Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

1 Week of Crown Shop Companions as Henchmen event

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
Hey guys, I've had another idea! I reckon that there should be an event where for 1 week we can hire fully promoted companions from both the crowns shop and the bundles (for crowns of course) as henchmen for battles.

This way, we can try out the companions before making a permanent purchase of either that companion or the entire bundle, and KI can potentially have another source of income for further game development.

It's a Win-Win that I'd definitely be up for!

So what do you guys think?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
King Crimson on Aug 30, 2016 wrote:
Hey guys, I've had another idea! I reckon that there should be an event where for 1 week we can hire fully promoted companions from both the crowns shop and the bundles (for crowns of course) as henchmen for battles.

This way, we can try out the companions before making a permanent purchase of either that companion or the entire bundle, and KI can potentially have another source of income for further game development.

It's a Win-Win that I'd definitely be up for!

So what do you guys think?
This might be a good idea except for several things:
1. There are many epics and talents to train a companion - how is KI supposed to decide this for us?
2. Whenever there is a test realm, we're given Crowns to play with, I've tested companions at this time.
3. By having all classes of pirates, I've seen how certain companions work with that class. I'm sure other players have done this.
If you're unsure of making a purchase, you can talk to someone who has that companion or come here and ask what the player's opinions are about that companion.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
I think it's a great idea, but I'm not sure if the programming would be overwhelming. I don't think the companions should be fully promoted on lower level pirates, but if the pirate is an appropriate level, then sure.

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
anecorbie on Aug 30, 2016 wrote:
This might be a good idea except for several things:
1. There are many epics and talents to train a companion - how is KI supposed to decide this for us?
2. Whenever there is a test realm, we're given Crowns to play with, I've tested companions at this time.
3. By having all classes of pirates, I've seen how certain companions work with that class. I'm sure other players have done this.
If you're unsure of making a purchase, you can talk to someone who has that companion or come here and ask what the player's opinions are about that companion.
All fair points to be sure, however; (Anecorbie)

I'm sure that when KI were developing the companions they had a play style in mind already, so they could set up the companion how the developers originally envisioned them.

2. Whenever there is a test realm, we're given crowns to play with, I've tested companions at this time.
I've actually done this myself, however personally I find that the test realm is only open when the developers are ready to test out new content, which is for brief periods of time and a bit too far apart for my liking. With my proposal, we can try out the companions at a more frequent intervals (say once a month), while at the same time providing the developers with some more coin to continue doing what they do best.

Myself included, however this can easily become time consuming, (for instance wanting to try out the Helephant after seeing him on my buccaneer would require starting a new Witchdoctor and trying to speed run them into MooShu,) a task not for the feint of heart. Not to mention,how you use companions can change dramatically depending on the class your pirate is, which can give different results as to the potential effectiveness of that companion for the pirate you want to use it on. It would be easier to go to point 2 on your list than try to pull off this point (if that makes sense).

Your final point is solid and I have nothing further to add to it.

Willowydream also has a valid point, the promotion stage should be in line with the characters level.

On a side note, I've been wondering Anecorbie, how did you come up with your name? It's rather unique, and I've been wondering if there is some back story to it. This question is entirely optional if you wish to keep an air if mystery about it.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
King Crimson on Aug 31, 2016 wrote:
All fair points to be sure, however; (Anecorbie)

I'm sure that when KI were developing the companions they had a play style in mind already, so they could set up the companion how the developers originally envisioned them.

2. Whenever there is a test realm, we're given crowns to play with, I've tested companions at this time.
I've actually done this myself, however personally I find that the test realm is only open when the developers are ready to test out new content, which is for brief periods of time and a bit too far apart for my liking. With my proposal, we can try out the companions at a more frequent intervals (say once a month), while at the same time providing the developers with some more coin to continue doing what they do best.

Myself included, however this can easily become time consuming, (for instance wanting to try out the Helephant after seeing him on my buccaneer would require starting a new Witchdoctor and trying to speed run them into MooShu,) a task not for the feint of heart. Not to mention,how you use companions can change dramatically depending on the class your pirate is, which can give different results as to the potential effectiveness of that companion for the pirate you want to use it on. It would be easier to go to point 2 on your list than try to pull off this point (if that makes sense).

Your final point is solid and I have nothing further to add to it.

Willowydream also has a valid point, the promotion stage should be in line with the characters level.

On a side note, I've been wondering Anecorbie, how did you come up with your name? It's rather unique, and I've been wondering if there is some back story to it. This question is entirely optional if you wish to keep an air if mystery about it.
Ane is Scottish for "one", a corbie is a raven or crow. There is a Scottish folk song called "Twa Corbies" ( Two Ravens ) where the ravens are discussing where they "will dine a day" and they find a dead young knight.
There is an English version to this song, which is less gruesome and more romantic called "Three Ravens"
I just happen to like ravens.

Lieutenant
May 09, 2013
anecorbie on Aug 31, 2016 wrote:
Ane is Scottish for "one", a corbie is a raven or crow. There is a Scottish folk song called "Twa Corbies" ( Two Ravens ) where the ravens are discussing where they "will dine a day" and they find a dead young knight.
There is an English version to this song, which is less gruesome and more romantic called "Three Ravens"
Join me in trying to discover a raven hybrid! Black tiger x hawk has not worked, but perhaps hawk x severus snake...

Lieutenant
Mar 23, 2012
anecorbie on Aug 31, 2016 wrote:
Thanks for responding to that last question, I just finished listening to Twa Corbies and I really like it. It has a sort of haunting beauty to it that really resonates.

Nice taste in music, by the way.