Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Wing Chung's Repal Boarders

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 08, 2013
I have a level 13 Musketeer and promoted Wing Chun to Disciple. I gave him Repel Boarders and Relentless and I have noticed Repel Boarders does not always activate. I also have a level 13 Witchdoctor and gave him the same 2 epics, and his Repel Boarders always activates so I think it's maybe a glitch with Wing Chun.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
Is it during the first turn that repel boarders doesn't activate? Because I have been noticing the same thing with Sarah Steeel.

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2011
no. there is only a 35% chance repel boarders will activate

Lieutenant
Dec 19, 2012
It could be just dumb luck.

Reason i say that is on my witchdoctor my bonnie anne does not hit burst fire near as often as she does on my muskeeter despite them both being set up the same exact way.

Administrator
It might be that the trigger tile was not empty. If this was the case, then that is by design to prevent weird edge cases like having an opponent be defeated or immobilized in an already occupied tile.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
unicornman987 on Apr 29, 2013 wrote:
no. there is only a 35% chance repel boarders will activate
I thought it was changed to 100% to make it the same as Overwatch.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Apr 29, 2013 wrote:
It might be that the trigger tile was not empty. If this was the case, then that is by design to prevent weird edge cases like having an opponent be defeated or immobilized in an already occupied tile.
I have had an enemy move right beside and attack my companion with repel boarders without it triggering. Again, this is most common on the first turn.