Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Witchdoctor fail! :(

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
OK so sometimes I would attack and all of a sudden my pirate uses the spell
and randomly fizzles. This kept on happening and I failed to do any damage.
Same for Old Scratch (not Lenora's yet). What do I do?

Lenora
Lovable Natalie
Pretty Cheryl Walker

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
CheeryCherry1234 on Jul 6, 2013 wrote:
OK so sometimes I would attack and all of a sudden my pirate uses the spell
and randomly fizzles. This kept on happening and I failed to do any damage.
Same for Old Scratch (not Lenora's yet). What do I do?

Lenora
Lovable Natalie
Pretty Cheryl Walker
Fizzle is from normal attacks,its the witchdoctor's version of missing

In late levels as a Witchdoctor you shouldn't never see fizzle since we end up having so many attack skills to use and skills will never fizzle.

As for witchdoctor companions the fizzling will just happen since they don't have alot of skills to avoid the missing

Cruel Darius Blake 65

Ensign
Jan 23, 2011
This was intended to happen. Since Witch doctors are magic casters. Like in Wizard101, spells will fizzle. It isn't a fail, but it does get annoying.

Vanessa Everhart Level 20
Melody Collins Level 14
Allison Hawkins Level 6

Bosun
Nov 17, 2012
oh. well.. thanks anyway. I'm just not used to that.

Ensign
Nov 05, 2012
This is another way of saying " you missed the attack." This still depends with your accuracy and the enemy's dodge. Another thing is that witchdoctors do lack accuracy (unless you have high accuracy) as well as dodge. This is not a fail. The game is telling you that you missed your attack. It's like blocking or dodging.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
You will only ever fizzle when you are doing a normal attack with a staffy weapon that can hit multiple enemies (or, for a companion, with improved mojo blast). You will never get a fizzle when you are using your spells/abilities.
As others have said, this fizzle is just a way of showing that your attack missed. It does this because multi-hit normal attacks do not take into account the dodge of enemies so it can't show them dodging.
Why it shows the fizzle as a spell cast, I don't know. Frankly, it shouldn't be like that because that can be confusing (as the OP has shown). Since normal attacks don't have the casting animation when they hit, why should they have it when they miss?