoy. Why isn't it an option for ranked PvP?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9546
Takhethis on Jul 7, 2019 wrote:
I used to really enjoy 4 vs. 4 pvp and its really the only pvp that I actually enjoy. Why isn't it an option for ranked PvP?
There is a bug that messes up some 4 v 4 fights.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
448
Takhethis on Jul 7, 2019 wrote:
I used to really enjoy 4 vs. 4 pvp and its really the only pvp that I actually enjoy. Why isn't it an option for ranked PvP?
If you are referring to the Brawlin Hall, well some classes like Privateer require a crew. Eight players with four companions each can get pretty crowded fast. 2v2 might work on one battle board, but 4v4 is probably a better option for Ship PvP.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
448
anecorbie on Jul 8, 2019 wrote:
There is a bug that messes up some 4 v 4 fights.
Did there use to be 4v4 practice matches? I thought 3v3 was the highest option?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9546
Oran from Urz on Jul 10, 2019 wrote:
Did there use to be 4v4 practice matches? I thought 3v3 was the highest option?
There are 8 sigils in the spar chamber and in the Smuggler's house, for 4 v 4 matches.

Petty Officer
Sep 04, 2018
98
Oran from Urz on Jul 8, 2019 wrote:
If you are referring to the Brawlin Hall, well some classes like Privateer require a crew. Eight players with four companions each can get pretty crowded fast. 2v2 might work on one battle board, but 4v4 is probably a better option for Ship PvP.
not at all true, as people go to brawling halls just to play 4v4 pvp but it isn't ranked and it is the best pvp in the game as far as I'm concerned for fun... those who would have trouble with the time it takes simply would never select it when they sign up for ranked pvp matches, 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 should be added to ranked options, KingsIsle doesn't even have to change anything as the brawling hall matches are good as they are (if there is a bug in 4v4 in the brawling hall then KingsIsle needs to fix that, but they really ought to fix any bugs in their game to begin with)

I'd play ranked 4v4 if it was a ranked pvp option and the matches were set up as they are in wizard101 where only those of or around your rank would be set up against one another

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9546
Takhethis on Jul 10, 2019 wrote:
not at all true, as people go to brawling halls just to play 4v4 pvp but it isn't ranked and it is the best pvp in the game as far as I'm concerned for fun... those who would have trouble with the time it takes simply would never select it when they sign up for ranked pvp matches, 2v2, 3v3, and 4v4 should be added to ranked options, KingsIsle doesn't even have to change anything as the brawling hall matches are good as they are (if there is a bug in 4v4 in the brawling hall then KingsIsle needs to fix that, but they really ought to fix any bugs in their game to begin with)

I'd play ranked 4v4 if it was a ranked pvp option and the matches were set up as they are in wizard101 where only those of or around your rank would be set up against one another
That's Battle Royale ( in the Brawlin' Hall ), which is a 1 v1 v1 v1, not a 4 v 4. I think you mean the Spar Chamber for practice PvP.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
448
Are there even eight concurrent players in Ranked Brawlin Hall at any one time????

Practice matches (even in Wizard) are always more popular.....because they are free.

However, if the 4v4 matches are working in practice the assumption is that they would be an easy port over to ranked. I still have concerns about the size of the battle board in ranked with that many players, because if I remember correctly practice PvP is the same size battle board every time, whereas the ranked one randomly changes in size/obstacles.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9546
Oran from Urz on Jul 12, 2019 wrote:
Are there even eight concurrent players in Ranked Brawlin Hall at any one time????

Practice matches (even in Wizard) are always more popular.....because they are free.

However, if the 4v4 matches are working in practice the assumption is that they would be an easy port over to ranked. I still have concerns about the size of the battle board in ranked with that many players, because if I remember correctly practice PvP is the same size battle board every time, whereas the ranked one randomly changes in size/obstacles.
I agree that if the 4 vs 4 bug can be corrected, larger battleboards would be needed. Perhaps the size of the Spar Chamber or larger.
After all, we are talking about 8 captains plus 3 of their companions( each ).

Petty Officer
Sep 04, 2018
98
anecorbie on Jul 13, 2019 wrote:
I agree that if the 4 vs 4 bug can be corrected, larger battleboards would be needed. Perhaps the size of the Spar Chamber or larger.
After all, we are talking about 8 captains plus 3 of their companions( each ).
I'd really like it if both sides started on their own team's ship so that the battle board is two ships docked together which of course would allow players with the pirate talent to actually use it. I hate the pirate talent cause you don't ever really get to use the thing.