Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Why Are My Powers Moving To The Back?

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2010
I have a bug. The bug is that my powers (Valor's Fortress, Assassin's Strike, etc... mainly the powers my gear gives me) keep moving to the back of my list! It gets very annoying, sometimes I forget to move them to the front of my list. I want to know if this bug is happening to anyone else, or even if it's a bug. If it is, than can someone tell me how I fix it?

~Dead-eye Octavio Devereaux, level 65 Witchdoctor~
~Fearful Zane Parker, level 65 Buccaneer~

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Have you been changing your gear around? Every time you remove an item that gives you a power, then re-equip it, that power goes to the back of your list.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
1of1 Buccaneer on Sep 29, 2014 wrote:
I have a bug. The bug is that my powers (Valor's Fortress, Assassin's Strike, etc... mainly the powers my gear gives me) keep moving to the back of my list! It gets very annoying, sometimes I forget to move them to the front of my list. I want to know if this bug is happening to anyone else, or even if it's a bug. If it is, than can someone tell me how I fix it?

~Dead-eye Octavio Devereaux, level 65 Witchdoctor~
~Fearful Zane Parker, level 65 Buccaneer~
It was a bug that was happening to a lot of players before some of the recent updates and supposedly they found a fix for it. However I too had it happen to me a few days ago (it used to happen almost anytime I moved a power from the second page). I had just finished un-equipping my 'pet training gear' (4 pieces) and equipped my 'battle gear'. I then moved the powers from the new gear and sorted them to my liking. I closed the powers interface and opened it back up to see that the powers were all rearranged and placed back at the end of the power roster.

That is the first time I noticed it happening for me, since the supposed fixing of the bug. However, I have seen it happen with my Doubloons as well, after I have sorted and arranged them. I've also seen other players mention that they are having some of the same issues. Either way, I am sure it is being looked into by KI.

Lieutenant
Jan 18, 2013
I do it sometimes and it is very annoying, I am sure it is not a bug. It's just because you keep changing your gear and the powers given are not available to you when it is not equipped but when you put it back on your powers move to the back of your list.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Ninja Phoenix123 on Oct 1, 2014 wrote:
I do it sometimes and it is very annoying, I am sure it is not a bug. It's just because you keep changing your gear and the powers given are not available to you when it is not equipped but when you put it back on your powers move to the back of your list.
Yeah, forgetting to sort and put the powers back into their desired position can surely be part of the problem, but in my case and others I have talked too (not sure if original poster has the forgetting issue or the bug issue), what happens is that even after equipping new gear and resorting the powers from that gear, sometimes the powers reset themselves again and move around when there is no further changing of equipment. I have only seen it happen once since the Advanced Companions/Pets update, but before that it happened all the time.

The most recent time was after I unequipped all of the +5 Energy, Grizzly gear and then re-equipped my desired battle gear (Accessory, Totem, Charm, Ring). After doing so, I immediately went into the power roster and moved my powers back to where I wanted them. I then closed the power interface and opened it back up to see the powers had shifted back again 'on their own'-- same bug as there was before. However I haven't seen it happen since, almost a week later. I have heard other players say they have seen it happening with Doubloons as well, and thought it happened on my pirate a couple times as well, but I didn't pay enough attention to be 100% certain.