Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Windlanes: Safe of not?

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 02, 2009
Every single time I leave my self in the windlane and take my eye off my character for one second, my ship is sailing off course or got stuck in a battle. Aren't windlanes suppose to offer SAFE passage through skyways?
Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a bug or just some random mishap?

Ensign
Mar 21, 2009
I've noticed that once you are in a windlane and aren't controlling your ship, it'll go off more towards the outside part of the windland then you can get off course and fly right into a fight. When first enter a windlane, make sure your ship is right down the middle. It'll keep you on track and safe.

Loyal Roslyn Dove- Level 14 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Feb 13, 2009
I've had this problem. I'll be afk or just wandering around on my boat as I wait to reach my destination and all of the sudden I am off the windlane, heading towards a fight I REALLY don't feel like being in. It's very irritating, and I have also had it happen to me while in between worlds, and some of those are REALLY hard. My sister has also had this problem.

--

Captain
Jan 17, 2012
I concur. The windlanes, as far as I knew, were supposed to automatically steer your ship in the direction of the windlane, but again and again, my ship keeps going off on it's own.

Administrator
On the windlanes, can you please be a bit more specific for me and try to identify which Windlanes are giving you troubles? For instance, "blue windlane from Hamimitsu to Subata."

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Community Leader
I have this happen quite frequently.

My friends often asking me, hey Saint! Where ya goin? And I see my ship wandering off course, off the stream. I've encountered those nasty critters in the stormgates while on the windlane more often than other skyway areas however.

I'll try to keep track for ya Jack, and report back. I'd mentioned it before, and noone seemed to make a deal of it. It is quite annoying when it happens.

Actually it happens most often for me, when im sailing in windlane, and looking in my backpack, or checking my quest long while sailing.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Gunner's Mate
Dec 31, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Dec 29, 2012 wrote:
On the windlanes, can you please be a bit more specific for me and try to identify which Windlanes are giving you troubles? For instance, "blue windlane from Hamimitsu to Subata."
This happened to me on:

Blue Windlane from Flotsam Skyway (near Stormgate) to Flotsam Skyway (near lighthouse) - in SI skyway, far hop to the right when I was to the right of Rapa Nui.
Pink Windlane from Big Sky to Santo Pollo - in Cooper's Roost Skyway, far hop to the right when to the right of the watering hole.

D.S. Devereaux

Captain
May 02, 2009
Usually its the Yellow Windlane in Skull Island Skyway and the Green Windlane in Subata Skyway.

Ensign
Feb 13, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Dec 29, 2012 wrote:
The windlanes I am having problems with have been the blue windlane in skull island (to flotsam, I believe), the windlane in monquista (I think it is orange) that you enter as soon as you exit the stormgate, and really I think I have had this problem on every windlane up to cool ranch. The problem seems to be that after you get up to full speed, you are making a sharp turn and the speed does not allow the ship to turn fast enough, causing you to be thrown off course. At least, this seems to be what happens with me.

--Clever Miranda

Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
I've had this problem in mooshu, and in the stormgate to cool ranch. In Mooshu it was in Hamamitsu.
Just try to keep watch over your ship a little i guess.

Dead-eye Luke, Level 50

Ensign
Feb 16, 2010
I agree with OfxSaint I have this happen most often when I'm in my backpack, quest log, or companion management screens and espcially if I'm transitioning between skyways with the backpack/log/companion screen open. The lanes going from Tradewinds towards Flotsam near Scrimshaw and from Flotsam towards Skull Island near the Lighthouse are most often culprits.

Ensign
Jun 27, 2012
my advice would be to drop anchor before you take your eye off the ship. that way if you're in a safe spot, you stay there.

-lvl 1(1,2,3?)

Ensign
Feb 07, 2010
I've had this problem in almost all of the Stormgates. Every time I open up a menu screen, it goes blasting off the track. This is especially a problem if I go to Valencia.

~Dead-Eye Jeremy Wright Level 50 Swashbuckler
Dead-Eye Jeremy Wright Level 26 Witchdoctor

Ensign
Feb 13, 2009
ericahihi on Jan 2, 2013 wrote:
my advice would be to drop anchor before you take your eye off the ship. that way if you're in a safe spot, you stay there.

-lvl 1(1,2,3?)
It's a solution I suppose, but when you are on one of those ten minute rides from skull island to the farthest parts of cool ranch, it is nice to be able to step away from the computer or switch to the inside of the ship without worrying too much.

--Clever Miranda lvl. 28