Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Witch Hunter bug??

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
Hello I was just wondering about this POSSIBLE bug I may have encountered

Witch hunter triggers when someone is attacked with a magic attack

melees right next to
ranged within the area

so I was wondering, why if an ENEMY (yes enemy only) uses an aoe and someone who is in the area (that has witch hunter), why doesn't their talent trigger? enemies will do it for AOE's, but if an enemy casts an aoe, (and the target is not directly them) the witch hunter talent is ignored :(

Gunner's Mate
Aug 08, 2010
Logan Sharp on May 7, 2014 wrote:
Hello I was just wondering about this POSSIBLE bug I may have encountered

Witch hunter triggers when someone is attacked with a magic attack

melees right next to
ranged within the area

so I was wondering, why if an ENEMY (yes enemy only) uses an aoe and someone who is in the area (that has witch hunter), why doesn't their talent trigger? enemies will do it for AOE's, but if an enemy casts an aoe, (and the target is not directly them) the witch hunter talent is ignored :(
It's not a bug, i'm sure it was intended. However, it shouldn't work like that. I think they should change it so that if the companion will be hit by a magic aoe, they'll witch hunt the enemy, since it is called "Witch hunter", not "Which one are you attacking directly", lol.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Some aoe attacks are not from Witchdoctors, but from Privateers (ie Gunnery and, I think, Barrage) and therefore cannot be detected by the Witch Hunters. There may be other aoes from other classes but I don't remember them right now. But it does make sense that only when Witchdoctors use their powers that the Witch Hunters will be able to detect and, if within range, attack.

Gunner's Mate
Nov 27, 2009
The Helpful Pirate on May 9, 2014 wrote:
Some aoe attacks are not from Witchdoctors, but from Privateers (ie Gunnery and, I think, Barrage) and therefore cannot be detected by the Witch Hunters. There may be other aoes from other classes but I don't remember them right now. But it does make sense that only when Witchdoctors use their powers that the Witch Hunters will be able to detect and, if within range, attack.
that SHOULD be the case, but here, let me give an example
the enemy has an AOE attack (for this example ill use 3 spaces in a row

W = ally with witch hunter
A = regular ally
( ) = anything within the area is affected

(A W A) the witch hunter is triggered because the W is in the middle spot (aka the targeted one) the others take damage because its an aoe

(W A A) witch hunter does not trigger because he is not directly targeted by it, he just takes damage because its an aoe
This is somewhat lame because if the roles were reversed, aka the allies/witch hunter were ENEMIES, both cases would trigger, even though they are not directly targeted (I have tested this before), it sill goes off....so why aren't our companions the same way? :(

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I tried using an area attack on satyrs thinking that if the center square was empty I would be safe. Boy was I wrong, every one of them attacked me that turn.
Yea it would be kind of nice to be able to pay it back to them the same way.