Weapon Combos Not Using Correct Bonus

2
AuthorMessage
Developer
Dr Zeppers on May 30, 2013 wrote:
Although the damage bonus stats appear to be fixed, this issue is still not entirely fixed.

My Witchdoctors trained +1 range bonus is still not being given.
I suspect its broken on my Musketeer as well.

Please take another look.
Zeppers, I am having trouble reproducing the bug with Sniper and Spirit Sight. It seems to be working when I test it.

I don't want to call your report into doubt (especially since Talents definitely took such an unexpected hammering) but can you just confirm for me:

a) the specific weapons you are using

b) you definitely have the talent, and have the weapon equipped

and

c) that you are testing their ranges in combat (not out of combat)

We don't show the updated ranges on the weapon popups-- and we only show the damage updates on your character sheet as well. So to verify that they are working or not requires actually getting into combat and trying to hit someone +1 square away (4 with a staff, 5 with a musket for example).

Bosun
May 10, 2010
396
Ratbeard on Jun 4, 2013 wrote:
Zeppers, I am having trouble reproducing the bug with Sniper and Spirit Sight. It seems to be working when I test it.

I don't want to call your report into doubt (especially since Talents definitely took such an unexpected hammering) but can you just confirm for me:

a) the specific weapons you are using

b) you definitely have the talent, and have the weapon equipped

and

c) that you are testing their ranges in combat (not out of combat)

We don't show the updated ranges on the weapon popups-- and we only show the damage updates on your character sheet as well. So to verify that they are working or not requires actually getting into combat and trying to hit someone +1 square away (4 with a staff, 5 with a musket for example).
RatBeard, so far, all of the Sniper Sight's for the Musketeer's are now working, it's only the spirit sight with combo weapons that are still bugged.

Prime Example is the Magister Templi's Set, which is a Shooty/Staffy Weapon with a range of 3. For the Musketeer, it gets it's range of 4, but for the WitchDoctor, it's range is still only 3.

A few other notes:
Rain Maker's Kit Mahrata's Kit, & the Paleontologist's Kit are all Slashy/Staffy weapons, which are giving out the staffy bonuses, but no slashy Bonus at all.

Also, the Royal Fusileer's Set is a Smashy/Shooty with a range of 3. It gets the +1 Sniper range, but does not get any smashy weapon bonus, which I got lucky and only trained so far, the +2, so I did not waste a bunch of practice points getting to Smashy 2. It should also get the Smashy bonus like any other class receives their bonus for secondary classes trained. After all, Practice points are not free and can't be retrained for free either!

Thanks for looking into this.

DarthJT

Community Leader
Ratbeard on Jun 4, 2013 wrote:
Zeppers, I am having trouble reproducing the bug with Sniper and Spirit Sight. It seems to be working when I test it.

I don't want to call your report into doubt (especially since Talents definitely took such an unexpected hammering) but can you just confirm for me:

a) the specific weapons you are using

b) you definitely have the talent, and have the weapon equipped

and

c) that you are testing their ranges in combat (not out of combat)

We don't show the updated ranges on the weapon popups-- and we only show the damage updates on your character sheet as well. So to verify that they are working or not requires actually getting into combat and trying to hit someone +1 square away (4 with a staff, 5 with a musket for example).
This was broken on staffy only weapons when I first mentioned it, but now it seems to be working.

However it still does not work on my Shooty/Staffy combo weapons.

I am DEFINATELY checking in combat.
(lol never occurred to me to look outside of combat, where would I look?)
I have the talent for +1 range trained (Spirit Sight).
I have the Ptolemaic Brace (shooty/staffy) equipped
(didnt work on Gorgomancer Set either also shooty/staffy).

I cannot aim a regular non-card/power (ie basic attack) further than 3 squares.
All of my power cards, reflect their base range, none reflect +1 ranges (except the infinite range powers).

According to DarthJT who tested on his musketeer, he gets the range bonus when using a shooty/staffy weapon. Wheres the love for the Witchdoctors?

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Developer
Thanks for the feedback.

I'll check them out (starting with the weapons you flagged) and hopefully I can find the problem and fix it.

By the way, I've identified (and fixed) the problem with the weapon damage talents. (As always, the fix has to wait for a patch window.)

Bosun
May 10, 2010
396
Ratbeard on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
Thanks for the feedback.

I'll check them out (starting with the weapons you flagged) and hopefully I can find the problem and fix it.

By the way, I've identified (and fixed) the problem with the weapon damage talents. (As always, the fix has to wait for a patch window.)
Oh yeah, one more question RatBeard, if you don't mind.

The Smashy/Shooty weapon, is a pistol and a Shield. Perfectly fine to me, I like the look, however, a shield is still a smashy weapon and can do damage, so why is sneak attack not unlocked? It states, must be used with a slashy, smashy, or stabby weapon.

Thanks,

DarthJT

Developer
Darth JT on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
Oh yeah, one more question RatBeard, if you don't mind.

The Smashy/Shooty weapon, is a pistol and a Shield. Perfectly fine to me, I like the look, however, a shield is still a smashy weapon and can do damage, so why is sneak attack not unlocked? It states, must be used with a slashy, smashy, or stabby weapon.

Thanks,

DarthJT
That weapon set counts as a Ranged weapon. (Sight unseen, I am guessing Sneak Attack is requiring a Melee weapon.)

I'll take a look at sneak attack and see if there's a better way to organize the logic and/or improve the messaging.

Bosun
May 10, 2010
396
Ratbeard on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
That weapon set counts as a Ranged weapon. (Sight unseen, I am guessing Sneak Attack is requiring a Melee weapon.)

I'll take a look at sneak attack and see if there's a better way to organize the logic and/or improve the messaging.
Thanks for taking a look at it Ratbeard, it's not a deal breaker, after all, nice damage and getting some armor, just thought that since I do have a Smashy/Shooty Weapon, and Sneak Attack requires a Slashy, Smashy, or Stabby weapon, that it should work, but I would rather have the range.

Okay, another thing. I just got the Blades of Shade Weapon! Finally! Woot Woot!!! However, it's not getting either the slashy or stabby bonus and it is a slashy/stabby weapon. Please fix this Ratbeard and thanks again.

DarthJT

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
Ratbeard on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
That weapon set counts as a Ranged weapon. (Sight unseen, I am guessing Sneak Attack is requiring a Melee weapon.)

I'll take a look at sneak attack and see if there's a better way to organize the logic and/or improve the messaging.
Hmm, Isn't Smashy Melee? And if it is a combo weapon, wouldn't both parts of the combo count?

Developer
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 7, 2013 wrote:
Hmm, Isn't Smashy Melee? And if it is a combo weapon, wouldn't both parts of the combo count?
No.

Same as if you have a pistol and sword combo. It counts as a melee weapon, not a ranged weapon.

Both parts of a combo weapon should "count" with respect to weapon damage talents. And as much as possible, I try to make them "count" for other talents.

But due to animation restrictions (and some other complex logic...), a combo weapon has to function as one or the other.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6038
Ratbeard on Jun 8, 2013 wrote:
No.

Same as if you have a pistol and sword combo. It counts as a melee weapon, not a ranged weapon.

Both parts of a combo weapon should "count" with respect to weapon damage talents. And as much as possible, I try to make them "count" for other talents.

But due to animation restrictions (and some other complex logic...), a combo weapon has to function as one or the other.
Understood, thank you. So is the first one of the list the primary talent? That way I will know ahead of time which powers will grey out?

2